Innovative Marine Aquariums

New nano girl

mediumsprite

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, thanks! And you're welcome! Always a pleasure to help out a newbie or fellow member. B)

Always good to test out the water yourself just in case. You'll want to test it regularly for the next couple week or so anyways.

Keep an eay to your tank though, over the next sever weeks, you'll more than likely notice something new in your tank or on your rock everyday! ;)

Nice:)

Hope you don't have crazy cats or any animals. Mine would knock over that tank as soon as I put it up!! Looking ggod!

thx.

The tank’s not going anywhere unless you break it off the stand. The stand is bolted to the floor, so you can't even budge it. and the tank is adhered with silicone to the stand. The glass would snap off before the stand moves. thx to my BF:)

I do metal fabrication myself and assuming it has even half decent welds on it that should be more than enough to support a tank. I get underneath half ton parts and weld them together with little more support than that.

I do metal fabrication myself and assuming it has even half decent welds on it that should be more than enough to support a tank. I get underneath half ton parts and weld them together with little more support than that.

Not to mention a good weld is usually stronger than the steel itself. ;)

The stand looks solid, like one of those Tank barriers on the beach during the Normandy invasion. :P

LOl lol lol lol ...

The tank’s not going anywhere unless you break it off the stand. The stand is bolted to the floor, so you can't even budge it. and the tank is adhered with silicone to the stand. The glass would snap off before the stand moves. thx to my BF:)

Wow, why so heavy duty?

Yeah, I was amazed at the stuff they build at his work. He's the construction coordinator, so I'm sure his work holds:)

post-24002-1165206985_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Glad to hear your system is coming along:)

Thanks,,,,Do you have any pix?

I do have some pics but a x-mas party stopped me from doing anything this weekend... I will be posting more pic by this weekend

HEllo,

I just found out my BF has an account at Sea Dwelling Creatures. Is that place any good? My BF was Telling me he use to have a reef tank about two years ago before he got called to active duty. The F*^KER has been holding out:) lol

He said he wants me to figure it all out on my own, little does he know that I'm surfing nano-reef for info;) lol

mybuickskill6979
How do you know the gender ..... might just be male :huh:

No guarantees on the internet :D

dude if you watch maury povich you'd know that there are never any guarantees lol. could be all feminine and then later on have something hit you in the eye that night lol!! :lol:

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

steer clear of the damsels. its a very old practice.

store gets you to purchase damsels for cycling, 9 outta 10 times they die, and you return to the store for more fish. :)

sad but true. the truth of the matter, ya dont need fish to cycle an aquarium. alittle fish food and lr and the cycle will start on its own.

only when the aquarium has completed its cycle should you add fish.

hth.

steer clear of the damsels. its a very old practice.

store gets you to purchase damsels for cycling, 9 outta 10 times they die, and you return to the store for more fish. :)

sad but true. the truth of the matter, ya dont need fish to cycle an aquarium. alittle fish food and lr and the cycle will start on its own.

only when the aquarium has completed its cycle should you add fish.

hth.

Thank you, will do.

Sushi paty @ Shogun in Northridge this Weds.. Come and see for yourself. I'm all woman:) I'll be there with BF and friends, so don't be shy local reefers come and get drunk with us......this weekend we'll be parting in Pasadena at the 35 or mc. murphys.

Wow, why so heavy duty?

I was told it was made from leftover pcs. off a job.

Thank you, will do.

Sushi paty @ Shogun in Northridge this Weds.. Come and see for yourself. I'm all woman:) I'll be there with BF and friends, so don't be shy local reefers come and get drunk with us......this weekend we'll be parting in Pasadena at the 35 or mc. murphys.

I was told it was made from leftover pcs. off a job.

Mc Murphy's ROCKS! :D PITA to get in there on St Patty's day though, lol! Wow, there's a Shogun in Northridge? I only knew of the one in Pasadena, lol! Anywho, that's good he's letting you figure it out, although I'm sure he'll help you out with pointers at least. ;) But you're definitely a smart girl by looking up info online and finding a great community (NR here) to ask your questions to. :)

I should get a stand of steel like that for my 30g tank I'm getting by the end of the year, lol!

Mc Murphy's ROCKS! :D PITA to get in there on St Patty's day though, lol! Wow, there's a Shogun in Northridge? I only knew of the one in Pasadena, lol! Anywho, that's good he's letting you figure it out, although I'm sure he'll help you out with pointers at least. ;) But you're definitely a smart girl by looking up info online and finding a great community (NR here) to ask your questions to. :)

I should get a stand of steel like that for my 30g tank I'm getting by the end of the year, lol!

lol...

You got PM:)

LMK how you want your stand. I'm sure he'll hook it up if I ask him:)

lol, got your PM. Thanks for the offer! B)

I wish my g/f was as generous with my tank and reef needs as your b/f is with your's. She's having me setup a freshwater tank for her, but I told her she has to upkeep and stock it herself. That isn't too harsh, is it? :P She thinks me upgrading to a 30g is rediculous, LOL! :lol:

lol, got your PM. Thanks for the offer! B)

I wish my g/f was as generous with my tank and reef needs as your b/f is with your's. She's having me setup a freshwater tank for her, but I told her she has to upkeep and stock it herself. That isn't too harsh, is it? :P She thinks me upgrading to a 30g is rediculous, LOL! :lol:

lol.. U just have to know how to work it:)... the trick is called; "ORAL"

lol It's probably because I got him a nice shotgun as a welcome home present:)

Sounds like your GF is working you, lol j/k:)

Upgrade is good, as long it's not taking up her room:) lol

mybuickskill6979

shot guns rock. its a 12 gauge right? hehe. i which any of my ladies would have got me a shotty!! :lol: he's a lucky man!!

She said "Oral"

That's hot.

post-24002-1165272253_thumb.jpglol lol you guys r too funny. lol

here's r some more pix. as you can see that aptasia (i hope that's the way you spell it) is doing fine...not it's time to kill him. lol

Archived