Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanofreaks Tiny Terror Algae returns!

Nanofreak79

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
Nanofreak79

I like it a lot. The controller is actually pretty sweet. It's ramping down to dark right now. It's very thin and seems like it'll grow anything fine. I'll get a par meter on it hopefully Ina week or so. I'm thinking lps and softies no problem. Right now I have it at 70% white and 100% blue. I'm jot sure if I need it, but it has an acclimation mode to. All in all a pretty sweet looking light. The color is a nice 14-16k with the blend I have on now.

Vera nize.
Thanks brotha.

Another thing, the 24" covers the 30" tank no problem.

Thanks brotha.Another thing, the 24" covers the 30" tank no problem.

I see significant shading under those rocks. :P

Nanofreak79

I'm sure. LEDs do get shady on ya. Please don't give me the NanoBox speech, I'll have to blow my brains out!

yeah but then you're boiling the water. I'm pretty sure that corals and fish find that objectionable.

Nanofreak79

Thanks bro. I'll be trying out sps at the top. I guess I'll see how the lps do. Getting my hands on the par meter will give me a better idea. I know they have a chart, but I'll be the judge of that. ;)

Yeah always nice to get your own numbers and know whats up for real! :)

Just guessing but I would bet that the middle/top should be able to support SPS just fine ;)

13940213100_68cabf87ef.jpg

I would feel comfortable just based on appearance starting SPS around the height of the white line (possibly from a flash/ outside light source) between the rock structures, possibly an inch or so lower even ;)

Nanofreak79

I'll be doing some hardier pieces. At least Since I'm doing WC's as my only way of removing crap from the water.

The white light is a grow bulb for my indoor plants.

you can rent a par meter from reefledlights i think.

The white light is a grow bulb for my indoor plants.

growing medicine? ;)

Nanofreak79

I take enough medicine already. :) my LFS rents out there's for $5 bucks. I usually keep it for a week or two. I also need it for my other two lights. I already have the one, just waiting on the z and p tank.....hopefully tomorrow.

Nanofreak79

Yep. I went back to my roots. I said I wouldn't, but it happened. My 34 has the razor on it now. I'll need to buy another nano unit down the line to properly light the 60 but that'll have to wait. I got a sweet deal on a few lights. My z and p tank is getting new lighting to. I've gone through lots of led lights over the years. I really liked the razors so I went back to them.

Nanofreak79

I had the best growth and overall luck with the razors. I didn't want to drink the NanoBox juice. I had a mini tide and liked it, but wasn't the end all be all for me, anyway.

So, no one liked my low budget video I guess. It's ok, I reload it. I guess one with coral and maybe no rap music? Haters. Lol

I had the best growth and overall luck with the razors. I didn't want to drink the NanoBox juice. I had a mini tide and liked it, but wasn't the end all be all for me, anyway.

I've never really even looked at the NB's. Heck I never even heard of them until recently really. I saw a custom case someone had for one of them and it was pretty cool but thats about all I know lol

So, no one liked my low budget video I guess. It's ok, I reload it. I guess one with coral and maybe no rap music? Haters. Lol

I liked it, better then anything I could do right now. Any videos of my 40 would have cartoons in the background.... or a pissed off 3 yr old cuz I shut his cartoons off LOL

Nanofreak79

Hahahaha....I remember those days like yesterday. There cute little shits though. Mine are getting older real quick and making me feel old at the same time. The only thing I have to worry about is keeping them on the straight and narrow.....or the best I can. Mine are 7,11,12. All boys.

Archived