Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanarium Imaginarium 80's Slurricane Wonderventure

Deckoz2302

jedimasterben

Water height doesn't seem to fluctuate no matter what the little gate is set to on the overflow. It's about 1.5" below the tank rim. I have no idea how much goes into the sump, maybe 1"?

The way I filled mine was like this: fill the tank until the overflow section is just getting ready to overflow. Then fill your sump. Turn your return pump on after that, and mark the line where it goes down to, and that is your maximum fill line.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Water height doesn't seem to fluctuate no matter what the little gate is set to on the overflow. It's about 1.5" below the tank rim. I have no idea how much goes into the sump, maybe 1"?

The way I filled mine was like this: fill the tank until the overflow section is just getting ready to overflow. Then fill your sump. Turn your return pump on after that, and mark the line where it goes down to, and that is your maximum fill line.

Well duh lol. How big is your sump and you mean 1 inch drains from the tank? How far up do you have your gate

If I keep the water height .5 inches below the rim...and expect the drain to goto the bottom of the gate thats a 1.5"drop so 7.13 gallons drained.. hmmm

jedimasterben

My sump is a 40B, so it doesn't matter for me how much water goes into it, it will never overflow lol. My little gate is up as high as possible now, but I've played around with it and it seems that it doesn't matter too much while the main return is on. The little gate only controls the water level while the pump is on, when it is turned off, it will always drain to the lowest point the gate can go (look at it closely and you'll see that there is a little valley that water will drain down to no matter what). It takes my system about 30 minutes to drain all the way down to that point, though, if I have my return high up so that it breaks siphon

My sump is a 40B, so it doesn't matter for me how much water goes into it, it will never overflow lol. My little gate is up as high as possible now, but I've played around with it and it seems that it doesn't matter too much while the main return is on. The little gate only controls the water level while the pump is on, when it is turned off, it will always drain to the lowest point the gate can go (look at it closely and you'll see that there is a little valley that water will drain down to no matter what). It takes my system about 30 minutes to drain all the way down to that point, though, if I have my return high up so that it breaks siphon

Well the return im not worried about because I have check valves. Im trying to determine if im going to run baffleless. And also whether I want to run a in sump or external recirculating. Problem is the skimmer I want is the curve 5 which requires a water height of 9.5. But if I run baffleless ill be at 6 inches.

If I get a recirculating skimmer and run external it wont fit because the heoght of the stand vs height of the water outlet vs height of sump..

So the question becomes...turn the curve 5 into recirculating and run baffleless or use a baffle lol

I think to much.....

So I beleive I will be getting this tank cycling when I return from Philadelphia. Got a few weeks until Dave gets the LED/T5 fixture to me....so I guess its a waiting game now

jedimasterben
So I beleive I will be getting this tank cycling when I return from Philadelphia. Got a few weeks until Dave gets the LED/T5 fixture to me....so I guess its a waiting game now

that'll give it some time to start getting into the uglies. just a matter of time, then!

that'll give it some time to start getting into the uglies. just a matter of time, then!

Lol it will be sexy im not expecting a huge bloom firsrt two weeks will be heavy gfo as well as bacteria intro.

gyawd thatsa nice tank!! can't wait to see it wet

Thank you haha....I try to make amazing things happen. And hope to make a view for all to enjoy

jedimasterben

Lol it will be sexy im not expecting a huge bloom firsrt two weeks will be heavy gfo as well as bacteria intro.

True. Lemme know when you get it wet and I'll send you a goodie bag. :)

True. Lemme know when you get it wet and I'll send you a goodie bag. :)

Haha. Oh im wet....from the sleet lol.

I just wanna go fill up the tank lol

jedimasterben

Haha. Oh im wet....from the sleet lol. I just wanna go fill up the tank lol

And that's why I live in Florida! Today is a shorts and t-shirt kinda day (after work, of course). Honey badger don't care!

K

And that's why I live in Florida! Today is a shorts and t-shirt kinda day (after work, of course). Honey badger don't care!

Go catch me a blue peacock mantis for my display fuge

Not lit at all? Not even with a single 9 inch florescent lol

Peacocks don't live around here. Mostly just little guys.

KP Aquatics has some cool ones from here. http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=324'>http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=324

EDIT: plus, you can't keep a peacock in a lit tank.

jedimasterben

Not lit at all? Not even with a single 9 inch florescent lol

Nope, they will get shell rot. Even in tanks only lit by ambient light can have a great deal of trouble.

Only applies to peacocks, though (Odontodactylus scyllarus).

jedimasterben

Odd, wikipedia says they're found as shallow as 3 meters deep int he ocean. They'd get lots of light there.

They live in very, very murky water, not on a reef crest where the water is clear.

Mantis! LMAO your going to have your girl and cat freaking out at night for a while! :P

Lol why? They already deal with the pistol :]

Archived