Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe how impossibly tiny the Luxeon Z/UV are!

IMG_20140315_115158319.jpg

And remember that there are FOUR of them mounted to each board!

So where did you get those from?

jedimasterben

I'm using them, and will be using them for my next project, though with some help and some custom 7/8up boards. :ninja:

Steve's LEDs reflowed them for me.

Oh nice! Different tank I assume? 4 LED's per pad like the M's I see. 120 primary optics?

What's the peak on the UV? Or did you choose more than one to run on the same pad?

jedimasterben

No, same tank, just a different project. :)

I'm not sure, I think that the Z are somewhere around that. They are less tham 3.5mm x 3.5mm, though, so I could add secondary optics if I needed to.

This has two - the LHUV-0405nm is 405-410nm peak, the LHUV-0425 is 425-430nm.

Nice, I was thinking something similar, or try and get all 405-430 using 4 separate peaks

First off, I hate this thread, it keeps me up at night reading and contemplating. Second, aside $20 price tag, is there a reason you didn't go with Rapid 400-410 / 410-420 LED? I'm assuming because they're isn't any 430 in there.

jedimasterben

No, they hit a bit of 430nm, but the Luxeons spank the SemiLED chips, nobody knows what bin Rapid uses because they don't post them.

One of these days I need to read on what exactly bins mean. I have an idea but, when I look at a bin number I haven't the foggiest idea how to determine whether its a quality bin or not.

jedimasterben

LEDs are tested and separated into bins, by output, forward voltage, and wavelength/chromacity. Typically at the end of the datasheet it goes over what the binning info is.

For instance, the 'typical' Luxeon Z royal blue is 550mW output at 500mA, being 447.5nm peak, and using 2.9v. You can order bin 4I3, which according to the datasheet, is 2.5-2.75v, 650-750mW output, and 440-445nm peak, which is the best of the best.

See that part makes sense to me. I know Rapid uses lower quality bins, their XT-E royal blue is 450nm-465, whereas LGB's XT-E royal blue is 450nm-455nm, so each led you get from LGB is going to closer in color to the next one. But for example, Steve's Luxeon M RB is bin C5G, how do you look at that bin number and go, okay yeah that's a good bin? Sorry to cramp your thread with a slew of questions.

Omg, it makes so much sense now. I was under the impression that there was just bin numbers for ALL LEDs. I see now, all I need to do is, findout the bin number for whatever LED im looking at, then go to the spec sheet and look up the numbers. I was under the impression you (people in general) could look at just the bin number and go, yep, that's a good bin.

When it comes to car stuff, I get it but, when it comes to some of this tech stuff I want to bash my head into a table. When I was in school for aviation maintenance I understood all the mechanical stuff but when it came to avionics I was at a total loss.

jedimasterben

If anyone is using Meanwell LDD-L drivers, there is an eBay seller selling Meanwell CLG-150-36A drivers and will accept $10 each for them, shipped. The CLG is the predecessor of the HLG, and only lacks a little efficiency, but has the same build quality of the HLG. Get em while you can!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEANWELL-CLG-150-36A-150W-Single-Output-Switching-Power-Supply-/181378333673?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3afdbbe9

Archived