Top Shelf Aquatics

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im going to set up a small tank with heat and flow for the rock to "cycle" for a while before it goes into my tank.

Deleted User 4

Some people use this kind of acid...I forget what it's called. Much more efficient than rinsing, it's what I heard from other forums. I think it was called sulfuric acid...lol.

Deleted User 4

Muriatic acid, i forgot about that... In fact i might do that instead. Thanks for reminding me!

Yeah that was it!! Lmao, I saw some guys used that acid...picture looked insane ahah. Be careful though. Isn't the acid bad for the skin exposure? Or something? lol.

Yeah that was it!! Lmao, I saw some guys used that acid...picture looked insane ahah. Be careful though. Isn't the acid bad for the skin exposure? Or something? lol.

I helped my buddy wash his rocks with the stuff before he set up his 40b. You just have to make sure and wear proper protection, like big ass gloves lol. You don't want that stuff on your skin.

Deleted User 4

I helped my buddy wash his rocks with the stuff before he set up his 40b. You just have to make sure and wear proper protection, like big ass gloves lol. You don't want that stuff on your skin.

Yeah I thought so...damn. It does a good job though. :)

Make sure you're outdoors. Muratic acid vapors are harmful to your respiratory tract and could also irritate your eyes. The vapors can travel a little and corrode nearby metals also. I'm not sure of the concentration you should use for dry rock but remember to add acid to water not the other way around. We use the stuff pretty regularly in our concrete lab.

Not much of an update, as I may have mentioned before I'm really not happy with my rock work.. I tried adding a small piece to try and help but it isnt doing it for me. Well im going to fix this once and for all, I placed an order for 25# of marco "nano" rocks. The plan is to remove most of the left side and replace it with new, i will be "making" some type of cool structure with the rock and some putty. Im hoping that since i am only removing a small amount it wont upset the tank too much. Anyways, thats all i have for right now.

Good on ya' It's gonna look great.

Just a FYI, I used BRS "eco" rocks and did not rinse them, or anything. I just tested phosphate and it's at 0.03. :D I can't speak for Marco Rocks, but I think a lot of people worry about nothing.. Just sayin'

I was going to do a 50:50 Vinegar:RO/DI soak, but decided against it, and looks like no harm done.

Good luck with everything Tristan,

Oh and I received my order(s) for the Hanna checker for Phosphorus and also the Fauna Marin Ultra Phos, but I have nothing to report on the Phosphate remover, as of right now I don't need it :lol:

Deleted User 4

Good on ya' It's gonna look great.

Just a FYI, I used BRS "eco" rocks and did not rinse them, or anything. I just tested phosphate and it's at 0.03. :D I can't speak for Marco Rocks, but I think a lot of people worry about nothing.. Just sayin'

I was going to do a 50:50 Vinegar:RO/DI soak, but decided against it, and looks like no harm done.

Good luck with everything Tristan,

Oh and I received my order(s) for the Hanna checker for Phosphorus and also the Fauna Marin Ultra Phos, but I have nothing to report on the Phosphate remover, as of right now I don't need it :lol:

Yeah, I bought mine from Brs as well. Eco dry saver rocks.

Did a couple tap water rinses... seem like it'll be fine for the most part.

Thanks man, I forgot what the ratio I used last time was.

And don't forget goggle time.

Alright, I wanna know what you guys think. Should i run a reactor w/carbon & gfo, or should i run a skimmer with carbon in a media bag. The tanks bioload is low but i will be adding one more inhabitant so it may go up a hair. Skimmer would be a tunze 9002, reactor would be an IM minimax.

Alright, I wanna know what you guys think. Should i run a reactor w/carbon & gfo, or should i run a skimmer with carbon in a media bag. The tanks bioload is low but i will be adding one more inhabitant so it may go up a hair. Skimmer would be a tunze 9002, reactor would be an IM minimax.

I never liked my Tunze 9002, so I say skip a skimmer if that's what you are considering.

I never liked my Tunze 9002, so I say skip a skimmer if that's what you are considering.

Well i don't have much room to work with, a 9002 or the aquatic life nano one is all i could fit. Im thinking maybe the reactor will be a better choice. Thanks for the reply.

Deleted User 4

I have no clue. I can't stop staring at the drunk clown fish though. :lol::lol:

My picasso clownfish use to do the same thing until I sold it for cheap. He's in hands of a better owner with a bigger tank.

Haha yeah my clown is funny, he likes to stay against the corner of the tank. When snails get into his corner he gets pissed and rubs all over them lol. To answer your question that is my euro plate for my car, I had it one the front but took it off after I got a "fix it ticket".

It's on the wall behind the tank.

Archived