inTank Media Baskets

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Are you expecting this array to have approximately the same color temperature as your original? I see that it is almost the same ratio so I'm assuming that's what you mean. I'm just a little new to these terms lol

If I'm not planning on running T5's would you suggest adding anything else to the clusters?

Should be about the same look.

You'll need cyan, but that's it. 4K white, RB, B, TV, HV, Cy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be about the same look.

You'll need cyan, but that's it. 4K white, RB, B, TV, HV, Cy.

Okay yeah I'm planning on adding 1 DR and 1 Cy to the cluster as well. Should be perfect. Were you able to find optics for the Vero? I think that one of the members used some optics on his mangrove build if I'm not mistaken. I just need to look into that I guess.

jedimasterben

Is there any advantage to using both TV and HV?

TV+HV+superimposed.jpg

I went back over the spectral characteristics of both and realized that the HV doesn't cover down as far as the TV does.

Okay yeah I'm planning on adding 1 DR and 1 Cy to the cluster as well. Should be perfect. Were you able to find optics for the Vero? I think that one of the members used some optics on his mangrove build if I'm not mistaken. I just need to look into that I guess.

Deep red isn't needed if using high-CRI chips, Philips or Bridgelux.

The Vero chips are all different sizes - he is using Vero 18 or Vero 29, I can't remember, the reflectors for those are much too large - the total size of the Vero 10 is around 20mm, the Vero 29 is at least 29mm for the die alone.

TV+HV+superimposed.jpg

I went back over the spectral characteristics of both and realized that the HV doesn't cover down as far as the TV does.

Deep red isn't needed if using high-CRI chips, Philips or Bridgelux.

The Vero chips are all different sizes - he is using Vero 18 or Vero 29, I can't remember, the reflectors for those are much too large - the total size of the Vero 10 is around 20mm, the Vero 29 is at least 29mm for the die alone.

Yeah I just checked it out, it looks like he's using Vero 18's and he said he was going to replace one of the BXRA's with a Vero 29.

You_Wrasse_is_Mine

I used to run half TV and half HV. Then later switched to all HV because the HV I have from Steve's can handle 1000ma rather then the usual 700ma. It was virtually impossible to tell them apart even side by side other then the difference in intensity. I know Steve's are supposed to peak at around 420nm. I haven't compared with an LGB 430nm HV, but is there really any sort of advantage in growth/aesthetics? I would have to say absoluitly not other then the comfort of knowing that there is a slightly broader spectrum there.

If I'm not mistaken, judging by the data sheets, you can run the Vero 10's at 350ma. Do you see a problem with me running 2 Vero 10's off of 1 700ma meanwell ldd. They would be wired in parallel of course.

jedimasterben

I used to run half TV and half HV. Then later switched to all HV because the HV I have from Steve's can handle 1000ma rather then the usual 700ma. It was virtually impossible to tell them apart even side by side other then the difference in intensity. I know Steve's are supposed to peak at around 420nm. I haven't compared with an LGB 430nm HV, but is there really any sort of advantage in growth/aesthetics? I would have to say absoluitly not other then the comfort of knowing that there is a slightly broader spectrum there.

There are some fluorescent proteins that absorb in that almost-UV spectrum, but other than that, it's mostly just because I want to try it again with higher output diodes.

If I'm not mistaken, judging by the data sheets, you can run the Vero 10's at 350ma. Do you see a problem with me running 2 Vero 10's off of 1 700ma meanwell ldd. They would be wired in parallel of course.

The Vero10 are rated up to 700mA, but I'd imagine they can go beyond that if cooled properly.

No, Newark is out of them (or at least was, with no ETA when I ordered). Got them all from Digikey.

I'm assuming the quick disconnects fit any model? That's what it looked like from one of the spec sheets I checked out.

Jedi you mentioned with out the T-5s, you would add cyan. One to each cluster? or one cyan between the 2 clusters?

Would adding a OCW add any useful color to the mix?

jedimasterben

Are you going to use the same optics you intended to use on the BXRA's?

No lenses planned at the moment, but if I do, I'll have to come up with something different since the diodes are far smaller.

Jedi you mentioned with out the T-5s, you would add cyan. One to each cluster? or one cyan between the 2 clusters?

Would adding a OCW add any useful color to the mix?

OCW stars are just blue, cyan, and deep red on one star. Deep red isn't really helpful in lieu of good white diodes, but you can add them if you'd like.

You do not need a lot of cyan - I used six of them over my 80g tank and with them I could flood the entire tank with light, so I wouldn't go over 2-3x per 24"x24" area.

jedimasterben

Depends on the definition of better.

Pros - They're much smaller, a bit more efficient, higher total luminous output (2190lm vs 2081lm) at maximum current (700mA vs 1000mA) and lower power (20.0w vs 22.5w).

Cons - No reflectors available, higher forward voltage (27v vs 22v), not solderable.

As far as looks, the spectral curves are identical for the same color temperature, so they should look identical.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Just bought four 4up LDD boards with a spot for an SCW from the man himself, O2Surplus! Should be here in a little bit. Now to just source some SCW05C-12!

Archived