Coral Vue Hydros

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

Benny, we need to perform an exorcism or something on you.

But in all seriousness: Tell me something, do light bulbs burn out as you walk about your home? I had a guest once and she did that walking about my apartment. Poof poof poof. She had a very powerful aura and was my spiritual guide at the time.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

LOL, that's what I get for having two threads that are almost the same name, posted in the wrong one :)

Got back from Home Depot a little while ago with a new hammer, punch kit, gloves, a 16" long 1/4" drill bit, and some fiberglass rods. Gonna use some of the Emaco mortar I have left to try and make another rock masterpiece, this time I'm gonna smash the hell out of the rock first so I'll have fist-sized pieces to start with, maybe that way I won't make it so damn big.

Mr. Microscope

Wow! That bristletooth! Very nice Ben. I love tiny fish too. It'll be interesting to see how it matures. Does it have the nice blue rim on the fins yet?

jedimasterben

Yes, it's a brilliant blue, too, very happy with it. It's also becoming much less shy, and doesn't always scurry away whenever I walk by.

jedimasterben

The right piece is in! Mortar set and was rock solid already!

IMG_20140420_245251224.jpg

The left piece I'm leaving for another few minutes to see if it will finish the working cure, just need to be able to set it in the water so the live rock on it doesn't die :)

jedimasterben

The other piece made it in somewhere around 1:40AM. Boy was I tired after all that, but still couldn't sleep, last time I remember looking at the clock it was around 2:30.

The tank looks like shit with this much rock in it lol. but just think, I was told before that unless I put about this much rock in the tank, it would fail miserably. wat

IMG_20140420_121727476.jpg

Even my wife says it looks bad with all that rock. When she notices it, it's obvious lol

jedimasterben

#### that noise. Tanks with a lot of rock look like shit. Almost everything except for the rock I put together and a couple of select other pieces will be gone as soon as I can get them out.

jedimasterben

Oh, and dinos are back in the coral QT. There is tons and tons of hair algae that you would think would outcompete them, but nah, the dinos are growing on the hair algae lol.

So I was standing next to my tank a couple of minutes ago, and all of a sudden the drain started making a stupid amount of noise, water falling noise. Oy.

:(:o:huh:

jedimasterben

At least the corals don't seem to mind.... well, except the gorgonian. Pretty sure it's finally a goner.

IMG_6647.jpg

IMG_6651.jpg

IMG_6653.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

Some of the bubbles are from dinos, but I'd venture to say most are from the HOB filter pushing bubbles down, but the snotty strings are dinos.

jedimasterben

Yep, this is post FW dip, but it killed a billion fireworms that I'd imagine sent nutrients skyrocketing, so that's the hair algae. Then, well, dinos. Yeah.

Gonna do another dip as soon as I can get to Home Depot and get a tee fitting for some pipe so I can drain all this saltwater.

Look Benny, I found a tutorial for both of us.

Your cat's tail can tell you about what's going on inside her head. Tails are good indicators of mood. Take a little time to observe your cat's behavior and you will start to get a feel of the tales the tail tells.

catArticlesImages_catsTailTells.jpg

Position: high. When your cat holds her tail high in the air as she moves about her territory, she's expressing confidence and contentment. A tail that sticks straight up signals happiness and a willingness to be friendly. And watch the tip of an erect tail. A little twitch can mean a particularly happy moment.

Position: curved like a question mark. You might consider taking a break from your daily business to play with your cat if you notice a curve in her tail. This tail position often signals a playful mood and a cat that's ready to share some fun with you.

Position: low. Watch out. A tail positioned straight down can signal aggression. A lower tail is a very serious mood. However, be aware that certain breeds, such as Persians, tend to carry their tails low for no particular reason.

Position: tucked away. A tail curved beneath the body signals fear or submission. Something is making your cat nervous.

Position: puffed up. A tail resembling a pipe cleaner reflects a severely agitated and frightened cat trying to look bigger to ward off danger.

Position: whipping tail. A tail that slaps back and forth rapidly indicates both fear and aggression. Consider it a warning to stay away.

Position: swishing tail. A tail that sways slowly from side to side usually means your cat is focused on an object. You might see this tail position right before your cat pounces on a toy or a kibble of cat food thats tumbled outside the food bowl.

Position: wrapped around another cat. A tail wrapped around another cat is like you putting your arm around another person. It conveys friendship.

jedimasterben

My wife's succelents box she put together.

IMG_6676.jpg

Miniature roses

IMG_6683.jpg

My daisies :wub:

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

Get off my back, man!

IMG_6692.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

This is one day without water in full sunlight. Whoops. Hopefully it will continue to bloom as the summer sets in for the next six months or so.

IMG_6716.jpg

jedimasterben

One second won't do - you need to make sure the water touches everything. Macros can handle freshwater dips like it's nothing.

One second won't do - you need to make sure the water touches everything. Macros can handle freshwater dips like it's nothing.

How long should I dip it for? Shake it around in the water for a few seconds?

What about other things, like live rock?

jedimasterben

My first dip was around 15 seconds full exposure, so the rocks got maybe 30 seconds total from rotating them and swirling them to be sure all the crevices and holes had exposure.

Archived