Pod Your Reef

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

It's okay lol. My primary location is in Downtown Long Beach, CA. I do other commutes to West LA/Hollywood, Orange County and Irvine.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

It's okay lol. My primary location is in Downtown Long Beach, CA. I do other commutes to West LA/Hollywood, Orange County and Irvine.

Yeah looks like one of those high end hotels ahah. Where did you grad from?

Yeah looks like one of those high end hotels ahah. Where did you grad from?

Long Beach City College lol.

Deleted User 4

Long Beach City College lol.

Oh nice, which school is better, cal state long beach or long beach city?

My bro is still in cal poly pomona lol.

Deleted User 4
CSULB. I just went to LBCC because it was a quick course class to get certified.

I see. That's cool man. Maybe you can hook my bro up with that job hahahah jk. :)

I see. That's cool man. Maybe you can hook my bro up with that job hahahah jk. :)

Lol, not a place where everyone can work. HR isn't too concern about the skills you have but rather the personality to fit in.

Sorry for replying so late, hooked on League of Legends right now lol.

supermarvin76

Ha ha well I was going to let it be a surprise, but yes I will be purchasing a razor nano when they hit the shelves.

AH HA!!! I KNEW IT!

I can't wait until everyone purchases a razor nano and puts their AI nano up for sale. Then I can purchase a 2nd one really cheap. ;) LOL LOL I'll give you a buck fifty for your brand new AI nano.

Deleted User 4

Lol, not a place where everyone can work. HR isn't too concern about the skills you have but rather the personality to fit in.

Sorry for replying so late, hooked on League of Legends right now lol.

Lmao. You should meet my bro. I think his personality fits well.

Me on the otherhand.....nope lmao. I'm too serious and am always looking serious.

Hon for the win, man. Lol is noob friendly.

I can't wait until everyone purchases a razor nano and puts their AI nano up for sale. Then I can purchase a 2nd one really cheap. ;) LOL LOL I'll give you a buck fifty for your brand new AI nano.

Like anyone is going to sell that cheap. The closest you'll get is $200 for one. :)

Little update for you guys, came home today to two nice little packages waiting for me :) Brs came through with my red sea nitrate pro test kit, and my brs gfo. Aquacave got me my IM minimax reactor. First off i have to say that the minimax is super legit, build quality is outstanding and you can definitely tell it was well thought out. The red sea nitrate test has to be the best kit I've used, each color is very distinguishable from the previous, it also uses a "control" to allow you to compare the color to what it should be. The bad news is after running the test with my tank it is showing 34ppm of nitrate :o I did the test twice to see if i made a mistake, nope its not me. I even checked it against my api one and its consistent. Only thing i can think of is when i added the new rocks i stirred up everything in the tank, must have been some trapped organics or something, I'm going to do a 3g water change and get the reactor going. Here are some pictures.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3337_zps748f59bc.jpg.html'>IMG_3337_zps748f59bc.jpg

Here are some shots of the brs gfo, and the rox carbon.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3334_zps5ecaac9b.jpg.html'>IMG_3334_zps5ecaac9b.jpg

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3335_zpse209100d.jpg.html'>IMG_3335_zpse209100d.jpg

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3338_zpsb1ecb8ec.jpg.html'>IMG_3338_zpsb1ecb8ec.jpg

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3346_zpse9cde78e.jpg.html'>IMG_3346_zpse9cde78e.jpg

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3343_zps40e968c6.jpg.html'>IMG_3343_zps40e968c6.jpg

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3344_zps2c6eccb6.jpg.html'>IMG_3344_zps2c6eccb6.jpg

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3345_zps863646b4.jpg.html'>IMG_3345_zps863646b4.jpg

This has to be the smallest pump i have ever seen haha, my hand for comparison.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/tristanschlueter89/media/IMG_3342_zpse56135c5.jpg.html'>IMG_3342_zpse56135c5.jpg

Stay tuned for my full review of the minimax in action!!

Alright everything is hooked up and running flawlessly.

Heres a little review for those of you that are interested. As i stated previously, right off the bat you will notice how well built and thought out these reactors are. The acrylic used is very thick and gives it a nice weight, the bracket that holds the reactor at a certain depth looks to be 1/2", its not going to snap on you. Its size, at only 2.3" at its widest point, this little beast will fit practically anywhere. In my case i have it in the inlet chamber next to two 50w Jäger heaters. Total height is 15.75" but it can run effectively in as little as 6" of water (per Innovative Marine), this is perfect for shallow tank owners such as myself. Another really cool feature of this reactor is how easy changing media is, just pull the cartridge straight out of the housing (wait 5sec for water to drain), twist off the lid and replace. Flow control is extremely easy, by twisting the cartridge left or right you can finely adjust how much flow is passing through your media.

All in all i feel this is an excellent product, and a complete game changer when it comes to true nano reactors. Was it worth the $90 price tag? Hell yes. I will update everyone in the coming months on how it impacts my water quality. Cheers!

I am starting out with 1tbsp carbon, 3tbsp gfo as recommended by the BRS reef calculator.

IMG_3347_zpsd41f940b.jpg

IMG_3348_zpsda995458.jpg

IMG_3349_zps9d74518a.jpg

Alright everything is hooked up and running flawlessly.

Heres a little review for those of you that are interested. As i stated previously, right off the bat you will notice how well built and thought out these reactors are. The acrylic used is very thick and gives it a nice weight, the bracket that holds the reactor at a certain depth looks to be 1/2", its not going to snap on you. Its size, at only 2.3" at its widest point, this little beast will fit practically anywhere. In my case i have it in the inlet chamber next to two 50w Jäger heaters. Total height is 15.75" but it can run effectively in as little as 6" of water (per Innovative Marine), this is perfect for shallow tank owners such as myself. Another really cool feature of this reactor is how easy changing media is, just pull the cartridge straight out of the housing (wait 5sec for water to drain), twist off the lid and replace. Flow control is extremely easy, by twisting the cartridge left or right you can finely adjust how much flow is passing through your media.

All in all i feel this is an excellent product, and a complete game changer when it comes to true nano reactors. Was it worth the $90 price tag? Hell yes. I will update everyone in the coming months on how it impacts my water quality. Cheers!

I am starting out with 1tbsp carbon, 3tbsp gfo as recommended by the BRS reef calculator.

IMG_3347_zpsd41f940b.jpg

IMG_3348_zpsda995458.jpgIMG_3349_zps9d74518a.jpg

Is this their desktop size?

Yes it is

Cool deal man, thanks for the reviews + pictures. Looks like I'll be ordering the minimax in the nearby future.

Cool deal man, thanks for the reviews + pictures. Looks like I'll be ordering the minimax in the nearby future.

No problem! I figured all of my picO pals (sounds funny) would appreciate a review.

Nice review! I'm going to start out with bags and if they don't work I'm upgrading to this reactor!

Hey if they work no need to complicate things right? Are you going to run carbon/gfo?

Thought I'd start with purigen and phosban once I get through the cycle. Ordered a couple of 190 micron bags to load it up.

Thought I'd start with purigen and phosban once I get through the cycle. Ordered a couple of 190 micron bags to load it up.

Sounds like a plan, Im running purigen as well. Where did you get the bags? I looked for a while but couldn't find small ones.

Like anyone is going to sell that cheap. The closest you'll get is $200 for one. :)

Well if the forum is flooded by people trying to sell and nobody wants one... Simply supply & demand.

Deleted User 4

Well if the forum is flooded by people trying to sell and nobody wants one... Simply supply & demand.

It's too bad some people can sell it earlier (for instance, me), but yes you've got a point.

:)

Hmm Tris, are those two heaters you have next to the reactor?

Sounds like a plan, Im running purigen as well. Where did you get the bags? I looked for a while but couldn't find small ones.

Bought the seachem "the bag" ones...they are kind of big at 10" x 5" but they should still work. I was more concerned with getting the 190 micron mesh. We'll see :)

Archived