inTank Media Baskets

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

I know Eheim are fairly well regarded still though. You probably just got a dud.

Sorry if I missed it, but are you "seeding" your tank with anything?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Eheim are fairly well regarded still though. You probably just got a dud.

Sorry if I missed it, but are you "seeding" your tank with anything?

Your probably right just a dud....jagers are one of those things that work from the get go for year on end..or they are ####ed from the start lol

10lbs of rock from my current tank, skimmate, microbac7, 3 live phyto cultures, rotifer culture and a couple pod cultures, refugium mud, and a basketball size cheato in the tumbler.

Im curious how hard its going to cycle since I didn't dip the rocks in muric acid so there was still dead on them. That and I don't beleive in soft cycling an empty tank lol so this thing will get fed phyto and rotifers every day and will cycle until nitrates reach 0 without waterchanges. Im really big on building a heavy denitrification bacteria load because of the shear ammount of food I feed. We shall see.

But first I need to solve my damn microbubble problem lol

Mr. Microscope

Holy cow! What a find!!! That thing is magnificent. Good luck. I hope it settles in well. Look out for baddies. ;)

Holy cow! What a find!!! That thing is magnificent. Good luck. I hope it settles in well. Look out for baddies. ;)

20 minute fresh water iodine dip then into qt. Should be fine :)

Love the scape!

Thank ya ;)

Water is finally almost clear after throwing in 500ml of carbon and a reactor

VICTORY!

Time for some serious reefing.

Lol....almost...... waiting on light, cycle and goota buy a skimmer once it's cycled

All NTM is short pulse for about 20 minutes, then switches to constant mode for like 10 minutes.

Thanks Benny. If I did this manually, I would have to repeat the cycle for as long as I wanted the nasties churned up?

jedimasterben
Thanks Benny. If I did this manually, I would have to repeat the cycle for as long as I wanted the nasties churned up?

Right.

omgomgomg

Totally sick, can't wait to see it with your lights and etc.

I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed with your build! ;)

omgomgomg

Totally sick, can't wait to see it with your lights and etc.

I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed with your build! ;)

Yeaaaa the lights are gonna be killer. Thanks Flcandy :) I try not to breed disappointment

You never dissapiont! ;)

Man I can't wait to see you stock this tank.

Me either haha....this waiting game is killer lol maybe ill be cycled when the fixture is here lol. Then I get to worry about transferring tanks lol.

I think im gonna get fish and inverts first...

Before you know it, it will be full of colorful sticks of joy,aka corals. ;)

Lol ive used that line a time or two. Im gonna try to semi "instant" reef the tank with several larger colonies after the fish/inverts :)l

I should have gotten several larger colonies and a few frags, now I am kicking myself looking at this colony I snagged and the frags size difference. 4-5 colonies would have been perfect but instead I have 15-20 frags. Oh well I love them all

I can't wait, the transfer sucked for me but your doing what I wanted to to but couldn't. Must have a Pic step by step of everything k.

So I tested my water this morning. For every one that has started a tank from dry rock, how long was your cycle?

I started cycling last Wednesday. My ammonia went up to 2ppm. Today 5 days later. .

0ppm ammonia

0.5 ppm nitrites

4ppm nitrates

I had

37lbs dry rock

9lb fully established rock from my tank

12lb fiji gold mud

30lb aragalive sand

55lb dry sand

Ive been dosing the tank daily

Quart of heavily established rotifer culture

25ml microbac7

1/2 cup of each 3 phytoplankton cultures(1 brown 2 green)

Added 5 pod cultures

Added basketball size cheato clump (3 strains)

I haven't added a cuc or skimmer yet. Should I wait it out? Ugh

Archived