Innovative Marine Aquariums

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Sent this to Dave to get this for the paint on the Nanobox enclosure. He had originally quoted just for white on white, but my wife half-talked me into getting the same color as the paint on the wall put on the fixture.

Nanobox+paint.png

It was a huge debacle trying to figure out what the color on the wall was. I knew it was Behr paint, but since I wasn't home I couldn't look at the can to see what it was. When I got home, it said something like 'Bermuda Blue', which didn't look like it at ALL and I was like WTF. Then my wife said 'you dummy, that's the paint on the front door of our house!' lol. So I kept looking and looking through the Behr website, but nothing really jumped out at us as far as the name, and there are several colors that are very close, so we figured it most likely is 'Tropical Skies'. It looks very different on my main monitor and on my second monitor (going from H-IPS with CFL backlight to TN with LED backlight), so I dunno. It's close, whatever :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So. Are you forgoing the LED reflectors in this iteration? I'm thinking the standard nano-box depth won't have enough room between the heat sink and the splash guard to fit those large reflectors.

jedimasterben

Just ordered the HLG for both tanks. Brings me to like $690 for the big tank and $475 for the little tank... and I've only paid for the housings/heatsinks, LDD and boards, teh Vero 10, and the HLG. :blink:

EDIT: actually it's more like $740 and $525 :bling:

jedimasterben

Uh, I think they're like 4" tall or something like that, at least the moisture-proof ones are (which is all you should use IMHO). Dave has all my T5 stuff, so I can't measure them or I'd give you a concrete number.

No need to. Just wanted an approximate. Came up on some aluminum extrusion for an enclosure and was just wondering if it would work with the t5s but its not going to. Oh well thank anyways

jedimasterben

Well, looks like I've done ####ed up. It didn't cross my mind that the bottom of the Nanobox housings are closed with only a few holes for LED clusters. There are six holes that are 3.75" wide, I have four LED clusters that are a minimum of 4.3" wide. Either I'm going to have to hack the bottom of the housings apart when I get here, or just not use them. There goes all my planning :(

Well, looks like I've done ####ed up. It didn't cross my mind that the bottom of the Nanobox housings are closed with only a few holes for LED clusters. There are six holes that are 3.75" wide, I have four LED clusters that are a minimum of 4.3" wide. Either I'm going to have to hack the bottom of the housings apart when I get here, or just not use them. There goes all my planning :(

Oof! That's a heavy blow. If you only do 2 violets per cluster it should work out. Otherwise, couldn't you send it back to Dave to have the housings modified?

jedimasterben

He still has them, but since the T5 tubes have already been attached, I don't think he can put them back on the mill without removing everything. I dunno. I'm $490 into them already, might as well see what he can do or else I've spent that much for basically nothing.

jedimasterben

I would rather have Dave do it if he can.

I could adjust the clusters, but I'd need to get two more Vero 10, four more Luxeon M, four more XP-E2, and more violet (which is very difficult to keep at even numbers using six clusters). I'd need one more LDD, so long as I'd run three Vero 10 in parallel per 1000mA driver instead of two in parallel (1120 lumens each at 333mA [8.9w each, 53w total] times six, which is 6,720lm, versus 1625lm each at 500mA [13.9w each, 55.6w total], which is 6500lm), so that part does even out almost exactly. For the Luxeon M, running 12x of them I'd only need to top out at 700mA each to get the same output at the same wattage - but then that is a waste to have 1000mA LDD and I'm back where I was earlier, needing order a bunch more LDD.

Oy. I wish I had planned this out better, I really ####ed it up.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I just feel like a giant dick for asking for different things or info here and there, especially for something as big a deal as it is.

jedimasterben

Dave got back to me earlier today and said that he'd see if he could chop the bottom of the unit up some more. Here's hoping! fingerscrossed

Archived