inTank Media Baskets

The Propagators 100g mixed prop tank.

The Propagator

Propagator whats this? U said u sent me some frags? I never ordered any frags from you. Must be another socal something or other

AMAZING tank BTW !!!

SCR

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

It was. It was socalSuperhero

OR & Jim,

Drip acclimation kills beause of all of the above you listed.

Toxins build up in a sealed bag during shipping in a big way.

As long as no air is hitting them its no big deal.

BUT ONCE THEY HAVE BUILT UP in the bag and the bag has been opened

they sky rocket.

Think of it like this, Your coral has just been shipped to you in what has turned out to be a bag full of sewer water.

Why would you think it is a good idea to let them simmer longer than you have to in that crap while you acclimate them for a couple hours dripping tank water in with them?

Thats why most frags that are shipped properly never open.

Now your thinking "but what about your breather bags? They are constantly letting air in. How come it dosent foul the water?"

Because air is constantly allowed in and co2 and ther gases are allowed so out they dont build up nearly as bad. But they do spike when the bag is opened.

The reason I havent started any " ask prop " thread is because thats what PMs are for ;)

The reason I havent started any " ask prop " thread is because thats what PMs are for ;)

I would but your inbox is full! Empty please!

bonsai reefer

OH! :lol: propagator i knew i liked you for a reason how about some scarlet and grey acropora :D yes i am a transplant but went to the best school in the mid west OSU!!!!!!!!!!

Your tank is overwhelmingly diverse as soon as i get my heat issues squared away i will pm you for some buckeye zoas!!

Prop did you use all them rubber bands i gave j00 lol

btw i still got that one breather bag lol haha there so durable

All they allow air through cause air atom is smaller than a water so BEYA it holds water but not air to well. ahha!

The Propagator

chieferich, havent seen or tried them sorry.

Josh I need more actualy LOL!! I will make a tentative apointment to be there next week. ( still hectic on the home front with no end in sight man) ORDER SOME COLORFUL ZOANTHID ROCKS MANE !!

That will SURELY get me there LOL!

sephroth_r1,

AIP sucks butt.

bonsai reefer,

Bring it homey ! Let me know when your ready.

OSU ROCKS !!

The put gaurds around the goal post now BTW LOL !!

aaron my PM box hasnt been full for days ;)

Fire away.

Ok new additions !

Picked up two SWEET AZZ Acropora Chesterfieldensis frags yesterday !

This stuff is sort of on the rare side but no tlike a purple pillow or purple mosnter kinda rare. The camera SHAMES IT SO BAD !!

It is an absolutely SICK chartrues green/yellow with the same color polyps! I mean it is blindingly BRIGHT.

Been waiting on this stuff for more than 4 months.

AcroporaChersterfieldensis.jpg

avalanche1201

Hey prop, loven the tank.

Was wondering if you have anything good for a 3gal...ive got 36w's. Im looking for some nice shrooms, ricordia, and some other things, looking for ideas on what, ill tank any input.

Also, id like some feather dusters if you have some. Thanks

Very nice and good for natural reefs too!

I may have missed it but I'm wondering what you use for lighting and if you have estimated the monthly lighting cost.

The Propagator

OMG this is uncany..... read my reply to you in the lounge in the post a phot of your self LOL!!

Right after I posted that I see this LMAO !!!

CLASSIC !!!!!!!

Kelpie:

2x250w 14k Hammy DE MH w/ 2x96 .03 actinics.

My bill jumped around $40.00 a month. :(

• 3 weeks later...
The Propagator

No way I could pm you a list of what I have now LOL!

It wouldnt fit in one PM. :)

Here are about 25 or so updated pics. ( again my camera is CRAP. Bear with me. Thats the next big purchase on my list !)

Comense pictorial over load !!!!!!!!

Zoos22.jpg

Zoos21.jpg

Zoos20.jpg

Zoos19.jpg

Zoos18.jpg

Zoos17.jpg

Zoos16.jpg

Zoos15.jpg

Zoos14.jpg

Zoos13.jpg

Zoos12.jpg

Zoos11.jpg

Zoos10.jpg

Zoos9.jpg

Zoos8.jpg

Zoos7.jpg

Zoos6.jpg

Zoos5.jpg

Zoos4.jpg

Zoos3.jpg

Zoos2.jpg

Zoos1.jpg

Pavona.jpg

Pagoda.jpg

Thank You Prop. Thanks for taking the time for all those pics. As always you tank is amazing. I cant believe all those zoas. You were my inspiration to start my frag tank. Thanks again.

Randy

The Propagator

Mixedfrags12.jpg

Mixedfrags11.jpg

Mixedfrags9.jpg

Mixedfrags8.jpg

Thank You Prop. Thanks for taking the time for all those pics. As always you tank is amazing. I cant believe all those zoas. You were my inspiration to start my frag tank. Thanks again.

Randy

Oh I am not even half way yet LOL!!!

Still MUCH more to come!

Thats not including whats in my 40 breeder or my 29, or my 20 long OR my 38 long LOL!!! These are all in my 100g.

Thanks for the compliments! Its nice to know what your doing isnt in vane ya know. Its nice to hear that it is inspiring. I just hope it makes people start buying more aquacultured stuff. Thats the only way to sustaine our reefs fellas!

purebullet417: just copy a particular photo with the coral your interested in to your drive, then circle what ever it is and Email it to me at : j.clements@fuse.net with your NR.com user name included in te message so I know who I am dealing with LOL! I will ten email you back with prices.

I DO NOT SELL LARGE COLONIES. ( for any one who may be thinking it ! LOL!)

Every one else A BIG THANK YOU ALSO !!! I have seen most of your tanksa as well and WOW! You are all off to a slam'n great start !!

And the pictorial over load continues !!!

Mixedfrags7.jpg

Mixedfrags6.jpg

Mixedfrags5.jpg

Mixedfrags4.jpg

Mixedfrags3.jpg

Mixedfrags2.jpg

Mixedfrags1.jpg

Mixedfrags10.jpg

LeftFTS.jpg

Leather.jpg

FTSright.jpg

FTSmid.jpg

purebullet417: I forgt to tell you that every thing I am posting pics of now is my current srock up for grabs ;)

CRAPYFTS.jpg

Fragbin1.jpg

Fragbin2.jpg

Fragbin3.jpg

Candy2.jpg

Candy1.jpg

acros4.jpg

acros3.jpg

Do you feed your fish/coral or are you still letting them feed naturally. Did you decide to do frequent water changes or just do them once in a while?

Do you feed your fish/coral or are you still letting them feed naturally. Did you decide to do frequent water changes or just do them once in a while?

Archived