Top Shelf Aquatics

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

WOW! Stunning :)

Our LFS has 1 for sale...349.99 I am not getting 1 though.

I have a question for ya. Are you finding any "Dead Zones"?

If so, how will you compensate for that?

That Drop off and ur Corals are just so amazing! :wub:

• Like 1

WOW! Stunning :)

Our LFS has 1 for sale...349.99 I am not getting 1 though.

I have a question for ya. Are you finding any "Dead Zones"?

If so, how will you compensate for that?

That Drop off and ur Corals are just so amazing! :wub:

Not sure on the dead zones. I have the mp10 to counteract that though. But I also have very fine sand so I can't turn that up very high.

And thank you!!!!

• Like 9

No one's had one to know, but is there a tendency in this tank for the detritus to land in the bottom portion more than not? And maybe all you have to do is clean the bottom sand? Just curious. And do the fish seem to swim more on top or bottom?

• Like 2

No one's had one to know, but is there a tendency in this tank for the detritus to land in the bottom portion more than not? And maybe all you have to do is clean the bottom sand? Just curious. And do the fish seem to swim more on top or bottom?

Not sure yet. I'm also dealing with clownfish that like to sweep the sand every night so every morning I'm basting the corals to get the fine silty sand off of them LOL. For some reason they prefer no sand where they sleep at night. They were like that in my other tank too. All of them spend most of the day at the bottom of the deep end. Although the clowns will venture to the top level occasionally. Mostly when they are looking for food. Everyone seems more secure in the deep section though :).
  • Like 4

Not sure on the dead zones. I have the mp10 to counteract that though. But I also have very fine sand so I can't turn that up very high.And thank you!!!!https://www.instagram.com/p/BMAI27GjdXD/?taken-by=thereefgarden

Everything looks so good! It doesn't seem to matter what tank you use, your coral always look so puffy and fluffy.

I would think flow could be trick in a drop off tank.

• Like 2

Thanks you guys :flower:. Here's one I posted on Instagram yesterday. I was sitting on the couch with my dog glued to my leg. She was pretty freaked out with the noise from the workers yesterday. Today was a much better day. All of the animals are getting used to the loud noises and strangers that are in and out. Didn't take them too long thank goodness. I was feeling a bit guilty about it when my dog was shivering on my lap yesterday LOL..

• Like 12

Poor babies, get all confused w/ all the people in the house making noises they've never heard, can't place. Tank is looking wonderful right there.

• Like 2

Woah am I behind! So thrilled to see the transfer went well! It looks like everything made the transfer and bounced right back without any issues at all. I really love how everything looks in the new tank. The dropoff just adds such a fun, unique aspect to your already gorgeous corals. Lovely work with that modern white stand to match the tank too! It just all came together so nicely :)

I especially love this photo! I really love the mix of colors and textures you have in this tank. So lush! :wub:

omgomgomg

Thank you :flower:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-25%20at%202.58.5

How is the renovation coming along? I can't wait to see the finished product. The new paint in the living room looks so nice. Gave that room such a fresh facelift and its not a lovely backdrop for the tank. You all are going to love hanging out in that new spruced up room!

• Like 1

Poor babies, get all confused w/ all the people in the house making noises they've never heard, can't place. Tank is looking wonderful right there.

Thank you, Annette! Yeah, they hide all day and as soon as it gets quiet they know it's all clear and they come out. It's kinda funny. Chloe will be out with me but the cats hide in the bedroom all day. Except at lunch time when they stop and at the end of the day when they leave :).

Woah am I behind! So thrilled to see the transfer went well! It looks like everything made the transfer and bounced right back without any issues at all. I really love how everything looks in the new tank. The dropoff just adds such a fun, unique aspect to your already gorgeous corals. Lovely work with that modern white stand to match the tank too! It just all came together so nicely :)

I especially love this photo! I really love the mix of colors and textures you have in this tank. So lush! :wub:

How is the renovation coming along? I can't wait to see the finished product. The new paint in the living room looks so nice. Gave that room such a fresh facelift and its not a lovely backdrop for the tank. You all are going to love hanging out in that new spruced up room!

The transfer went REALLY well. No losses. Everything is super happy. I couldn't be happier. I'm in love with the tank. The drop-off adds such a uniqueness that you just don't see. Even the acrylic instead of glass is so soft and clear looking. And the white base with the white stand. It's absolutely perfect to me!!!!!

Renovation is moving along FAST! I even mentioned to the main lady that things are really moving along at a nice pace. She said it really is. She said we are really easy to work with as well and they really like us which helps. If you are a PITA customer, they don't move so fast LOL. I can understand that for sure. The floor is framed and there will be an inspection today (hopefully). The only thing really slowing us down or that has to potential to slow us down is the inspector. This week they will do electrical. We spent quite a bit of time looking at lighting this weekend. It's time consuming but fun :). We ended up changing the plans just a little, making the bathroom a bit bigger than originally planned. Which is good. I didn't want a tiny bathroom. Which means the closet will also be bigger :happydance:. And still a nice sized bedroom. Bigger than what we have now! Really looking forward to it all being done!!!!

• Like 4

Thank you, Annette! Yeah, they hide all day and as soon as it gets quiet they know it's all clear and they come out. It's kinda funny. Chloe will be out with me but the cats hide in the bedroom all day. Except at lunch time when they stop and at the end of the day when they leave :). The transfer went REALLY well. No losses. Everything is super happy. I couldn't be happier. I'm in love with the tank. The drop-off adds such a uniqueness that you just don't see. Even the acrylic instead of glass is so soft and clear looking. And the white base with the white stand. It's absolutely perfect to me!!!!!Renovation is moving along FAST! I even mentioned to the main lady that things are really moving along at a nice pace. She said it really is. She said we are really easy to work with as well and they really like us which helps. If you are a PITA customer, they don't move so fast LOL. I can understand that for sure. The floor is framed and there will be an inspection today (hopefully). The only thing really slowing us down or that has to potential to slow us down is the inspector. This week they will do electrical. We spent quite a bit of time looking at lighting this weekend. It's time consuming but fun :). We ended up changing the plans just a little, making the bathroom a bit bigger than originally planned. Which is good. I didn't want a tiny bathroom. Which means the closet will also be bigger :happydance:. And still a nice sized bedroom. Bigger than what we have now! Really looking forward to it all being done!!!!

You're tank looking so good isn't a surprise......but I'm happy to hear construction is going so well for you!

You know I want pics of the house progress!

• Like 2

You're tank looking so good isn't a surprise......but I'm happy to hear construction is going so well for you!

You know I want pics of the house progress!

The Inspector was just here and signed off. So they can proceed :). I'll grab some pictures. One of the neatest things is I can see the back of my fireplace omgomgomg. I was in the room after they tore out all the walls and looked up and saw that. Surprised the heck out of me LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-31%20at%209.04.3

I'll go get a picture of the floor framing for you :).

• Like 8

Whoever built that fireplace was drunk lol

Nah....it's at an angle in the room so they built it with a twist up to the attic. It's pretty awesome looking!!!! I was impressed!!!!
  • Like 1

WOW! the aquarium looks amazing! it makes me rethink of getting one of the concepts instead of the Fusion20g.

It's a sweet tank for sure. I absolutely adore how it looks. There are concerns that people are having with the front panel bowing however. For anyone thinking of setting one of these up...do some research on it. I still love it though :).
  • Like 1