Innovative Marine Aquariums

SaltyVT's 8 gallon Biocube

SaltyVT

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got out!!!! HAAAAAA I went bigger, DOH!!

If it's the 20L, I'd love to see it but the link in your sig is broken or something.

BTW, I should have just said "taking a break" that's all I'm doing... until I'm done with school.

• 3 weeks later...

HOLD THE PHONE! My two biocube heros are out?!?! Salty, I saw you were selling a biocube 8, and I had to do a double take.

I hadn't been on in a while.. Good luck with the new tank! I am going to be upgrading to something LARGE and not so nano when I graduate grad school in a year! I cannot wait!! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I still have the 8 in the basement, I might start it back up again for a nice softy tank for my room. Good luck with grad school!

• 2 weeks later...

Salty...

I just bought a BioCUBE 8 for my daughter, and now I want one for me (to take in to the office).

I'd rather not spend the full price from my LFS... how about parting with the one that's in your basement and I'll help you pay for some more livestock?

Let's make a deal!

BTW, you had this tank looking sweet. Congratulations!

Joe

Grand Rapids, MI

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

So I've been switching tanks over the last few years and funny how things come back to where one starts. So Sunday I broke down my neglected IM nuvo 30. Long story short, I grabbed up some good rock and cleaned enough LS to cover the bottom. Moved what corals were left into it also. Filled the first chamber with rubble I had, added my 50w stealth heater, filter floss on the over flow, and started it up. Found through my own neglecting that the salinity in the old tank was 1.020. YIKES!!! ? Anyway, lost a few invertebrates in the swing back up to 1.025. So changes For now I'm running a 70w viper with a ushio 14k bulb (new). The fuge is set up the same but I found a great 5w 6500k led bulb to fit in my old light socket. This thing is bright as hell. Now to find some chaeto! Now for the waiting game to see how things go. I'll get pix up here soon

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks in and everything is looking good. Finally got in some chaeto for my Fuge so now i can see how well that LED will work. Im waiting on some Rapid LED actinic supplement light to come in today. Soon i will start the restocking of coral process! :lol:

Don't give up on us.

It usually just takes more than a day or two for most people to respond.

Also looks like a nice upgrade as well, keep the updates coming!

• 2 months later...
Clarinet_Reefer

Very cool thread! Like the Necro and rebirth of this tank. Can't wait to see this thrive and grow! Totally following along. May even break out my old Biocube 8!!

P.S. You may want to do a new thread in the Members Aquarium section. Much more active than the AIO area. That's my simple opinion.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to SaltyVT's 8 gallon Biocube

Archived