Innovative Marine Aquariums

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

I would be so stoked if I had a real time graph of my tanks params, I think nanotopia has one as well. I'm pretty lucky with the zoas, the girl that works at my lfs is a zoa freak so she always has really nice ones on hand. They even have a bowser paly lol (one sold for like $400 pp on eBay).

Thats one of my things I am working on right now, hosting the site isnt enough I want them to display constantly on my tablet without having to open apex's wonky android app that isn't where it should be as far as professional app for a product.

I am not into the designer zoa thing that much at the moment maybe once I get things tech wise where I want I can focus more on the collector side of things.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey have you been to disc trop lately? They have plenty of scolys in stock. Quite the beauties.

Yeah was there yesterday, not looking to spend 150+ on a single coral right now. Only reason I have my scoly is because I got it dirt cheap.

Deleted User 4

Yeah was there yesterday, not looking to spend 150+ on a single coral right now. Only reason I have my scoly is because I got it dirt cheap.

You should've offer a price like "$80 for this one?" lmao.

I'm sure there's another for $80 that's just as colorful, I'll ask next time. They should get some babies in,...

Thats one of my things I am working on right now, hosting the site isnt enough I want them to display constantly on my tablet without having to open apex's wonky android app that isn't where it should be as far as professional app for a product.

I am not into the designer zoa thing that much at the moment maybe once I get things tech wise where I want I can focus more on the collector side of things.

Should be pretty awesome once you get everything figured out, make me feel like my tank is low tech hearing about all of your plans haha.

I buy zoas that catch my eye or have really vibrant colors, coincidentally, they are always the expensive "designer" ones.

You should've offer a price like "$80 for this one?" lmao.

I'm sure there's another for $80 that's just as colorful, I'll ask next time. They should get some babies in,...

Why dont you start a scoly tank instead of the xenia thing.

Deleted User 4

No money man....:(

I would like to someday though...just buy 1" scolys and grow them out. $50-80 each.

Also...I think my ada's water is not mature enough....

Starting to think I should of started out with live rocks...but these dry rocks have amazing looking textures and style...lol

Deleted User 4

I just downloaded Adobe LightRoom, I shuold be able to pull off some pretty good editing.

That is something ive been thinking about getting, well that and a camera haha.

That is something ive been thinking about getting, well that and a camera haha.

Get a camera first. A friend of mine works at Samy's Camera in LA, if you're interested just let me know.

Get a camera first. A friend of mine works at Samy's Camera in LA, if you're interested just let me know.

Oh nice, I've been looking into the cannon t3i as of late, seems like a really nice camera. Im hoping to buy used so it wont cost me an arm and a leg, so if your friend has something like what I'm looking for I would be very interested.

Deleted User 4

I'll keep you in mind also.

Tristan, any particular reason why you're going the Canon route? My buddy is also a Canon guy so you if you're really going for a Canon, you guys will get along pretty well. :lol:

Tristan, any particular reason why you're going the Canon route? My buddy is also a Canon guy so you if you're really going for a Canon, you guys will get along pretty well. :lol:

Haha, well my gf has a t2i and I really like it. I'm thinking canon because I already have an idea on how it performs.

Haha, well my gf has a t2i and I really like it. I'm thinking canon because I already have an idea on how it performs.

Don't get me wrong, Canon has great cameras, especially their line of lenses! I started out with a Rebel XTi, then I went with a D300 to my current D90.

But if you already have an experience with Canon then by all means go for it!

Well guys its official, I pre-ordered my Razor Nano from MarineDepot today. Apparently the nano does not come with a hanging kit like its big brother so I talked to chris@coralvue and he is going to get one to me ($20). For any of you that may be interested I will be selling my Ai Nano to recoup some of the cost, I will be selling the Nano (with box and everything that came with light) as well as the new controller for $250 shipped.

So basically the Razor nano has 13 LEDs in 1 cluster compared to the AI nano only having 12 LEDs in 2 clusters? Also the different in spectrum is that the Razor also contains warm whites and super actinics? But you loose the ability to control each color separately because the Razor nano only has 2 channels? What kind of optics does it have?

Archived