SaltCritters.com

SaltyVT's 8 gallon Biocube

SaltyVT

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
look at his previous posts...he has upgraded stock lighting...very nice.

Not yet......... soon......very soon :ninja::ninja:

I thought it might be the Elbow too, but it seems pretty tight fitting. I also saw the bubbles with the stock pump. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, finally decided on the 16" sunpod 70w HQI. Less issues with evaporation, heat, and it fits better on top!! I can't !@#$** wait!!! Should be here next week!! :P

SWEET!!!! Woke up this morning, took a look into the tank as usual. Noticed my Carpet anemone looked a little small, then I noticed there was another at the bottom of the tank! Score!! My mini Carpet split last night, I am now the proud parent of twins!!! :D

Hey Salty. Got some questions for you. I've got the mini-jet 606. I was looking at the maxi-jet 900. How does that attach to the existing outlet? Is there a piece of 5/8" flexible tubing between the pump outlet and the tank's outlet? Got a pic of it?

One more thing! Does your clown host anything? Mine was scared to death of the torch for the first several days. Hiding in the corner and would hardly eat. He's getting use to it, but still doesn't want to go near it.

Attaches the same way as the rest of them, that flexible tube thing.I can grab a pic when I get back from Quebec City! My clown hands feeds from me, not scarce of anything in the tank, but won't host ANYTHING!!!! AAAAAAHHHH drives me crazy! He likes to hang out in the back corner by the intakes when I'm not around. I feed every other day sometimes more, so when I come around he is out and about!! Would give you pics of the carpet but one of them disappeared and I can'tfind it :huh:

oh yeah.........I got a delivery yesterday of a MH!!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Why don't ya just rub it in!!! :P

Where did you order from? Is it direct mail order or to your LFS? If you don't have any problems maybe this will give me the courage to order. I've been reluctant to order in the cold weather.

Merry Christmas!!!

I have learned to trust my LFS. So I had bruce order me up those corals. He has a bunch of clams so I had a good variety to choose from. There is a few places that are sponsors here that people seem to trust. I figure I would save on shipping for now and let them pay the shipping! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D

Well it official, I lost the top of the tank and now am running a 70w MH 14k. I think it looks way brighter and love the color. I am glad I didn't go with the 20" 150, it would have looked ridiculously large on top. I'll snap some photo when I get back from my much needed Vaca!!!!!

Insane Reefer

Anyone know where to pick one of these up for less than $125.00? Found one at this, but always looking for a better deal.

Thanks

Anyone know where to pick one of these up for less than $125.00? Found one at this, but always looking for a better deal.

Thanks

Sounds like a good price, is that with shipping or at a LFS??

It's up and running, only 4 hours a day then I will lengthen it more and more each week!! Too bad I'm on vaca now, I haven't seen it in a week now!!1 omgomgomg

Insane Reefer
Sounds like a good price, is that with shipping or at a LFS??

I found it here, 124.99 +18.00 for shipping.

Was going to call the LFSs to see if anyone has them for that.

Ebay with an Item like that shouldn't be too bad, just make sure you get insurance!!

Made a little buy today, Crocea now in my hand or floating in the tank!!!! :D

heres some pics I snapped, I moved the nepthia up to the 2.5, it wasn't liking things. Yep those are yellow polyies, mean greean, and some misc zoos!

P1010765.jpg

P1010767.jpg

P1010768.jpg

• Christopher Marks changed the title to SaltyVT's 8 gallon Biocube

Archived