Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

No, I was referring to the rainbow of awesomeness that is your sump

NP, trying to keep up with the lingo, there is quite a gap, I have filtration systems older than you. :lol: No offence intended. You know a lot considering your age, I assume your working on your marine biology degree? LOL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kfmmartin19
NP, trying to keep up with the lingo, there is quite a gap, I have filtration systems older than you. :lol: No offence intended. You know a lot considering your age, I assume your working on your marine biology degree? LOL.

Dayyum Christine's got spunk. Ima use that one sometime: "I have filtration systems older than u, bitch !"

Yeah, I'm studying more on the art of Bonsai and the biology of moss ATM.

Age is no limit for my knowledge.

Dayyum Christine's got spunk. Ima use that one sometime: "I have filtration systems older than u, bitch !"

On who?

Idk. Seems like it could be used in many different scenarios

That'd be weird, and not many kids to use it on...

In certain cases it would be catchy and work good, but in others I feel like it'd make a kid cry.

This thread is quickly going down hill. I fear if my tank doesn't arrive soon this thread will be moved to lounge :furious:

Okay, back to business...

I made the two 3/4" durso standpipes today that will fit into the overflow area. As you might expect, this needed some modification as well. Not the concept, just the PVC fittings as the "T" and "90°" fitting are just too large to fit in the overflow space I will have. So I cut down the pieces and rejoined them as shown below. The problem was the width of the fitting when joined together, much too wide.

First picture shows how wide the fitting would have been if I did not cut them down:

9241703513_c98b58d857_z.jpg

9244488048_799127a349_z.jpg

I think these durso's will work out quite well and be able to handle the overflow water without a problem. The overflow should be quite :)

A single 3/4" durso can handle around 1200GPH silently.

One snail can stop 1200 GPH silently also :)

This is about redundancy, not load. I have had too many things fail with past tanks, just trying to lessen the possibility a little here.

What is new in perfection land?

Not much, don't know about perfection, nothing I do is perfect,I'm just applying what I have learned in the past on this build and trying a couple of new things out. I will learn from this one also. I wanted to have the tank in hand before making the overflow box but I feel confident enough knowing ADA specs that I might start it this week. I have the acrylic, just need to start cutting. :)

jedimasterben

One snail can stop 1200 GPH silently also :)

This is about redundancy, not load. I have had too many things fail with past tanks, just trying to lessen the possibility a little here.

I was wrong when I said that - I meant a 1" drain. Redundancy is a good thing, too :)

Pico Reactor v1.3

I originally made this pico reactor over a year ago, I have made some updates on it for use in this build.

The first version 1.1 built back in March 2012, made for my pico tank and designed to run GFO. Made in Canada - LOL.

7022155335_94ab0eb0f0_z.jpg
I then updated the reactor, version 1.2 in July 2012. I added a carriage to fit inside the reactor to run bio-pellets in the pico tank.

7662914328_56e024c28d_z.jpg
Now I have updated the reactor, version 1.3, by adding a mounting bracket so it can be fixed to the side of the sump. I also changed the output tube to something a little more stream line and clean.

9253700767_d48ef2349c_z.jpg

9256476122_e14a88ce10_z.jpg
I am not 100% sure what I will run in it, most likely GFO again, just need to add some sponges top and bottom. I may also add some GAC in with the GFO, undecided. This pico reactor has served me well in the last months, I was considering buying a Innovative Marine Mini reactor but even it's foot print is a little on the big size for the sump I have. Testing should start today, in my current pico tank, to check all is working well, I don't expect any problems though. :)

Christine, I like everything about this build; even the gravel in the asphalt pictured above (in the standpipe pictures). :lol:

Everything is beautiful in Canada!

That little reactor is gorgeous. Too bad you can't make the little tube in middle so you can pull it up and down making it an adorable micro zeo reactor hehe.

That little reactor is gorgeous. Too bad you can't make the little tube in middle so you can pull it up and down making it an adorable micro zeo reactor hehe.

I already called first dibs on a nano zeo reactor :)

speechless.. :blink:

:)

Christine, I like everything about this build; even the gravel in the asphalt pictured above (in the standpipe pictures). :lol:

Everything is beautiful in Canada!

Thought of that, LOL. This reactor is a bit too small to hold stones unfortunately :unsure:

I already called first dibs on a nano zeo reactor :)

Your "dib" has been noted :P

Astounded by the craftsmanship littered in this thread. Beautiful tank and overall build.

Thanks Ebn, nice to have you along for the ride. I will be updating periodically until the tank and lighting (delayed) arrive, then things will really get going again. :)

Archived