Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SaltyVT's 8 gallon Biocube

SaltyVT

No splashing at all. Good to hear I and everyone else were able to help you out! n You might get a few bubbles that come from the output, but that will go away in a few months! :D

Thinks are growing well in the tank! Thanks Stallen!!

Salty! Your tank looks amazing! Love the new pics. Keep it up. You guys totally helped me out big time setting up my biocube 8. (I am in the "ugly stage" as stallen says). Algae all over... but my snails are having a field day on it!

Going to try the cheato thing soon. See someone on ebay selling it.

Do you have problems with heat and the submersible light? My cube gets pretty warm during the day.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks!!!! No heat problems at all!!! Post some pics !!!!

The algae is getting a little better. Really coming to life. I am sooo excited.. another obsession to add to the list. I need to get in the corners with something though. Ill update more when I start my fuge this week/next week. I think I am going to mount a small 25w desk lamp on the back I found at CVS.

Used a better camera this time. The high-rez one is on my biocube post.

500292445_8eda156b35.jpg

Looks like a great start!! once that algae goes and the coral line starts it should be a killer tank. :D

Ok... did the fuge thing. Got that light a few people were talking about and mounted it in a fan box from lowes... should get my cheato soon too!

501617171_065d15994b_m.jpg

Looks like a good set up!!

Hi Salty,

I have Biocube 8 and would like to make a fuge but i'd like t o use a submersible light in the 2nd chamber. Is this what you did ? If so, do you have a link where i could see what kind of light you used.

Thanks

I didn't use a submersible light, I can't remember who did I'll check and get back to you! Anyone else remember chime in!

Found it look at the bottom of the page.....

Link

I didn't use a submersible light, I can't remember who did I'll check and get back to you! Anyone else remember chime in!

Found it look at the bottom of the page.....

Link

Found it! It's Hotnickz07 who used a submersible light. It seems to be working well for him. He even gave me a link to where he bought the light. I just ordered one.

Here it is in case someone want to try it also.

http://www.discount-pumps.biz/pond-lights.htm

And here's the link of his thread where he shows how he installed it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1157881

Thanks

Yes Think Hotnickz07 got the ides from rev138

Thanks for helping SaltyVT Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! What's the deal with clams? You have that lighting mod so I am sure if it's lighting, you've got it handled... but what are the requirements for them?

Clams kick ass!! You need a mature tank, and steady PH levels. Maintain your calk, alk, and what not, Lights are a biggie too. I seemed to have good luck with my first clam so I found another one to keep it company! Enraged, yes I went over to MMr to get it. They seemed to have some great corals in last time I went.

Hers some more pics, I moved my mean greens and frogspawn out to my 2.5G. The frog spawn didn't like the MH just inches away, since moving it has opened back up again. I would say that in the last 6 months of having the Mh over the tank I can note some good and bad points. The light seems to be very strong, the farthest away you can but any given coral from the light would be 8 inches, so I found out that certain corals can adapt and others can't. the yumas are splitting fast, the nepthia is growing ,and clams love lots o light and growing, candy canes are good, SPs course loves the light, My xenia were growing like crazy and have recently taken a dive for the worst, oh well. I am really glad i didn't go with the 150 it would have been over kill

P1020202.jpg

P1020205.jpg

I always found xenia to be really strange anyhow. I got a clump from a fellow reefer, it multiplied like crazy in my 36g for 4 or 5 months. Then it slowly just died away and is gone. Really strange.

Yea I was looking over those clams very nice indeed.

He lost all the ORA duncans he fragged for some reason.

Tanks looking good I tore down my display and moved everything to my prop tank.

just going to grow stuff for now i guess

Well the clam kept on trying to attach to the Yuma rock so I moved the rocks around and came up with this.....

P1020231.jpg

So I cut my plug off my acro, dropped it broke it and tried gluing four pieces to the rocks, not a fun afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

hopefully it will all look good in the end!!!!!!

• Christopher Marks changed the title to SaltyVT's 8 gallon Biocube

Archived