inTank Media Baskets

Hey's 50 rimless (fts update 9/10)

hey

SP is one of the few zeovit additives that I liked. I could actually see the results of it.

I feel like I don't have as many pineapple sponges or other interesting stuff in this tank as my 22 did which I am looking to fix obviously. Good to hear that you liked it, def going on my next order.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I don't have as many pineapple sponges or other interesting stuff in this tank as my 22 did which I am looking to fix obviously. Good to hear that you liked it, def going on my next order.

Just my thoughts on zeovit products - I wouldn't spend money on the Phol's xtra IMO. Just buy acropower if you want some aminos. I wouldn't spend your $ on coral vitalizer either IMO. I do notice a feeding reaction from my SPS when I feed it at night but I don't really believe it is that significant of a product that I needed to spend all that money on it. That's just me though.

GL with whatever you decide to get.

Just my thoughts on zeovit products - I wouldn't spend money on the Phol's xtra IMO. Just buy acropower if you want some aminos. I wouldn't spend your $ on coral vitalizer either IMO. I do notice a feeding reaction from my SPS when I feed it at night but I don't really believe it is that significant of a product that I needed to spend all that money on it. That's just me though.

GL with whatever you decide to get.

You know what gets a better feeding reaction from my corals than coral vitalizer... freaking hikari mysis. Feed that and everyone has their feeders out within 5 minutes.

You know what gets a better feeding reaction from my corals than coral vitalizer... freaking hikari mysis. Feed that and everyone has their feeders out within 5 minutes.

Exactly.

I do notice a ton of sponges and small feather dusters all over my tank after using sponge power for a year now. I do like it. I'm not sure if I will buy another bottle of it in the future but it does provide the filter feeders with food. I don't believe the "longer growth tips" on the acropora comment on the bottle for one second though.

jedimasterben

Exactly.

I do notice a ton of sponges and small feather dusters all over my tank after using sponge power for a year now. I do like it. I'm not sure if I will buy another bottle of it in the future but it does provide the filter feeders with food. I don't believe the "longer growth tips" on the acropora comment on the bottle for one second though.

KZ puts so much bullshit in their product descriptions it really hurts my head to think about them for too long. Some of KZ's products are good and do what they say, the rest... well, take them with a good helping of salt (water).

Sooo, I may have gotten a super tiny 2 inch rainbow bubble tip for 20$... if I had a macro lens that could focus where it resides I would post a pic, but either way I am stoked.

I love that! The way you have your tank set up really accentuates its depth. That's the one thing I miss with my tank is depth. Jealous!

quick cell phone vid, dirty tank, some stuff not glued down but I figured I would try it out.

https://flic.kr/p/qukahS

sorry had to link it not quite sure how to insert the html code to show video on forum.

Not sure how I missed this- tanks looking great! Look at those clowns out and about- it's killing me?

• 3 weeks later...

quick cell phone vid, dirty tank, some stuff not glued down but I figured I would try it out.

https://flic.kr/p/qukahS

sorry had to link it not quite sure how to insert the html code to show video on forum.

Sorry I missed this when it was posted. Everything looks great but I could not take my eyes off that bluish frogspawn or hammer. Wow. :)

Great looking tank, love the scape!!

How you liking the mame on such a large tank? I have one and thinking about using it on a 40g rimless.

Great looking tank, love the scape!!

How you liking the mame on such a large tank? I have one and thinking about using it on a 40g rimless.

hey sorry been away and busy for a bit, thus neglecting the tank ofc. I think its fine on the tank, I am not a detritus removal freak and dont need all matter stirred into the column constantly, I feel like 1x tank turnover to sump per hour is perfectly (mines about 3x) fine as long as heating isn't an issue. I would love some more opinions on this method as it is definitely a minority in reef keeping but i have seen others using it as well.

On another note, my power was out today, tank temps dropped to 67 (house temp was 60ish) , everything is looking ok for now. Will keep you guys updated but i think the more sensitive stuff (pocillipora, green slimer, and torches are still ok) even the BTA stayed put so I am hopeful for no losses.

Archived