inTank Media Baskets

The Propagators 100g mixed prop tank.

The Propagator

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obsessed Reefer

:insert an emoticon with its jaw dropped and a puddle of drool under it:

What can I say? This tank is amazing. I really want to fly to Ohio and shake your hand.... and try and get away with some sweet frags... lol. I'm gonna PM you soon with some things that I would like to know the prices of. Once my tank gets back in order, I might have to get some stuff from you.... :bowdown:

P.S.

What side of Ohio do you live on? East or West?

Thank you for making this tank and this thread. I had some good laughs reading through it.

Jesse

wow you got a really nice tank there. i went to add you ebay seller name to my list and you were already there. i don't know if i won anything that you had up though cause i didn't right anything down.

i am going to have to hit you up some time for some of your zoas. maybe next month though cause i am trying to pay some stuff off. would it be ok to email/pm you to see if you have any frags of the zoas that i liked from your pics?

thanks

ADAM

The Propagator

Adam: Sure it would. :) BTW what is your Ebay ID and I will look and see if you have already purchased from me in the past.

Obsessed Reefer: I live in Cincinnati ( the southwest side of the state bordering Kentucky and Indiana).

THanks for the kind words !!

BEEEYAAA Propgator Has Teh Low Down on teh Leet Corals

i think it Propagator has the low down on the leet corals?..................

:slap::haha:

The Propagator

Adam,

So your the reason I couldnt change my name to "The Propagator" on Ebay then huh?

CURSES!

:haha:

Bullet,

Duane867 is my Ebay name.

Micro's? You sire have peaked my interest highly ! LOL!!

The Propagator

Time is my enemy man. It seems like when the corals are open I am at the hospital most of the time. I need to take new stock photots for Ebay and every thing here soon.

:)

The Propagator

Not realy. Thats why I am always online late in the night and early in the mornig. :(

Now I am off to frag and glue mad coral, take photos, and list stuff on Ebay.

Then I have to do water changes, take the garbage out, get 3 hours of sleep, pack up corals to be shipped off from last weeks auctions, go to the post office, and go Check out Extended Critical Care Facilities because the one he is in now is gonna kick him out soon. :(

( MEDICARE BASTARDS) Then end my day by going to the hospital and staying with my father in law until 10pm like I do every night.

THEN.....Before I can go home I get to take my mother in law ( JOY :( ) to the grocery store where she will undoubtedly spend hours picking out various fruits she will never eat, and roaming aimlessly around the store until 1am.

Get 3 more hours of sleep and the cycle starts over again the next day.....

This has been my life for going on 4 months now.

YEAH !!!!!!!

( ok rant over LOL!!)

Hey prop, you like the hamilton bulbs right? Would you say a 150w DE 14k and a 27w actinic over an 18" tall 10G hex would be good for nice color/growth? I'm gonna try a mixed prop show tank like yours, just scaled WAY smaller.

The Propagator

Dont go to nutzo with how many you mix together.

I can get away with it because I have wicked good filtration, and a large tank. I also know what not to put next to what or down current from it.

the smaller the tank size with prop tanks the bigger the problems usualy.

Simply because of the frags themselves. When you cut them they release toxins. If the tank is too small or you have to many fresh frags in the tank it will surely effect frags of another species ( IE sps and softies). As well high calcium levels and other elements may effect species that dont benefit from it in a negative way.

In reality my tank is truely a freak of nature.

I should NOT be able to get away with mixing them like that so densely.

I just rely on knowing what should go where based on experience, and the routine I have been doing from the start that has accidentaly worked out for me.

;)

Do it at your own risk and with a word of caution before hand :)

hey prop sorry to hijack the thread but do you have any ideas for fixing microbubbles in the display, my protein skimmer and sump supply is really killing the look of my new 125 from the microbubbles, is there any way i can pipe in a bubble trap to the protein skimmer and the sump supply to stop the bubbles or am i going to have to go bigger then a 29G for the sump

The Propagator

You could have to much flow going through your sump, or you may just need to re arange your baffles, or you may be able to pipe it out?

Very hard to tell you with out knowing what kind of skimmer it is, and if it is getting fed from the return line, or its owns feed pump, or actualy seeing your sump?

prop has like 123123123 tons of lr in his filters aight mofo can filter anything!! lol sup prop let me know when u plan to come into Teh jacks

The Propagator

Hey Josh......I may be comming in this week after my Paypal loot clears ( IE wed/thurs )

Any coral in stock in that new tank in the store I would be interested in yet?

Archived