Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

If anybody can get away with dumping skimate into yer tank.......you can. :)

Or get Ben to come over befor he takes a shower.

Lol. Man the anticipation is killing me......must...turn...on...pumps....so...close....####ing 3 gph bullshit its been 3 days!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

If anybody can get away with dumping skimate into yer tank.......you can. :)

Or get Ben to come over befor he takes a shower.

Hey now! :lol:

That's a bit of a problem.

How so? Lol its at 3.5:1 rejection ratio? About 360gallons waste 106 gallons rodi...sound right to me? Lol

Or do you meana problem cause my water bill will be huge lol

If you add the150gpd brs kit you would waste half as much. And the water bill too lol

Lol up until I had this tank I was using maybe 15gallons a week between topoff and drinking...lol looks like its time to upgrade. Is it possible to upgrade the 75gpd 6 stage brs to 150gpd?

Smokin' jesus titty cinnamon, that thing is a monnnnsterrrrrr! This gon' be sweeeeeeeeet!

Did you ever play borderlands 2?

Man, 3 mp10s! Why not just buy one mp40?

jedimasterben

Absolutely :) I played through all but the Hammerlock DLC so far, I just haven't had the time it seems.

Three MP10s are better than an MP40, both in flow and flow control.

Add a booster pump, you'll need one. It's not as simple as just piggybacking a membrane.

But it says 65psi...and I have 65psi lol

Lol well I already had the mp10s....and 3 mp10s vs one mp40...mp10s win :P

jedimasterben

But it says 65psi...and I have 65psi lol

I don't think BRS really knows what they're doing. I trust AZ much more than them, and he doesn't think they know what they're doing.

EDIT: basically, the rejection rate of the second membrane will suck big ones if you don't have a very high pressure going through the system.

I don't think BRS really knows what they're doing. I trust AZ much more than them, and he doesn't think they know what they're doing.

Lol all fine and dandy...but im not buying another rodi lol...

Mag 9.5 pushes some serious water lol have yet to get to a water height in the sump that doesn't get to the point where the pump runs dry lol....I got 5 inches of sump left to fill...crossing my fingers I find a stable point before then lol

Nevermind.....shes circulating haha...wow so much flow lol I have the gate all the way down(2inchs) and its holding at 0.5 from the top with the mag 9.5 wide open

I still do that! Haha...except I pull enough rotifer culture to completely submerge the coral then I add selcon and some red sea reef energy. For somereason highly oxidized water loaded with carbs and amino acids with little bugs crawling all over the corals seems to make them go crazy...I started doing this when I decided everything gets qtd for days

:blink:

YUGOADDMORESTUFFTOTHEEQUATION

:blink:

YUGOADDMORESTUFFTOTHEEQUATION

Only cause theyre fullt quarantined. If your putting them in the tank the tank already has rotifers....and I already feed red sea energy. Selcon does just fine as a additive for drip acclimation with the airstone

So I think I have enough flow everywhere...

81x tank turn over

10x sump turnover

40x cheato tumbler

18x fuge

Basically alot of ####in water dude lol

Thoughts?

Cheato will process no matter how fast the flow.....same with all algaes. I wanted the cheato very high so that it actually tumbles vs just staying in place. And 18x I don't feel is alot for a 15gallon column. About the same flow as a softie or macro tank...270gph? Almost like having a korialla nano.

Plus all of the water plumbed to the two refugiums are pre filtered of detritus and partially skimmed. I don't want to turn my fuges into nitrate factories...and being as the column will be 2 to 3 inches of mud I want to minimize the ammount of siphoning I have to do for the fuge bed. So everything prefiltered.

Basically im switching roles this time. Instead of two refugiums and skimmer as backup...it will be skimmer with refugiums as backup. Lol I want them to look pretty :D even though they are hidden behind a door

Cheato will process no matter how fast the flow.....same with all algaes. I wanted the cheato very high so that it actually tumbles vs just staying in place. And 18x I don't feel is alot for a 15gallon column. About the same flow as a softie or macro tank...270gph? Almost like having a korialla nano.

Plus all of the water plumbed to the two refugiums are pre filtered of detritus and partially skimmed. I don't want to turn my fuges into nitrate factories...and being as the column will be 2 to 3 inches of mud I want to minimize the ammount of siphoning I have to do for the fuge bed. So everything prefiltered.

Basically im switching roles this time. Instead of two refugiums and skimmer as backup...it will be skimmer with refugiums as backup. Lol I want them to look pretty :D even though they are hidden behind a door

Uh huh. The sump/fuge before the tank move this past weekend.

IMG_0339.JPG

Archived