Cultivated Reef

Nanofreaks Tiny Terror Algae returns!

Nanofreak79

CatfishSoupFTW

The cost of the light and shhyt doesn't count right because you already had it right ?

hahahah yessssh,I can't wait to see this B)

To hold water :P ?

oh wait nvm, im such an idiot. I see how this works. sorry brain fart. I dont own an ATO for my 10 gallon, since I didnt want a bulky look, and the tunze nano doesnt have a redundancy as the older brother does. then I havent bothered with the hydro one so yeah. 1 cup a day water changes is what im accustomed to atm.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
question. whats the point for an ATO tank?
The 2.5 gallon tank pictured holds my RO top off water, which is pumped in when my ATO kicks on.

oh wait nvm, im such an idiot. I see how this works. sorry brain fart. I dont own an ATO for my 10 gallon, since I didnt want a bulky look, and the tunze nano doesnt have a redundancy as the older brother does. then I havent bothered with the hydro one so yeah. 1 cup a day water changes is what im accustomed to atm.
The tunze nano has a dial/switch for timer that shuts pump off after a certain amount of time on.

I don't know... It actually sounds like they want you to make an LC heavy tank. You know, because we sponsor over there too. ;) "Purchases made from R2R sponsors (see list below) will count as 50% of the total purchase amount. For example, a $200 purchase from a R2R vendor will count as $100 from your spending limit."
Hmmmm....acan garden, mushies and yumas.....maybe LC has some more sps? For sure some Z'z and P'z.

Shoulda sprung for an ac that could fit that heater. :P
I already had the cobalt. I would do a heater if I had the bigger ac, but worried about the sand storm.

Some Fiji Pink sand would be awesome. Bigger particle sizes too,would a AC50 hold that behemoth lol ?! I hazzzz a extra casing ;)

Nanofreak79

No, I doubt it would hold it. It is short? I'm gonna keep what I got. It's something you deal with when you don't have an AIO or a sump.

Nanofreak79

That's a good idea! Wish I thought of it before I bought the ac, surface skimmer and InTank basket. Lmao. Maybe I'll change it up down the road though.

I was a little worried about using a canister. I'm loving it though! On my 5 gallon it's enough flow for the whole tank. No pumps or wires in the tank makes me happy :)

Nanofreak79

I like to shoot first ask questions later. Lol. I like the idea. I'm staring at the tank now thinking about it. Hmmm. I could always sell the stuff I got.

Well, you saw my tank. It looks sooo clean. Will look even better with my Ada lily pipes!

I think with a cleaning every 2 weeks, a canister can work just fine with a reef tank. I gutted mine and only used the filter floss, sponges, some carbon, and live rock.

P.s. My water is stupid clear

Lol...I'm kinda computer dumb..not horrible, but that would take me forever to figure out, and make a cool little picture.

I sux at the interwebs

Nanofreak79

I'm computer dumb too, don't worry bout that. I just use my copy link button on the iPad and paste it into the signature tab on the profile page. Then I used my puter to add the titles. And den.......no and den.

The AC50 is 6" tall x almost 2.5" wide. Like I said,I've got a extra casing if you ever want it down the road.

If you do end up whiching up filters,get dem lily pipes !!! The ADA & Do!Aqua ones are saweeeet. I wish I could afford to put them on my girls tank,and used a Rapids Mini canister,sexxxx :happydance:

They sell it on F&S and BigAls. It's called Tom's Rapids Mini Canister. It's low flow,like 80gph or something.

Nanofreak79

Sweet, maybe I'll buy that for now. I could still use the heater until I can afford one. If someone would just buy my my neo therm I have up for sale. Thanks buddy!

Nanofreak79

Maybe I can sell my ac20 and InTank basket again, then my heater I have up for sale. Then I could pay for the canister and the inline heater. I wish you idiots would say something before I pissed away all this money. Lol. Jk

I already had the cobalt. I would do a heater if I had the bigger ac, but worried about the sand storm.

I did an ac50 on a 2.5 gal. No sand storms and i was using oolite. :)

I may have a buyer for your inTank basket,because I was going to sell him mine,but I think I'm going to keep mine,also I was going to sell it to him for $15 which I'm sure you can't take a big hit like that.

Just sell the filter and basket as a package deal,ya dig !! Or just ask people before you flush money away lol,or just but my damn AC50 housing and use the AC20 motor and impeller. Like I'm going to use do on my girls tank;AC50 and 20 impeller/motor.

Nanofreak79

Good idea. I'll probably keep it how it is until I can buy a canister and inline heater.....and the Lilly poops! Lol cause they look like poop if you don't clean them often. Here's some more pics taken with just the blues on and I also moved the heater, it's less noticable now. IMO

http://flic.kr/p/nZ9pa9'>14430171198_90b77e6555.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nZ9pa9'>IMG_8502 by -Nanofreak79-

http://flic.kr/p/ogCNkx'>14616776245_6316688fa5.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/ogCNkx'>IMG_8504 by -Nanofreak79-

http://flic.kr/p/ogsahU'>14614700504_ab7b1bba24.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/ogsahU'>IMG_8503 by -Nanofreak79-

I still vote for my original idea man,drill and sump diss thang mange. It's not too late,lol. Just sell the filte and media rack dood.

If someone buys the heater,and say okay you do sell the filter,and so what if you sell the filter and media rack,the a 2.5 gallon tank,some acrylic sheets and a return pump;BOOM :D

It would be better drilled and sumped... just sayin :) It does look pretty sexy and I'm diggin that scape. Clean, sophisticated, with just the right touch of #### you this will look sick filled in lol

Archived