Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What are your long term impressions of the Aqua Sanrise Led ?

After using it a year and a half I say its definitely a good light for the money. It has all the control and power of the large name brand fixtures. I'd say it has better color output than the Razor which was a light I was considering. The color of the corals though would probably be better with a radion style LED color combo, but I'd need 2 fixtures and thats over $1200. 4X what I paid for the AquaPro.

A few members of our reef club have been doing more hybrid fixtures and you can tell their corals have even more amazing color. Frags we've traded can be compared and the ones under radion + T5s have looked the best. Maybe at some point in the future I'd add a single bulb to the front and back of this fixture or a nanobox fixture to fill in those tiny spectrum gaps that the corals really crave.

wow amazing tank. your ideas for re plumbing look intense

Thank you!

Ya its still a long way out as I still need to decide if I want to spend the mula to make it happen. If it ain't broke don't fix it... is still in the back of my mind.

• 1 month later...

Missed the tanks birthday by about a week but its now 4 years old.

5GtvZ.jpg

gneiySI.jpg

Congrat on keeping the tank so beautiful bro! I looked at your tank everytime im inspired for a rescape or placement for new corals. Coral placement will be the hardest part for me after the scape, hoping mine will come out just as nice one day :)

• Like 1

Congrats man, that's quite an achievement. How are the sump plans coming along?

Haven't made any progress on it. I have funds saved up to do it just haven't gotten around to asking my cabinet guy to work on the stand.

my husband stared at me when I squeeed. That is simply magnificent! What is your light mixture?

Squeed? LOL

I imagine you being like my daughter when she saw bubbles for the first time.

Light has Blues, Whites, 2 types of UV, and Cyan. The fixture has red and green but I've covered them as I don't like the shimmer/disco they create.

• Like 1

Squeed? LOL

I imagine you being like my daughter when she saw bubbles for the first time.

Light has Blues, Whites, 2 types of UV, and Cyan. The fixture has red and green but I've covered them as I don't like the shimmer/disco they create.

Not far off the mark. Sort of a strangled squeak of delight.

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Wow, the color in that fts is unreal. Is that without any photoshopping (besides white balance)?

I really like how the left rock is full or corals that are all orange and reds, and then the other rocks have greens. Makes ne think about my future tank.. I like putting contrasting corals near each other, but I wonder what it would be like if each island had its own designated color.. Hmm

Nano sapiens

Missed the tanks birthday by about a week but its now 4 years old.

gneiySI.jpg

Congrats on the 4 year milestone. Tank looks real nice :)

• Like 1

Wow, the color in that fts is unreal. Is that without any photoshopping (besides white balance)?

I really like how the left rock is full or corals that are all orange and reds, and then the other rocks have greens. Makes ne think about my future tank.. I like putting contrasting corals near each other, but I wonder what it would be like if each island had its own designated color.. Hmm

I don't remember everything I adjusted to that photo but it was very little. I can get really close to final images by white balancing the camera and changing the intensity of the LEDs to be about 100% white and 30-40% blue.

I've seen a few tanks that have tried to stay with complementary colors. All yellows/blues/purples. Oranges/Reds. Its just really hard to restrict yourself that much when there are so many cool fish and corals. I've been really strict about having zero soft corals, having to also limit it to only 2-3 colors would be really hard.

Congrats on the 4 year milestone. Tank looks real nice :)

Thanks NanoSapiens. Mathematically I can never catch up to you though. :P

Nano sapiens

Thanks NanoSapiens. Mathematically I can never catch up to you though. :P

True, but you could catch up if mine crashes (never know). There is something to be said for trying :)

So...can you win TOTM twice? hahah. Is that a bicolor angel you have?

If I ever redo my stand I almost could. Because if I do it, I think I'm going to rebuy and construct everything. New tank, stand, plumbing, light fixture, pump, etc. I'd imagine it would be easier to build the new setup slowly at home and once everything is assembled and plumbed/leak tested, haul it to work and swap it. Rather than trying to upgrade my existing tank in a few hours on the weekend. It will still be the same Mr Aqua 12 gallon tank but others upgrades/transition their tanks, and they've won multiple TOTMs after their upgrade is running for awhile.

The angelfish is a Venustus Angelfish. Its fairly uncommon to find for sale. Its a very hard fish to get used to a captive environment and eating prepared foods.

Great job making it to 4 years, very few do and it's something to be very proud of. Tank continues to be amazing.

Thank you! Lets try for another 4

I guess this tank is ok... (holy crap it's awesome)

My wife thinks the tanks just "ok" too, shes hard to please.... :P

love coming back to this thread with an update! So colorful!

The updates are kind of slow I apologize. Not much happens when I can't keep buying corals and fish.

• Like 3

The tank is looking great. I'm impressed you've kept it from getting overgrown in those 4 years.

You've had 5 (or more?) fish in that little system for a while now - did you have any issues with the extra bio load?

The tank is looking great. I'm impressed you've kept it from getting overgrown in those 4 years.

You've had 5 (or more?) fish in that little system for a while now - did you have any issues with the extra bio load?

The only issue so far has been the blenny picks on the helfrichi. But thats more due to the fact that they have a similar body shape and the helfrichi is such a docile fish. Having more fish may be limiting his aggression too as its harder to single out one fish when there are 3-4 others swimming past.

Having more fish has kept the nutrients higher which has benefited the corals coloration in my opinion. Even with 6 fish and heavy feedings Im still not getting algae and the only limiting factor to adding even more fish is just aggression.

• Like 3