Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

awww sorry to hear about bella and orchid.. :( I'd be surprised if they didn't die from congestive heart failure with how you spoiled them. Caviar, Sashimi, Blood worms, oh my! Ate to their little hearts content..and then some.

• Like 2
:(

I was away from home for 5 days and lost 2 fish. How does that happen only when I am away?! :tears:

but Orchid the Firefish is missing. :(

Then there are strange things that nobody can explain. The top shelf rock with the Subulata/Slimer/Clam etc had moved, a lot, from it's original position. Nobody at home stuck their hand in or touched anything. . :(

Pppffffffff......I'm not surprised u noticed the shifted coral shelf. I put it back as best I could after I NAPPED YO FISH! And I can't nap when you're there so that answers yo first question.

• Like 2

awww sorry to hear about bella and orchid.. :( I'd be surprised if they didn't die from congestive heart failure with how you spoiled them. Caviar, Sashimi, Blood worms, oh my! Ate to their little hearts content..and then some.

So you're saying my fish have cholesterol? Interesting.

That Yuma is just...WOW!

Inorite?!

Pppffffffff......I'm not surprised u noticed the shifted coral shelf. I put it back as best I could after I NAPPED YO FISH! And I can't nap when you're there so that answers yo first question.

WHAAAAAT! YOU FIEND!

:wub: Fat yellow neon goby

Okay - confession. TWO fat yellow neon gobies. One for the pico. The kid refused to bag them till he gave me the Spanish Inquisition about my tanks. This is why I love that LFS, they won't let you buy stuff just because.

Sorry to hear about the losses, I just lost my dogs a few days ago.

:( I'm so sorry, both dogs? what happened?

kat whats your light settings?

As in on/off times or levels of the channels?

Hey KAT! Can I help you plan that upgrade yet? Pllleeeeaaassssseeee!? What about something in the 4' range? I'll help you plan it all out, I've gotten really good at that...you know it would fit your apartment/villa/estate, come onnnn.

• Like 2

Ahhh you're breaking my heart here. Where's your "hole in the wallet" reefer spirit? You proved you could keep a biocube up for ever, we know's it, time to quadruple the size and minimize the heart ache!

What about a congruent build? What else is in your fish room? Ooh ooohhh, what about a nice 48"x30"x16"? No that would hang out from the wall too far for you, 48x18x14? T5/LED hybrid, Evil style.

• Like 3

Aiyayiyai. I am open for an upgrade in equipment and sundries. I'm not open for a bigger tank. Stop it. I won't do it. I could go for a NEW tank, with different dimensions but not bigger. If it was shallower, and longer, I would break apart the rockwork and have 2 islands or something. One of the islands would be just the top shelf that has the subulata. That shelf needs to be an inch or 2 lower but I have a big piece the shelf is mortared to (with acrylic rods) making this just a dream.

Too scared to take a hammer and try to pop off the bottom piece of that shelf.

I also bought 2 sexies for the pico. Another Tuxedo Urchin for the sump (these animals are fabulous!) A blue knuckle hermit crab (couldn't believe they had them!). And I was FINALLY able to get a rock of blue cloves for the pico.

• Like 2

Party pooper...ok ok, I can work with that. 24x24x15, 36x15x14 ,144x8x8 (how 'bout 18 islands?), 76"x12"x10"...

Stop me when I'm getting warm?

• Like 4

Outside of harassing you to upgrade, how are the Tuxedo's? I've all ways wanted an urchin, but paranoia abounds when it comes to my acrylic and I...

If you want a really neat sump critter, ask John for a Starry Eyed Hermit...I loved mine terribly. It's on my must have list when the move is over and the upgrade is complete, it just cruised the sand bed and was assaulted by dwarf cerith. Then again, I'm not familiar with Blue Knuckles, maybe they're also tennis ball sized bundles of love?

Ahem...48"x16"x10". <<<I like that one a lot, actually.

Tarte the Tuxedo has been a lovely housekeeper. The bryopsis is very difficult to see and I credit her with that. I didn't believe she would want to eat it but Tamberav wouldn't rent me her Tuxedo, so I just watched and waited. The tank has considerable less algae, even macros like the invasive caulerpa are in check.

Ill look into the starry eyed hermit, but can't put it in the sump, the Kracken lives in there. Blue knuckles come in all sizes but are large crabs with blue/black banded legs. I had a supersized one that reefs2go sent me, alond with mega jumbo bigger than golf ball turbos. I had to give all those guys away.

• Like 1

I'll have to find the picture of my starry eyes toting around a dozen Cerith back when he was golf ball sized, it was funny. He was in a shell around the size of an orange when he had a rough molt and died on me. Sucked. I might give a tuxedo a try, I can just picture the scratches in the corner from the spines or the trail following its mandibles...

Party pooper...ok ok, I can work with that. 24x24x15, 36x15x14 ,144x8x8 (how 'bout 18 islands?), 76"x12"x10"...

Stop me when I'm getting warm?

60"x36"x24" Is what she should get.
  • Like 2