ReefCleaners.org

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

Deleted User 4

I have a feeling the for sale section is gonna be flooded with AI Nano's May 1st. :) Tank is looking great! New scape is awesome.

That's why I'm doing it before May 1st!! Muahhahahah

:)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling the for sale section is gonna be flooded with AI Nano's May 1st. :)Tank is looking great! New scape is awesome.

Ssssshhhhhhh

Is it me or do corals look like crap under whites? lmao.

Yeah they do haha, no florescence.

Nice tank! Personally I'm waiting for the AI director.

Thank you! Just wait to see what I have in store for this tank (coral wise). The ai director looks pretty badass I'm not gunna lie.

How's the tank.

Have you tested for Phosphates lately? Just curious about the rock.

Tanks doing good thanks for asking. I have to say I am so happy with the rockwork now, in person (without a crappy camera) it looks so amazing, it has so many nice shapes and crevices. I did a few tests last night, nitrate 0-5ppm, po4 0.00 (it's not the phosphorous one) ammonia/nitrite 0. So far the rock hasn't messed with the chemistry.

Tanks doing good thanks for asking. I have to say I am so happy with the rockwork now, in person (without a crappy camera) it looks so amazing, it has so many nice shapes and crevices. I did a few tests last night, nitrate 0-5ppm, po4 0.00 (it's not the phosphorous one) ammonia/nitrite 0. So far the rock hasn't messed with the chemistry.

The rockwork truly looks amazing. I didn't think it could get better, but there ya go, making it look better! You sly dog you.

Good news about the Phosphate. I think a lot of that is just from fear mongers attached to their live rocks. :lol:

Daaaaammn. That is some clear-ass water right there.

The rockwork truly looks amazing. I didn't think it could get better, but there ya go, making it look better! You sly dog you.

Good news about the Phosphate. I think a lot of that is just from fear mongers attached to their live rocks. :lol:

Thanks man :D , hopefully in about 2 months or so you wont be able to tell where the new rock starts and the old rock ends.

I dont want to jinx it yet, but i think you may be right (or not all dry rock is created equal).

Thanks man :D , hopefully in about 2 months or so you wont be able to tell where the new rock starts and the old rock ends.

I dont want to jinx it yet, but i think you may be right (or not all dry rock is created equal).

I've heard mostly horror stories about the BRS Pukani. :o But who knows, therte's always so many factors for issues, is it really the rock's fault? :P

I really have been trying to find a nice small golfball sized piece of encrusted live rock to add to my tank - just to add some diversity and seed my main scape with some coraline. Oh sweet purple stuff... But the LFS's in my area don't have a nice selection. I still have one more to visit, that I haven't been to in a while, but i'm not having much luck as of late...

2 months huh? That seems quick! My rock is still like new. :(

I've heard mostly horror stories about the BRS Pukani. :o But who knows, therte's always so many factors for issues, is it really the rock's fault? :P

I really have been trying to find a nice small golfball sized piece of encrusted live rock to add to my tank - just to add some diversity and seed my main scape with some coraline. Oh sweet purple stuff... But the LFS's in my area don't have a nice selection. I still have one more to visit, that I haven't been to in a while, but i'm not having much luck as of late...

2 months huh? That seems quick! My rock is still like new. :(

From what i understand the pukani is known to leech po4 into the surrounding water (why i didn't even think about using it), the only way to fix this is the muriatic acid wash. When i set up the first iteration of this tank (mr. aqua 7.5g), i used all dry rock except a nice piece of lr from my lfs display tank. I think this is why my rock colored up so nicely so quickly, i also have purple, pink, and green coraline algaes growing in certain spots. For my sand i seeded it from a buddy's tank and i now have tons of life in it as well.

From what i understand the pukani is known to leech po4 into the surrounding water (why i didn't even think about using it), the only way to fix this is the muriatic acid wash. When i set up the first iteration of this tank (mr. aqua 7.5g), i used all dry rock except a nice piece of lr from my lfs display tank. I think this is why my rock colored up so nicely so quickly, i also have purple, pink, and green coraline algaes growing in certain spots. For my sand i seeded it from a buddy's tank and i now have tons of life in it as well.

Well it looks great. Trouble is my LFS' suck balls. I don't even have a good source for Liverock online within Canada, otherwise I would just do a small order there. I figure as well, a smaller piece, there is a bit less chance for nasties (which i'm uber paranoid about!) :P

The search continues...

Id say keep looking for a small piece of lr, stick it in the back somewhere and then in a couple months take it out. That will increase the biodiversity in the tank and you wont have to ruin that beautiful rockwork to do it. :)

Well it looks great. Trouble is my LFS' suck balls. I don't even have a good source for Liverock online within Canada, otherwise I would just do a small order there. I figure as well, a smaller piece, there is a bit less chance for nasties (which i'm uber paranoid about!) :P

The search continues...

The only thing i have gotten so far is a small population of bristle worms, on the upside i have a nice population of pods. I can see where you are coming from though, i would hate to go through all this work to have a pest ruin it. Best advice is to just examine the rock closely before adding it to the tank, you could even qt it if you wanted to haha.

The hell with that. I just went with all LR.

ha ha, I hate the LR in my area. I would have gone with gulfliverock but its pricey, and alot of macros on it (not what i was looking for).

ha ha, I hate the LR in my area. I would have gone with gulfliverock but its pricey, and alot of macros on it (not what i was looking for).

I went with this "man made" LR for the first time, fully cured. Lets see how this turns out.

I went with this "man made" LR for the first time, fully cured. Lets see how this turns out.

Rockscape looks killer, i think you done well ;)

Rockscape looks killer, i think you done well ;)

Thanks for the compliment. Lets see how it sits at the end results. Been looking around for corals and what not at LFS. Any recommended site you may suggest? Never made a purchase online before with livestock.

Thanks for the compliment. Lets see how it sits at the end results. Been looking around for corals and what not at LFS. Any recommended site you may suggest? Never made a purchase online before with livestock.

For online these are a few of the places I like,

Cultivatedreef.com

aquascapers.com

reefgardener.net

liveaquaria.com (divers den wysiwyg)

Archived