Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Propagators 100g mixed prop tank.

The Propagator

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Duane,

The three polyp frag of Tubs blues I got from you a couple weeks ago is already a 6 polyp frag. Thanks again man, those things are growing like crazy in my tank.

Hey Prop, where can I get a list of your inventory? I found out that I qualified for that tax rebate so I makin plans now... Also, my tank isn't exactly nano, do you have anything slightly larger than the average nano-sized items?

AcroporaLokani

Mystery coral ( any one know? )

Mystery1.jpg

Looks like an Acropora Lokani ( your lucky its one of my favorite corals and I can ID it for you LOL).

So, I heard this prop guy even hand-delivers the corals right to your doorstep, acclimates, mounts the frag, and then even takes your ugly sister, that no one likes, out for dinner.

Hows that for service?!

The Propagator
So, I heard this prop guy even hand-delivers the corals right to your doorstep meets you some where close by, acclimates warns you not to drip acclimate, mounts the frag will sell you nice mounted frags, and then even takes your ugly sister, that no one likes, out for dinner will let you buy him dinner.

Hows that for service?!

:D

Hey Prop! I am also from Ohio, little place called New Philadelphia. I am currently living in Chicago but will be moving back soon. I recently picked up the hobby and was worried about continuing when I return, but judging by your tank I guess I should have no problem finding good fish stores!

Hey prop. I'll need new bulbs on my 110 soon - 250W moguls - same as yours I think. What brand/temp are you running these days and how do they perform?

Thanks!

The Propagator

brshriver,

I am using 250 watt DE ( double ended ) 20k Ushios.

Thanks Shiva' :D

Thanks Nugz :D

Hossome, you'll only find decent LFS in Indy, and around Columbus.

The rest is a baron waste land my man. I buy all retail and pick out the freaky looking stuff growing amongst the crap polyps and such. Then pick them out and grow them to colonies.

With the sps and lps.. I just know my tank and my lighting.

I know what they will turn into under my lighting in my tank conditions versus most of the crappy lighting and conditions they are kept in and under at the LFS.

I LOVE going to green houses.

They always have brown coral with a hint of color and have stuff marked down because they think its dying when its just light starved :lol:

I buy it up and 3-4 weeks later it doesn't even resemble the same coral. A few owners have seen pics of my stock I got from them and they were like "where did you get those?" :haha:

I ought to sell them back to them and not say anything :D

Nah.. thats not me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Prop,

I distinctly remember reading somewhere where you switched to Ushio 20k 250W and saw significant growth increase. Is that true? Are you getting both more growth and better colors? I think your old bulb was at 14k Phoenix or Hamilton.

You really have some amazingly nice stuff in there Prop. I think when it's time for me to set up my 40BR (I will probably start setting up in the fall, and have it running and stocked by the end of winter) I am coming to you to buy some frags. I really think this hobby should be moving in the direction of hobbyist-farmed frags as opposed to the way it is done now.

You sir, are an asset to the hobby.

Archived