Top Shelf Aquatics

Shipment has been stuck at the Indianapolis hub since morning. Just received a call from BlueZoo telling me they are aware that none their shipments went on to their final destinations. Tomorrow morning I will probably be opening a package of deadfish. Well see if they make it or if I'm getting credit back to do it all over again.

Shipment has been stuck at the Indianapolis hub since morning. Just received a call from BlueZoo telling me they are aware that none their shipments went on to their final destinations. Tomorrow morning I will probably be opening a package of deadfish. Well see if they make it or if I'm getting credit back to do it all over again.

That Sucks !! Sorry to hear that ...

That's sad. What kinds of fish had you ordered?

WOW all fish survived in their tiny bags for over 40 hours!

Royal Gramma, Flameback Angel, and Sunburst Anthias all about 1" in size.

They have since acclimated for just over an hour and are in the tank. Will try to get actual pictures of the fish in the next few days when the lights go back on.

BMv381H.jpg

• Like 9
jedimasterben

Bluezoo packages fish very well and should be good for a long trip as long as they don't come infested with brooklynella like my three shipments from them did. <_<

• Like 1

WOW all fish survived in their tiny bags for over 40 hours!

Royal Gramma, Flameback Angel, and Sunburst Anthias all about 1" in size.

They have since acclimated for just over an hour and are in the tank. Will try to get actual pictures of the fish in the next few days when the lights go back on.

BMv381H.jpg

If that angel has the personality of the flameback I had, you're going to enjoy watching him

If that angel has the personality of the flameback I had, you're going to enjoy watching him

Yep the flameback is the only one of the 3 that is already out swimming around checking things out and looking awesome. The others have hid in the rocks or behind corals. I've only seen them pop out for a few seconds to grab a tiny bite of food.

• Like 1

Wait, why new fishes? what happened to your old fishes?

I just want a lot of fishies :P

Everyone that walks past the tank at the office always asks where the fish are. Usually all they see is the clownfish out swimming while the Midas or Helfrichi hides in their holes.

I want more fish that hang out in the water column rather than in the rocks. The Midas and Firefish are already starting be more outgoing lately.

• Like 3

I just want a lot of fishies :P

Everyone that walks past the tank at the office always asks where the fish are. Usually all they see is the clownfish out swimming while the Midas or Helfrichi hides in their holes.

I want more fish that hang out in the water column rather than in the rocks. The Midas and Firefish are already starting be more outgoing lately.

Oh good to know the other ones are still there, how many fishes are there with new ones?

I wanted to add the Neon Dotty back and sixline to see how they'd cope with the clowns and pygmy angel. Although my 2 clowns, pygmy and purple fire fish are always out and about. I know fire fish are suppose to be shy but I can actually touch him and he doesn't seem to be frighten at all.

ohhh sweet fish!!! i want a flame angel so bad!!! are they swimming out and about yet???

btw what happened to the angel from live aquaria?

Oh I don't know if I posted that story. It was so hectic I might have just zoned out for a few hours/days.

My return pump line popped off the pump in the middle of the night maybe a month or two ago. The little plastic connector had come lose and when I did a water change the night before I must have wiggled it too loose when I restored power and turned the valve back open. It was fine when I left but when I returned in the morning coworkers were trying to get a hold of me and were moping the floor. It took as a few hours to clean up the mess and get some blowers going to dry out the drywall and baseboards.

About 5-6 gallons emptied out from the sump until the level dropped below the pump. This caused the display to get no O2 exchange or water flow. A few tips of the corals died off since they were exposed to air for 8+ hours and I lost the pygmy. The clown, midas, and helfrichi all pulled through the night but were breathing heavily. The angel just didn't make it.

All of the equipment still runs fine. Everything got put back together and the corals are all back to normal. It was just a scary and messy morning.

• Like 1

ohhh sweet fish!!! i want a flame angel so bad!!! are they swimming out and about yet???

btw what happened to the angel from live aquaria?

You mean this one? :happy:

22043261872_3f2b22a5ce_z.jpg[

Oh I don't know if I posted that story. It was so hectic I might have just zoned out for a few hours/days.

My return pump line popped off the pump in the middle of the night maybe a month or two ago. The little plastic connector had come lose and when I did a water change the night before I must have wiggled it too loose when I restored power and turned the valve back open. It was fine when I left but when I returned in the morning coworkers were trying to get a hold of me and were moping the floor. It took as a few hours to clean up the mess and get some blowers going to dry out the drywall and baseboards.

About 5-6 gallons emptied out from the sump until the level dropped below the pump. This caused the display to get no O2 exchange or water flow. A few tips of the corals died off since they were exposed to air for 8+ hours and I lost the pygmy. The clown, midas, and helfrichi all pulled through the night but were breathing heavily. The angel just didn't make it.

All of the equipment still runs fine. Everything got put back together and the corals are all back to normal. It was just a scary and messy morning.

ouch no i didnt see that in your post, at least i dont think i did... But that sucks at least it wasnt a complete loss, but im sure a huge mess none the less.

You mean this one? :happy:

22043261872_3f2b22a5ce_z.jpg[

hes purdy!!

• Like 1
Jackal_Knight

That really sucks Scorched, I had a heater explode in mine a few months back lost a lot of live stock. I hate disasters caused by equipment. I'm glad your coral are all fine at least

ouch no i didnt see that in your post, at least i dont think i did... But that sucks at least it wasnt a complete loss, but im sure a huge mess none the less.

That really sucks Scorched, I had a heater explode in mine a few months back lost a lot of live stock. I hate disasters caused by equipment. I'm glad your coral are all fine at least

Ya it was a crappy day but everything is getting back to normal again. I probably posted that story on my local club forum as we recently had a discussion about disasters and thats where I shared my bad news.

DIVER'S DEN TOUR

Aug 8th LiveAquaria's Drivers Den was open to the public to tour their facility. They do it usually twice a year and this was the first time I've gone. Its about a 3-4 hour drive from the Twin Cities to Rhinelander Wi. The Dr Foster and Smith Retail store, and warehouse is honestly in the middle of no where and its unexpected to see such a cool reefing facility like this in the midwest.

The first couple photos are of the tour, the saltwater and RO holding tanks, filtration room (There are at least 8 of them), the coral raceways, WYSIWYG fish, and some of the rarer fish they had for sale. The last photos are of their SPS display tank, and Kevin's own personal tank in his office (which houses probably 10k worth of fish alone). Inside his office tank are a few Bandits, Gem Tangs (yes multiple), 4 Venustus Angels, a Tamarin Wrasse, a Pseudojuloides Edwardi, and a few other very rare fish.

18AVwWv.jpg

The venustus was an angel I really wanted but they were all in Kevins office tanks and currently not for sale. He took my email address and said he could hook me up with one of the little guys when they were for sale and caught. Pictures of my tank will be posted next week.

The fish was finally caught and is on its way Wednesday!! Woohooo!

The flameback is transferring to a new home within our local club.

• Like 3

Was the flameback misbehaving?

Nope, he has been great actually. Swims with the other fish and doesn't eat the corals. I just REALLY wanted the Venustus ever since I saw the little guy in Kevin's Divers Den Office tank over 2 months ago. I asked him if I could buy it when I toured the facility and he said he would. Just that he couldnt do it that day since it was in a display tank.

After over a month I thought it wasnt going to happen so I bought the flameback, then 2 weeks after that he contacted me that it was available if I wanted it. Just wasn't patient enough.

• Like 1