Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hey's 50 rimless (fts update 9/10)

hey

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sex. You're the only person I say that to. Publicly. It's ridiculous how inappropriate your tank makes me.

:slap:

:wub:

:blush: I do what I can,

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I want a frosted back wall.

Always a good excuse to set up another tank. I know I would have more if I had the space, list of things for my new house will be a yard big enough to put a seperate building for an aquarium room detatched from home. Can keep my display and all my aquaculture wants in one mancave.

tanks looking awesome

what bulbs you running?

same setup with the ushio 14k(250w de on a coralife e-ballast) an ati blue+ and ati purple+

awesome getting good growth?

yeh in the past 2 months the new acans that were 3 heads each have each grown 5 new heads still tiny but they grow insanely fast, one of my patches of gsp is spreading pretty rapidly now finally, the other 2 not near as fast leading me to believe I have 3 different varieties as they all look a bit different.

The finger leather has doubled in size since I purchased it, My bleached-ish torch finally split heads and now has 2, the kenya has doubled in size and is also throwing frags all over, one of the red fuzzy shrooms split, gorg is growing and encrusting a lot at its base, and the palau nepthea is getting pretty big although its not having polyp extension in the pic because I stirred up some sand about 30 mins prior.

• 2 weeks later...

Tanks looking great- like everyone says- more pics please?. I am jealous seeing those clowns cruising around in the open- I swear mine could live in a betta bowl. Does the royal gramma bother them or does everyone get along?

Good looking tank. Don't know how missed this one.

glad you found it!

Tanks looking great- like everyone says- more pics please. I am jealous seeing those clowns cruising around in the open- I swear mine could live in a betta bowl. Does the royal gramma bother them or does everyone get along?

They all pick on the chromis, the clowns moreso than the gramma. Interesting thing about the gramma is it hid for a solid month and is now out in the open pretty much 90% of the time hanging with the clowns.

I feel bad for the chromis but won't be adding any others after my aweful prior experience with them, I may add another more fiesty fish to keep the clowns in check though my female can get downright nasty toward the chromis.

glad you found it!

They all pick on the chromis, the clowns moreso than the gramma. Interesting thing about the gramma is it hid for a solid month and is now out in the open pretty much 90% of the time hanging with the clowns.

I feel bad for the chromis but won't be adding any others after my aweful prior experience with them, I may add another more fiesty fish to keep the clowns in check though my female can get downright nasty toward the chromis.

I thought my Blenny addition might roust up my clowns- that worked for about 2 days now their back to their corner. Blenny comes over and chills with them from time to time and sleeps over near them-maybe it's time for a clown trigger?

How bout some new pics :)

My clowns used to cruise my entire 180, hid in the corner of my 70, cruised the 40 now they are in a 8'x3'x1' and hide in the corner :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Your tank is amazing Hey. I'm doing a new build with a MAME overflow. Just wanna double check with you the hose sizes for the in & out. I understand the are different. And how did you attach the hose? The usual boil the hose in hot water method? I just wanne be extra careful not to break the MAME glass.

Time to break out the camera...

New FTS. Yup yup.

new fts!!!!!!

How bout some new pics :)

My clowns used to cruise my entire 180, hid in the corner of my 70, cruised the 40 now they are in a 8'x3'x1' and hide in the corner :wacko:

here ya go lol, now to let crap grow for another 3 months. Acans getting good growth 1 of the 3 gsp patches are growing well, xenia slowly but surely, the finger leather to the right of the gorg has grown a lot.

15800268887_5fc44f7b70_h.jpg

for growth comparison

ftsupdate8-1_zps6b8f94d3.jpg

Your tank is amazing Hey. I'm doing a new build with a MAME overflow. Just wanna double check with you the hose sizes for the in & out. I understand the are different. And how did you attach the hose? The usual boil the hose in hot water method? I just wanne be extra careful not to break the MAME glass.

the glass is pretty durable, once its on the pipe its pretty easy to pull off but when i take the whole thing apart I run it under hot water to take it apart. Boiling hot water would probably deform the vinyl tubing a bit too much and not snap back to shape.

Tank looks beautiful man!

thanks man, trying to focus on growth, letting water get dirty enough for the softies is really a test in how much you feel like scraping the glass lol.

holy crap Hey.. aren't ya glad you decided not to tear this tank down? I know I am..

hah, yeh and note the solo chromis who didn't get battered severely enough to expire shortly after shipment. Happily he isn't being harassed nearly as much by momma clown now either. Trying to put some weight on him, my gramma has grown probably 50% of his original size since I got him. clowns getting fatter, he on the other hand seems to be growing very slowly.

Archived