Top Shelf Aquatics

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...Bluefish review please so I can decide if I'm pre-ordering soon? :D

fingerscrossed I'm curious what comes in the box along with the controller, particularly for hookup? I have 3x 0-10VDC Meanwell ELN drivers on my fixture right now controlled by my DIM4 and a fan relay 0-10VDC as well. I noticed the DIY breakout box, not sure if that means it doens't come with any cabling etc. Also curious how it uses a single 3.5mm jack to control two channels I always thought these were two conductor cables?

jedimasterben

It uses three 3.5mm jacks as the output and includes three 6' cables. Each cable has three conductors, two signal and one ground, so you'd just tie the grounds of the dimming channels on the ELN to to the single ground. The breakout board basically just has a 3.5mm jack and two sets of terminals, one for each dimming channel, so you wouldn't need to cut the end off of a wire and strip it back.

Doh didn't get a notification for your response, thanks for the answer. Totally blanked about the pre-order till just now. Luckily website price was still up and noticed the exact answer you posted on the update item description...needless to say, ordered! Can't wait a whole month :(

jedimasterben

So yesterday I paid for a bunch of 8020 aluminum extrusion and pieces to be able to hang the light. omgomgomg it's getting closer to happening!

Now I just need to hurry up on the Luxeon M I'm waiting on, grab a few more LDD for my :ninja: project with Dave, and I think I might need some more wire, but other than that, MY BODY IS READYYYY

bdevillier19

ben, did i see something a week or two ago about you mentioning that LGB is going to be stocking the Luxeon M or was i just up too late and seeing things?

frankdontsurf

Christ its like waiting for a baby.

At least post a picture of the workbench!

Have you guy decided if its going to be a reef controller or just lights?

I think he meant booty? Not sure.

46 damn pages.....I want some action!

There has been plenty of action. A lot of it hiding at Dave's.
jedimasterben

ben, did i see something a week or two ago about you mentioning that LGB is going to be stocking the Luxeon M or was i just up too late and seeing things?

Yep, bin E5G.

I think he meant booty? Not sure.

46 damn pages.....I want some action!

There's plenty going back to hold you over lol.

Christ its like waiting for a baby.

How do you think I feel? :lol:

At least post a picture of the workbench!

IMG_20140401_232219411.jpg

close enough lol

Have you guy decided if its going to be a reef controller or just lights?

What?

There has been plenty of action. A lot of it hiding at Dave's.

At this point pretty much all of it is :lol:

jedimasterben

They're two flux bins higher than Steve's, maxing out at 5,000mW output at 700mA, 6,750mW at 1A.

They're mounted to an aluminum 20mm star, so not sure how the thermals on them will be, but I believe that they're at least direct thermal path, so they should be fine.

bdevillier19

I know what you mean. I ordered my vero 10 but couldn't find the connectors. Went to molex's website and found them but it sent me right back to Newark to purchase them, 3 days after my vero 10s shipped. Fail. Lol.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I hate that! I bought a bunch of stuff from Reefgardener and she shipped it out yesterday, and then that night she posts to facebook that she was getting more of this awesome blue photosynthetic sponge she sells sometimes, I was like mannnn! At least the corals I got are sexy, and got them for ~1/2 the price as she listed them on her site (ebay FTW).

bdevillier19

Oh man I've been eyeballin some of those insane rock flower nems they have. Been thinking of a 12" cube with all rock flowers. Didn't know they have eBay listings.

jedimasterben

She does them every few weeks. I can't believe all the stuff I got that no one even bid against me at all on.

bdevillier19

Sounds like a win win. Thanks for the link. Any idea on when the lux m will be at lgb?

Oh man, I just checked the eBay store. I'm going to be in so much trouble with the wife. Lol. I'm gonna have lots of splanin to do.

jedimasterben

Milad keeps saying next week, next week, been saying that for several weeks now lol.

Also, she doesn't have any auctions up, that's where the savings are, everything else is the same price as on the site.

Archived