SaltCritters.com

>Tristan's PicO< (New pics of tank)

TristanC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dhartmann

Good news is that I fed my hammer and Duncan tonight...both are doing great!!! Tank's too blue otherwise I'd send a pix.

Good news is that I fed my hammer and Duncan tonight...both are doing great!!! Tank's too blue otherwise I'd send a pix.

Nice man, that reminds me I need to feed some corals tomorrow lol. I don't know how some of these people get such nice shots under LEDs, it's so hard.

Deleted User 4

Nice man, that reminds me I need to feed some corals tomorrow lol. I don't know how some of these people get such nice shots under LEDs, it's so hard.

Turn off the filter/pump. It makes a huge difference.

Turn off the filter/pump. It makes a huge difference.

I know that's what your supposed to do but I take pictures spur of the moment, it's never planned lol.
Deleted User 4

I know that's what your supposed to do but I take pictures spur of the moment, it's never planned lol.

Lol....it's going to be hard then. I've never caught a decent picture with the pump on....

357kpe9.gif

Hahahaha!

Tank looks sick! I love the look and light of the Razor, just ordered one myself.

Thanks man, I'm sure you will love it. What size tank is it going over?

Nice! What setting are you running your mp10 at?

Thanks man, I run 50% reef crest, and night mode kicks on at 9:15p.m

You should post your scoly pics over to the coral forum "show off your scolymias". :)

Lol, maybe I will, maybe I won't. B)

dhartmann
Thanks man, I run 50% reef crest, and night mode kicks on at 9:15p.m

Does the MP10 night mode kick on by itself each night after you set it once? Thanks!

Does the MP10 night mode kick on by itself each night after you set it once? Thanks!

Yeah after you set it, it will go into night mode every night at the same time until its unplugged. It stays in night mode for 10 hours, so for me 9:15p.m-7:15a.m it is low flow.

dhartmann
Yeah after you set it, it will go into night mode every night at the same time until its unplugged. It stays in night mode for 10 hours, so for me 9:15p.m-7:15a.m it is low flow.

Thanks!

Honestly I loved the Ai, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I made the switch to because I got the "new toy itch" but I I'm happy with the new one. Spread wise, the Ai could cover more area for sure. The razor is mounted ~7" high and the edges of the tank are slightly dimmer than with the Ai. So to answer your question, I would go with a full size razor for a longer tank.

Thank you for your objectivity. Way back when I ordered my AI nano I was concerned that I would have dark spots on my sides but suprising I don't at all and I'm mounted around 7" too. It's amazing what light costs for such small tanks. Imagine if you were lighting a 300g.

Obsessed Reefer

Nice, that's going to be one hell of an 8g haha.

Haha, yea it is! I saw the Razors in person at my LFS, they use them for all of their display and frag tanks, and I fell in love with the design of it.

Thank you for your objectivity. Way back when I ordered my AI nano I was concerned that I would have dark spots on my sides but suprising I don't at all and I'm mounted around 7" too. It's amazing what light costs for such small tanks. Imagine if you were lighting a 300g.

Even when I flirted with the idea of setting up a 40g tank the cost of lighting kept me in the "nano" world lol. I raised my razor to 9" above water level to help out with spread and it's alot better.

I think the Ai has a combination of optics allowing for better spread, whereas the razor is using only 90*.

Yeah the design of the razor is very...

Is very classy.

Yes, yes it is. It's got a more "industrial" look to it, I didn't mind the look of the Ai though.

Haha, yea it is! I saw the Razors in person at my LFS, they use them for all of their display and frag tanks, and I fell in love with the design of it.

It was kind of a leap of faith for me, I had never seen a razor in person until I took delivery if my nano lol.

Archived