inTank Media Baskets

The Propagators 100g mixed prop tank.

The Propagator

Thanks chieferich !

I made some new frag racks and further organized my frag tank :lol:

( told you it was an ocd !! It still looks chitty chitty bang bang to me. It always will HA !)

This is for SIX:

Notice anything special about this tank six? Like the presence of obvious cuttings that have been grown out, or that are in the grow our stage.

The identical mother colonies still in the tank and still looking full?

Umm.... yeah thats because I do EXACTLY what I told you I do sweet'ums.

I aquaculture. ;)

Newracksleft.jpg

Newracksright.jpg

It's okay I guess, needs more frags though. :D

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

Crappy side shot ( anyone wishing to get me a birthday present this Sunday can get me a digital SLR :lol: )

new1.jpg

EDIT: Here is a link to a larger image since I can only post it at 75 frigg'n percent the original size :(

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/DuaneJ/new1.jpg

SON OF A BIATCH ! that does it too !!

Lets try this one....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Duan...pg?t=1189587634

FINALLY !! Just click the link and then click the pic onces to see it full size.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks chieferich !

I made some new frag racks and further organized my frag tank :lol:

( told you it was an ocd !! It still looks chitty chitty bang bang to me. It always will HA !)

This is for SIX:

Notice anything special about this tank six? Like the presence of obvious cuttings that have been grown out, or that are in the grow our stage.

The identical mother colonies still in the tank and still looking full?

Umm.... yeah thats because I do EXACTLY what I told you I do sweet'ums.

I aquaculture. ;)

Newracksleft.jpg

Newracksright.jpg

I haven't checked your thread out in awhile. Lookin good! Inspiration as I set up my new system.

• 4 weeks later...
The Propagator

Hey thanks guys !!well I now have a new camera so I can take MUCH better photos now !! YEAH !!!Here is a portion of whats in there now and you will not believe how much that purple tipped stag horn has grown !! Remember all those little 1-2 inchfrags of it I had a few pages ( months ) ago?JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH THEY GREW !!! LOL!This has to be bar none THE FASTEST growing acropora on the planet AND the hardiest !I can hack for days at this stuff and it just keeps coming !The 20k 250W DE ushios I switched to REALLY need to be changed out.They REALLY colored up my coral long term but they are starting to fade color wise now that they need changed again. I think when I buy new ones I will buy 4 so I won't have to worry about having the money or finding them when they need replaced again this spring/early summer.I am still learning how to use this little monster so bear with me.Its a Canon Powershot A720 IS and it is BAD AZZ !!!If you are looking to replace your old and busted point and shooter with an high quality point and shooter I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the A720 IS !!This thing rivals DSLR'S !! I am totally serious ! It's only 8 mega pixels but the zoom and macro combined with the image stabilizer and the digic ( for get the series its either a II or III) processor it is ABOVE all other sin its class.I tried a LOT of them and believe me you will not be happy with any other point and shooter for aquarium shots. It captures colorations almost exactly how you see them in person.Thats HUGE considering all the UV we throw at our coral and our cameras ( which normally go NUTS under blue light) I don't have any macro lenses or filters yet. No one makes an affordable kit yet cause the camera is so new.but when they do I wlil show you shots you didn't think were possible with a point and shooter !Remember this is all free hand and I was pretty shaky when I was snapping them off from holding the light up out of the way with one arm. ( try holding a 5 foot fixture that weighs 30lbs by its self along with a 20lb piece of tempered glass in it plus ballasts and bulbs and fans for 20 minutes! LOL!! BURN BABY BURN !! My left arm is feeling it LOL!) ENJOY !!zoocolonies2.jpgzoocolonies1.jpgZoapics2.jpgZoapics1.jpgSupermanacro2.jpgSupermanacro.jpgspsfrags1.jpgspsfrags5.jpgspsfrags4.jpgspsfrags3.jpgspsfrags2.jpgPurpletippedstagacrofragsncolonies2.jpgPurpletippedstagacrofragsncolonies.jpgPurpletippedstagacro.jpgPavona.jpgORAGreensmurfbluetippedtortacro.jpgMixed1.jpgLPSSPSandpolypfrags2.jpgLPSandpolypfrags1.jpgJadebeauties.jpg

The Propagator
Newracksleft.jpg

Newracksright.jpg

Cool prop tank. How many frags do you have in there?

9.2 bagillion. Plus two more smaller tanks full LOL!!

Problem is most are of the same stuff :haha:

The Propagator

I would Jimbo but they are CRAPPY looking as all get out.

Just more of the same you see here actually.

All I do just about every other day is frag from everything you see.

Those tanks are just filled with the same corals LOL!

The funny part is I set up the other tanks to be able to propagate more brood stock but I ended up filling them with the run over from this tank.

I REALLY need to get some more brood stock for diversity though.

Weetabix7,

Thats my Blue berry polyp capricornis mother colony.

The polyps are not quite as intense blue/purple as the photo depicts though.

Because I didn't use flash the colors are a little saturated.

The reason the frags I cut from it are purple-tan looking is because they are cutting off the outer edges which are light purple with green and tan with a light purple rim. The center is like you see in the pic here and what it will grow to look like with a light purple rim.

I don't really think it is a one off coloration of a regular monti cap though.

It grows stelagtite looking peaks all over the center after it gets about 3" in diameter and it also shelfs a lot more then normal caps would and scrolls out in spirals a lot more then a normal cap would before it spreads and grows outwards.

I forget what the guy told me it was when I bough it though? Its not confusa.. Oh I cant remember the name. Something real weird sounding. Heck he probably made it up LOL!

It was pale pink when I bought it about 3 years ago and the width of my thumb and only about 1/2" long.

Then it turned purple, then green then to what you see now with blue berry polyps. which is what I am assuming is its natural coloration. It hasn't shifted color in a year so I think thats it.

Archived