Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Just bought the HLG-320H and also an HLG-150H for the smaller tank, since I want to keep everything even across both tanks. The little one won't be up immediately (or who knows when) so I'm not ordering the LEDs for it yet (besides the Vero 10 that I already have) and I figure I can also use the HLG-150H for powering projects in the mean time.

So if anyone needs an HLG-120-48A, I've got one of those in addition to the HLG-240H-48A.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would totally take that 120 off your hands but it's a little too close to max draw (117W) of what I'm thinking of doing for comfort.

jedimasterben

Yep, still less than a pair of Radion Pros, which would still give only mediocre light with no T5. I still need to buy the M (I'll have some info coming on those soon - I'll be getting some from bin E5G, which is ~6750mW radiance at 1A!), a couple of LDD, loads of wire, cable sleeve, and a few misc odds and ends.

jedimasterben

Just ordered $42 in sleeve and heatshrink lol.

(just the white)
white-small-02.jpg

Sleeve_SMALL___G_4d4ca6d1ef0fe.jpg

Heatshrink, because I'm doing this shit the right way.
Pre_Cut_Heatshri_4cd7372324a2a.jpg

Pre_Cut_Heatshri_4cd73497cdc02.jpg

Just read trough this. Unfortunately I don't have the time to build my own unit, but I think the led/t5 hybrids are where it's at!

I'm super stoked about my nanobox build. Your light looks like it will be epic.

jedimasterben

Woah, those wires are nice. Link?

http://en.mdpc-x.com/

Just read trough this. Unfortunately I don't have the time to build my own unit, but I think the led/t5 hybrids are where it's at! I'm super stoked about my nanobox build. Your light looks like it will be epic.

Thanks! I just got a couple of pics after the mill from Dave (well, the full re-mill, since he had to rewrite the CNC code to make bigger windows, Jedi style!) and i'm getting antsy!

I also realized I didn't order nearly enough sleeving. Oh boy!

http://en.mdpc-x.com/'>http://en.mdpc-x.com/

Thanks! I just got a couple of pics after the mill from Dave (well, the full re-mill, since he had to rewrite the CNC code to make bigger windows, Jedi style!) and i'm getting antsy!

I also realized I didn't order nearly enough sleeving. Oh boy!

I have a website where I ordered all my mil spec sleeving from. I did my whole wiring harness in this stuff (for my car)

Let me see if I can find a link or remember what it was. Very affordable and they have a ton of options. The mil spec metal connectors the sell are boss.

jedimasterben

I have a website where I ordered all my mil spec sleeving from. I did my whole wiring harness in this stuff (for my car) Let me see if I can find a link or remember what it was. Very affordable and they have a ton of options. The mil spec metal connectors the sell are boss.

I've already ordered, and asked to modify the order with what I need. I figured this is what I needed in total:

Run 1) LEDs to LDD

Wire thickness: 1.6mm (20AWG solid)

Number of wires: 16x

Run length: 3m

Run 2) Fans to SCW

Wire thickness: 1.3mm (24AWG solid)

Number of wires: 6x

Run 3) T5 to ballast

Wire thickness: 2.9mm (18AWG 600v solid)

Number of wires: 7x

Run 4) Bluefish to LDD

Wire thickness: 3mm (audio cable)

Number of wires: 3x

Run length: 1m

Run 5) Bluefish to wall

Wire thickness: 4mm (standard thin 12v adapter)

Number of wires: 1x

Run length total: 2m

Run 6) LDD to PSU

Wire thickness: 1.6mm (20AWG solid)

Number of wires: 8x

Run length total: 1m

Run 7) HLG to wall (also ballast to wall)

Wire thickness: 7mm

Number of wires: 2x

Run length total: 2m

I'm gonna need a shitload of sleeving, but it's gonna look SO badass, especially since half the wires will be white sleeve and half blue. :happydance:

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also getting the wire itself in white and blue jacket so that if it can be seen anywhere through the sleeve it won't be noticeable.

$384 for a heatsink housing?

I'm pretty sure he had Dave do some custom stuff. Between the aluminum, the milling, his custom touches, and paint or powder coat that's about right. Remember this is no "nano" light

jedimasterben

$384 for a heatsink housing?

I'm pretty sure he had Dave do some custom stuff. Between the aluminum, the milling, his custom touches, and paint or powder coat that's about right. Remember this is no "nano" light

One of two. :bling:

$225 & $165, plus $265 for all the changes (to changing the color of the powdercoat, and basically redoing everything since the holes in the bottom were too small). For one 24" heatsink/housing with dual T5, and one 36" heatsink/housing with dual T5.

FINAL FINAL FINAL V8.6 FINAL FINAL

Paint scheme

Nanobox%20paint.png

LED layout

nanobox%20retro.png

And the real deal! IT'S HAPPENINGGGG

MG954340.jpg

MG950349.jpg

off subject but that mk3 is sexy AF

And to be clear not just that is what I'm including. I am also giving him a driver housing, heatsinks, fans, side caps and a couple other little things.

jedimasterben

I hate math. lol

Took me around two hours today to figure out how much MDPC-X sleeve I'm going to be needing. According to Nils, their small sleeve will fit wire 1.8-3mm wide, or will expand to fit 6-7mm wire, but the length of the sleeve will be reduced 40-50%. Their SATA sleeve will fit 5-8mm normally, expanding to 12-13mm with a 40-50% length reduction.

SATA sleeve needed
2x 3m white
2x 3m blue

1x 2m white
1x 2m blue
1x 1m white
1x 1m blue

Small Sleeve needed
2x 1m white
1x 1m blue
1x 2m blue

Now to see if Nils will do one length of the sleeve so I can cut it to fit, or have him sell it in lengths other than 10m for the small sleeve and 5m for the SATA sleeve.

jedimasterben

Ok, I went ahead and ordered two pieces of SATA blue, 5m, two pieces of SATA white, 5m, one piece of blue and white small 10m, and a meter of heatshrink for each color and size. $85 instead of $42 lol, something told me I didn't order enough. Now to order the wire I need, the Luxeon M, some thermal adhesive, and I think that is it! omgomgomg

I've read every evil cluster thread known to man, both here, on R2R, and a few weird ones on RC. You pop up all over the damned internet Jedi.

This ones still my favy.

bdevillier19

And about $55ish in just wire. Ay yi yi.

It seems its all the little things that nickle and dime ya to death. I figuring at least $100 or more in unaccounted for hardware and miscellaneous supplies in my build.

Archived