Innovative Marine Aquariums

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they got closer to 3" and have heard no smaller than a 20 gallon, and that's a squeeze because they forage for algae and like a large territory. Mine is in the 46 gallon, and you guys would be mad if you I told you how cheap I got mine.

I went looking for my new fish - and he was no where to be found! I have eggcrate on top of the tank so there's no way he could have jumped - so I'm searching and searching and searching (that's a lot of searching for a 5.5G!) and I finally spot him wedged between a piece of rock and the sandbed. Never having kept saltwater fish - is that normal? My FW fish never did strange things like this.

Also I need to get a new light fixture - this one I think is too much light for this small of a tank - anyone know of any good 20" fixtures with like 40-50 watts or less?

I think it's too much light for my zoas - none of them have grown since I've had them in the tank - and the first frag I got is turning more of a brown color.

Hehehe yeah I forgot to move it before I took the pic :P

As for tanks -- I'm down to only three (links are in my signature)

How's your tank doing Shiva?

not yet -- he's getting better though -- unfortunatly I am in the process of selling my digital camera and I'm letting them borrow it for the week so I won't be able to get any new pics until next week (unless I find someone who'll let me borrow their camera!)

having a bit of a water clarity problem but I think I've got that under control now -- my angel has become more social and doesn't scatter when I come near the tank.

This weekend is a big coral frag swap meet and BBQ and I'll be coming home with probably 4-5 new zoa frags (although I have no clue where I'll keep putting them)

Hopefully on monday I'll find out if I sold my camera or not. If I did it will be a few weeks before I get my new one so I won't be getting pictures to keep you guys updated.

Ack - I get home today from the swap meet and my tank is over 90 degrees!!!

So ziploc baggie and a blue ice and ploop in to the tank it goes -- hopefully it won't take long to get the temp down -- I have corals that need puttin away!

Can't believe the heater's gone bad already

It's a Visi-Therm heater - and about an hour later I had the temps down (thanks to the freezer pack in the ziploc baggie)

I replaced it with a Stealth heater I had in my 3 gallon

As for the swap -- Ta da!

orangy whiteish blueish zoas

orange_zoas01.jpg

Emeril's favorite zoas -- BAM BAM!

bambam01.jpg

Some waaaaay cool green palys (pic doesn't do them any justice) it was two frags I glued together - probably has 12-15 polyps total on it now)

cool_greenpaly01.jpg

and I didn't get this at the swap -- there are two zoas on there though - but I've got this crazy afro algae thingy now too - wondering if I should give it the high top fade

afro_algae.jpg

Nice zoo's! I really like those greens, and the Bam Bams!

I went to MACNA and got a couple things. I got 1 pink and blue zoo frag, an unheard of frag from Eric Borneman, and neon green/pink tipped frogspawn!

texx

Archived