SaltCritters.com

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

I picked up a handful of items from ebay this weekend. Here are a couple cool pieces. Ice Queen Blasto, Dark Lord Yuma, and Frozen Flame Chalice. This is the first chalice I've owned, so I guess I'll have a chance to see what they hype is all about!

I also grabbed two new acans, and a couple of rhodactis mushrooms.

This is a local shop, so shipping was free. 6 pieces, under $100!

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

• Like 1

Gorgeous pickups! I've had one chalice and had to get rid of it. It would put out super long stingers. I don't understand how people are able to grow these in their tanks, and huge at that. Maybe I just picked up a really feisty one. I love the colors on the one you got!

Here's one of the rhodactis. The stock photos of the acans don't do them any justice, I'll try to grab a shot of them when the lights come up a little in the tank.

$_57.JPG

• Like 1

Gorgeous pickups! I've had one chalice and had to get rid of it. It would put out super long stingers. I don't understand how people are able to grow these in their tanks, and huge at that. Maybe I just picked up a really feisty one. I love the colors on the one you got!

Yeah, I broke one of my rules when I bought this. I am not supposed to buy anything that I haven't researched, and feel fully comfortable hosting. I've got some reading to do, but for now, I think it's safe sitting alone on my frag rack in medium light and medium/high flow.

oh my..

That is, of course, what she said...

Nice rhodactis! The opaquish blue background on it is sexy.

Thanks, it's a little stressed right now as it's been under only actinics for who knows how long. It's going to take some time to acclimate to my radion.

Well... for all the victories that we experience in this hobby, it seems they are always tempered by some setbacks.

I lost a long-time tank resident today. My first maxi-mini anemone gets added to the "Tank Eternal" list today. I don't know what happened, but I came in yesterday and found it trying to eat a big turbo snail. I pulled the snail off, but it was dead. The next day, the maxi-mini was dead too. I've seen it eat snails before, but never something so large. I don't know if it got poisoned or what... Sad!

Here's a photo... In loving memory:

Pink%20Maxi_zpsjft3udir.jpg

• Like 1

Well... for all the victories that we experience in this hobby, it seems they are always tempered by some setbacks.

I lost a long-time tank resident today. My first maxi-mini anemone gets added to the "Tank Eternal" list today. I don't know what happened, but I came in yesterday and found it trying to eat a big turbo snail. I pulled the snail off, but it was dead. The next day, the maxi-mini was dead too. I've seen it eat snails before, but never something so large. I don't know if it got poisoned or what... Sad!

Here's a photo... In loving memory:

Sorry to hear that :(

I took a few shots last night when the whites were fading and the blues coming up.

Front20BTA_zpst7g70mxr.jpg

This is the rockwork in the front of the tank. When that big piece of green bird's nest died, I fragged off a lot of the tips. You can see where I just stuck them, and they're beginning to grow.

Front%20Rock_zpseolhjya4.jpg

• Like 2

New Yuma

Yuma_zps8kbpukex.jpg

Here's a few Zoos!

Zoos_zpsffycd0vy.jpg

My frag rack is getting lonely! I've been doing my best to find forever homes for things, but haven't figured out where I need more orange just yet... For now, they seem to like their spot here.

Frag%20Rack_zpst7pjomjz.jpg

Last, but not least, here are the new acans!

5a09d9ee-457a-42f9-b0c5-783ff63fdfb5_zps

• Like 2

One of my LFS's does some ebay sales, and since I can do free local pickup, I can get some real deals. Check out the 3 acans I just bought. $50 all in...

_57202_zps8zdqchii.jpg

_57201_zpsprq7wy77.jpg53332cd7-e042-40e7-9f84-0c66a622890f_zps

• Like 4

One of my LFS's does some ebay sales, and since I can do free local pickup, I can get some real deals. Check out the 3 acans I just bought. $50 all in...

_57202_zps8zdqchii.jpg

_57201_zpsprq7wy77.jpg53332cd7-e042-40e7-9f84-0c66a622890f_zps

Damnn those r some nice acans

Wow man, looking good!

Thanks! I love that desk plan you drew up. Very smart design.

Damnn those r some nice acans

I hope your work doesn't misinterpret your comments as something inappropriate!

Looks great man

Thanks Eugene. How's the new light treating you? This is my first experience with Radion and SPS, so I don't really have any basis for comparison.

Great looking tank, and sweet acans!

How are you liking the single radion on a 36" tank so far?

I really like it a lot! I have the Pro model with the wide-angle lenses. The standard lens puts out higher PAR #s, in a more concentrated area, but is too much for only 12" of depth. The wide-angle lenses reduce overall par, but give me plenty of spread to cover the 24x36" footprint. Right now, I still only have it firing at 40%, though I'm going to be bumping that up a little bit pretty soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how my corals respond to that.

I really like it a lot! I have the Pro model with the wide-angle lenses. The standard lens puts out higher PAR #s, in a more concentrated area, but is too much for only 12" of depth. The wide-angle lenses reduce overall par, but give me plenty of spread to cover the 24x36" footprint. Right now, I still only have it firing at 40%, though I'm going to be bumping that up a little bit pretty soon. I'm looking forward to seeing how my corals respond to that.

Oh nice, still only at 40% and it looks pretty great from your recent photos.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with regards to PAR and a shallow tank. I have a 36" long tank that's 13" high, and wasn't so much worried about light getting to the bottom, more so concerned about coverage. But yours looks like it reaches the corners well, so I'll be on the lookout for any radion deals :D

Thanks Eugene. How's the new light treating you? This is my first experience with Radion and SPS, so I don't really have any basis for comparison.

Im totally in love :wub::wub: Corals are looking better already

Im totally in love :wub::wub: Corals are looking better already

Can't wait to see some of those famous Rehype photos! You know the ones... the kind where you post one picture and you get 4 pages of "Oohs" and "Ahs."