SaltCritters.com

Nanofreaks Tiny Terror Algae returns!

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Nothing major to update. Ill have a few things in a week. I threw in some more fish food to see if that helps things along. I used live sand from my 45, so I think that's helping. I'll probably get a clean up crew soon. I already have diatoms as of Friday.

In thinking a anemone only tank, with just inverts....not sure any ideas??

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

I recently went on Tcmas, but only cause I needed help with my apex. I find Tcmas boring and the mods hate me, I've been scolded and given infractions just for speaking my mind. There are some cool people on there though.

Nanofreak79

I think that's a cool idea. I liked maxis when I had them. I really want a new light. This ones ok, but no the best color rendition. I might use T5 fixture I have? Dunno? Can you put bubble tips in with all them

I recently went on Tcmas, but only cause I needed help with my apex. I find Tcmas boring and the mods hate me, I've been scolded and given infractions just for speaking my mind. There are some cool people on there though.

Lol. Many people agree. Its very "clicky". I only use it for the classifieds and trading corals. Hit me up if you ever want to trade frags

Nanofreak79

For sure! I'll pm you my #. I had a tank crash so I'm on a frag/coral hunt right now. I've got and also getting tomorrow some new frags. After a little grow out I'll make up some frags.

Nanofreak79

So tank is ready for its after cycle water change. I am in need of a clean up crew bad! I will wait another week and test a few things before adding the cuc. I've decided on either flower or maxi mini tank. or bubble tip. IDK, still thinking. i have added my Aquatic life 2 bulb marquis fixture. nevermind the color, couldn't find any ATI bulbs I had.

18057584568_8caa2dadb1_k.jpgMr Aqua 6 gallon T5's by nanofreak 79, on Flickr

Nanofreak79

Just did a water change and filter sock too. I had the backside of my hand touching the fixture and using it to blow off the rocks.....long story short I got electrocuted! like grab the end of a broken light bulb kinda shock. anyone know what the hell is going on. I'm using a aquatic life T5 marquis fixture. i have had it just sitting waiting to be used, but i nvere have been shocked by it. I tried different outlets didn't make a difference. guess I will be upgrading. I could also just take down for sale thread and use the current USA fixture.

And this is coming from Mr.DeepPockets lmao.... They aren't that bad dude. No different than high end Zoa's lol.

Nanofreak79

I look at those and think wow, I could get those zoas I want :bling::slap: I found a frag pack of three maxi mini for $70....or try and find some flowers online. I want to get some inverts in there too. i have to figure out why my light is electrocuting me when i touch it while my hand is in the water. Is there something internal I could fix. Really could use some help. :rant:

Well I can provide a hint on why you're getting shocked. The fixture is AC probably in the 600VAC range.

Somewhere there might be stray voltage and when you touch it and put your hand in the water you're making yourself a conduit for the electricity to flow.

Which is fascinating as I've lit fluorescent tubes with two people an iron rod and a Tesla coil before without anyone getting shocked.

Nanofreak79

English, smarty pants. Why is it doing it? I understand why I'm getting shocked......hmmm

Something is leaking voltage. Either a ballast or a bare wire. If you just touch the fixture you don't get shocked because you're grounded. If you put your hand in the water then the electricity flows into the tank instead by going through you because the waters resistance is less than your floors.

Basically it's like this. If I have two wires that are hanging loose and I had just one I won't get shocked. If I grab both I will because I just made a circuit and I'm part of it.

You might have some voltage leading into the water too and that's causing the circuit. Is part of the fixture in the water at all? I can't see the mounting legs too good in the picture.

Nanofreak79

No, no part of the fixture is in the water. I have had my hand in the tank and sump without issue. I have only a neo therm heater and mini max reactor going, along with an mj1200 return pump. I could always gut it and make it leds only.

Oh, and the feet on the metal mounting arms are plastic, touching the tank.

Nanofreak79

Sent an email to aquatic life. I originally purchased 6 months ago from Amazon.com I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Nanofreak79

Aquatic life said in no way could it be there light, I was a little thrown off by how confident they were. I went to the sump and started turning off things one by one, bingo! my IM media reactor pump was leaking the current into the water. I just threw it away, as I've glued the pump outlet from being broken, and the top knob broke off...oh and the bracket broke.

I am ordering a CUC tomorrow and most likely a nem or two, just to get some life in there. ATI bulbs ordered as well, blue plus and actinic and the UVL 25/75 bulb to see how it looks. I want the nems to pop!

Archived