Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Propagators 100g mixed prop tank.

The Propagator

So clue me in - why tumble the marble? Rougher surface is better for some reason? Glueing?

Oh, by the way, you can't have that big of a prop tank and still be a nano-reefer. So, you'll just have to split it up, and ship parts of it to all of the rest of us.:P

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

O ' contrair monfrair !!! LOL!!!

I have a 2x 29g NANO reefs, one 40 breeder, and a 38long. AND my 1st nano was a 5.5g

SO THERE !!!!

LOL!!!

EZ : Ahem ... um um u m um um um * adjusting to the soupe nazi voice*

"NO BLASTO FOR YOU !!!!!"

It will be a few more days *( probably a week until I frag it up)

Might as well say two to three weeks.

I have to let it heal from fragging.

The Propagator

Oh sorry LOL!!

I use them more for my SPS than my zoanthids, but I do use them from time totime on my zoanthids.

They are comprised of like 99.5% calcium carbonite.

They basicly act like a miniature cacium reactor under each SPS frag once they encrust over the super glue and onto the marble.

Then they REALY explode with growth and color.

Here is a better pic of the zoanthids I said to pay close attention to the coloration around the mouth!

They are an even more DEEP purple in person and the skirting and mouth are more gold.

PurpleNurple.jpg

The BLASTO'S ARE OPENING!!! THE BLASTO'S ARE OPENING!!!

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

These are truely SWEET !!!!!!

Blastos4.jpg

BLastos3.jpg

Blastos2.jpg

DAMN IT MAN !!

Every time I post a pic as 800x600 it gets scaled down !!!

REALY STARTING TO BUG ME !!!

I cant show good detailin the pics that way because when they are down sized they lose sharpness and the colors blur.

Arggh!! *smacks forhead* :P

Noo! Noo! nooo! I know about the wonders of the white marble, I'm wondering why you tumbled it! Just to enhance the effect?

Nice blasto's by the way.

Yeah, chris recently fixed the problem of large photos busting up the layout, which is nice, but it would be nice if they were clickable to see the full version. I just right click, and "view image" to see the full. kind of a pain I know.

The Propagator

I dont tumble the marble. It comes tumbled.

The tumbling smooths the edges and the surface.

Thats it.

It just makes it look neat and tidy.

EZ what ya got?

Hey man, I'll take this onepost-8390-1160000592_thumb.jpg There's no need to let it heal because you can cut it off without cutting on any flesh :D

PM with pricing details...

The Propagator

KEEPING THAT ONE LOL! Did you actualy think I would get rid of the only true red polyp in the bunch?

FORSHAME !! :)

PodBoy, Actualy I buy them mounted on fiber mesh backing from lowes for $13 somthing.

They are roughly 7/8"x7/8"x1/4".

I peel them up off the mesh and let them soak for a few minutes in hot water to soften the glue. Then the glue usualy just comes right up with a hard rub of my thumb.

On ocassion I have to use a razor though.

PodBoy, Actualy I buy them mounted on fiber mesh backing from lowes for $13 somthing.

They are roughly 7/8"x7/8"x1/4".

I peel them up off the mesh and let them soak for a few minutes in hot water to soften the glue. Then the glue usualy just comes right up with a hard rub of my thumb.

On ocassion I have to use a razor though.

Really! What is the item that you purchase called? What's it used for? How many come attached to this mesh?

I was planning on chopping up a threshold (~$4)

I dont tumble the marble. It comes tumbled.

The tumbling smooths the edges and the surface.

Thats it.

It just makes it look neat and tidy.

EZ what ya got?

mine are also like yours but its edges are thicker flourescent green. how purple is the purple?

The Propagator

LOL!!! Ok Travis. Let them settle in a bit more. Then we can talk mula.

You probably wont want to pay what I have to have out of them though.

That colony cost me a chunk o' change. :(

PodBoy, they come on a 14"x 14" mat with 144 pieces on them or somthing like that. You can find them in the same isle as the bathroom tiles. They are actualy just matted sections of marble tile flooring.

EZ, its pretty deep purple. I bet we have identicle polyps homey.

On some of the polyps the green is wider.

Realy? They are nice but not as nice as what I have seen for what I thought was reasonable prices (10-15 Large Polyps of Cherry-Bomb Blasto Welsi for $72 + tax).

The Propagator

Yup. I dont live on the west coast which is the 1st port of entry for that stuff remember. ;) Its MUCH more expensive for me because I am in Ohio.

Also there are 22 polyps on there not 16-17 ;)

I bought these retail not wholesale.

The only thing I can get wholesale are snails, crabs,and ricordea.

Some times zoanthids but not to often.

I get a goo ddeal on most of my zoanthids but its still not whole sale.

I NEVER get wholesale on acan, blasto's or acros. :(

I know you dont live in Cali either, but Louisiana is also a major 1st port of entry for live coral shipments. So it will be cheaper there too than here.

The Propagator

look at the time you posted and I edited ;) "7:50" I was editing while you were typing LOL!!!

Dude, Louisiana is a MAJOR port for just about every thing.

Air and sea ;)

That was a guess about the live coral. I should have worded it beter I guess LOL! But it only makes sense it would be cheaper there though.

Further south than I am, and an international airport near by. Because your right on the coast ( very near it any ways) shipping is MUCH cheaper than to Ohio. That plays a BIG role in consumer costs. Her ein Ohio every thing has to catch two flights before it reaches the LFS, and the 1st port of entry is usualy Alaska then Inianapolis, then the Greater cincy airport, then to fed-ex or USPS or UPS ! LOL!

The only thing I can get wholesale are snails, crabs,and ricordea.

You never got back at me about them Ricordeas dude. I want some!

By the way...Do your corals come from Cali? I can never find these so called wholesallers in the ports.

mahi mahi boy

Those Georgia peaches and blasto's are crazy, dude.... that 100gal is like Willy Wonka land. Did you ever get those blue zoos from proraptor (hopefully they prop fast)? Those were nice too... all your suff is nice.

The Propagator

Nope. My PPRPE are takng a slow dive. SO I think that one will go south.

I pnly have a frag of 3 that are still doing great.

Ceasar, j.clements@fuse.net Thats is the absolute easiest way to contact me, remind me, what ever LOL!!!

Email me and let me know how many you want, I stil have no range though and the future dosent look bright for them either.

No I dont get anything fro Cali.

I would hazard to guess the reason why you are not finding the wholsalers is because they are by apointment only, and they dont advertise to the general public. They wouldnt be in the ports I wouldnt think. They are usualy the guys in the burbs, or even an LFS near you.

Some of them use several different names to wholesale so thier retail customers dont get Poe'ed at them.

Most are not realy whole salers either, they are trans-shippers.

THat means they recieve an order from you, order it from Bali or where ever, then keep it for 24hrs or less and ship it to you dead or alive when they recieve it.

YES THEY REALY DO SHIP THEM EVEN IF THEY ARE DEAD FISH INCLUDED. :(

Archived