Innovative Marine Aquariums

New nano girl

mediumsprite

looks like everyone is going out of thier way to help you cuz you happen to be of the opposite sex hahahah sop many nano nerds (me included)

How do you know the gender ..... might just be male :huh:

No guarantees on the internet :D

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because everyone on the net tells the truth and can be trusted.

right.....

guys.....

anyone.....

^-- :mellow:

Just remember, everyone on da intarwebz is a 45 yr old fat guy, with a hairy back, who lives in his mom's basment until someone offers definitive proof otherwise.

Welcome to NR.com, by the way.

Tank pics would be good. ;)

PS: Nuhtty is right.

Perhaps we'll find out at the next So. Cali frag swap in mid January. ;)

Anywho, how's the tank coming along Miriam, or have you set it up yet?

Perhaps we'll find out at the next So. Cali frag swap in mid January. ;)

Anywho, how's the tank coming along Miriam, or have you set it up yet?

Hi Phixion,

my BF is almost finished with stand. he send me some pix via cell, so i"ll post them when I get home.

I figure in 3 weeks I'll start adding a few fish, skimmer. then maybe in a month some corals.

I tell you, you can find just about all the info you need just by searching, love it:)

thx

Hi Phixion,

my BF is almost finished with stand. he send me some pix via cell, so i"ll post them when I get home.

I figure in 3 weeks I'll start adding a few fish, skimmer. then maybe in a month some corals.

I tell you, you can find just about all the info you need just by searching, love it:)

thx

Uh-oh! She said the "BF" word. Tiny is not going to be happy about that. Hehehe

Hi Phixion,

thx

some people dont know about searching for information, happy you know. keep us updated on your tank

later

Hi Phixion,

thx

Sounds good then! Found any sources for L/R yet? I see there's some for sale in the classifieds right now, not sure how promising that one is though, but worth checking out. Also remember to take it slow when you start. Of course everyone and every tank is different in how they establish, but for me I didn't add my first fish till I'd say 2 months after I started my tank. I was more worried about

stocking it with corals anyways, lol! Some say that adding fish first is better though, I think it's just personl preferance really. You don't have to have one to have the other. Anywho good luck with the tank and check out www.nanocustoms.com to see all the modifications you can do to your Nano-Cube. Most of it is lighting upgrades, but there's also some cooling and chilling options on there as well.

Lastly, info is what we're all about on NR. ;) Glad we can all help you out with the tank!

some people dont know about searching for information, happy you know. keep us updated on your tank

later

here's some pix of the stand he"s wrkn on

post-24002-1165015165_thumb.jpg

post-24002-1165015193_thumb.jpg

Very cool! interested to see how it turns out! Make sure you have a complete flat surface under the Cube to prevent the glass from cracking/breaking. :)

Sounds good then! Found any sources for L/R yet? I see there's some for sale in the classifieds right now, not sure how promising that one is though, but worth checking out. Also remember to take it slow when you start. Of course everyone and every tank is different in how they establish, but for me I didn't add my first fish till I'd say 2 months after I started my tank. I was more worried about

stocking it with corals anyways, lol! Some say that adding fish first is better though, I think it's just personl preferance really. You don't have to have one to have the other. Anywho good luck with the tank and check out www.nanocustoms.com to see all the modifications you can do to your Nano-Cube. Most of it is lighting upgrades, but there's also some cooling and chilling options on there as well.

Lastly, info is what we're all about on NR. ;) Glad we can all help you out with the tank!

Howdy Phixoin,

no LR yet. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the info, very cool. That was my next research step, chiller!

I posted some pix of the unfinished stand. I haven't decided on what kind of material to use for the top and a small lower shelve. after all the metal is done< I'm going to have it powder coated clear.

thx again :)

wow look at all this attention...now i wish i was a girl that was into this hobby...

Asin, don't even start newbie :slap::naughtydance:

Newbie? I'm an '04 reefer, sucka! You're the newbie. LOL

And when's your operation? LOL

looks like your going to have a nice stand. wish i had iron man skills like that

thx. i"ll post pix when it's complete. Now that phix turned me onto that mod website I'm going to have some fun.

Very cool! interested to see how it turns out! Make sure you have a complete flat surface under the Cube to prevent the glass from cracking/breaking. :)

thx, Yeah. I just can't figure if I should have it made from wood or steel. both will fit the decor in the room.

Howdy Phixoin,

no LR yet. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the info, very cool. That was my next research step, chiller!

I posted some pix of the unfinished stand. I haven't decided on what kind of material to use for the top and a small lower shelve. after all the metal is done< I'm going to have it powder coated clear.

thx again :)

Well the ICA chiller from Nanocustoms is a good choice. It chills up to about 5 degrees lower than what you're tank would otherwise be (usually around 86F for a Nano-Cube). I put on one my Aquapod over the summer during the bad heatwave we had, and it made a world of differance. Since you're b/f is good at making you a nice stand, installing the ICA into the hood shouldn't be to much of a task for him, it's pretty simple really, and a well spent investment as well. The ICA is made by Nanocustoms. The way I started out my nano was I bought the tank of course. Then I got the stand and set it up. I had my live sand ready for a couple weeks before setting the tank up and I premixed 2 5 gallong buckets of saltwater a few days before setting up the tank. That way the day I set it up, I could add the sand and water immediately. The tank sat for a little over a week before I added the L/R I got for it. Then from there I let it cycle and went crazy adding stuff to it, lol! But the method worked very well for me. My water wasn't cloudy like some experience when I added the sand and then water, and my tank only took a week to cycle which is really good for cycling time. That's all dependant on the L/R you get of course, how cured and cyclced it already is. On the stand, perhaps some "3/4 thick oak plywood would be a good choice for the top surface. It's strong, durable and would look fine when painted up to match the rest of the stand. Just a suggestion though! :)

Jin, you still get lots of attention because of your dope clam and tank! :D

Archived