ReefCleaners.org

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

Something like this (if I'm understanding correctly) I love Paint!
show off! :P

although, i'd place the pump prior to the "refugium zone" rather than after as you've shown (i.e. over to the right rather than the far left in the hob reservoir). this lowers the flow-thru rate as most of the hob intake is diverted to the return piping. this achieves more of a true low-flow refugium dynamic.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new FTS - I reaquascaped and rigged the lighting to stay up (at least for now - I need to get a new set of legs)

Picture%20578%20(Medium).jpg

less than 24 hours -- the sand claimed no rinsing needed (so I didn't) and the live rock was cured already.

as soon as the tank finishes its cycle -- hopefully it will only take a week or so. Then I'm thinking maybe a goby/pistol shrip combo or something like that - with only a few corals

Yeah if the rock is fully cured it should only tank a week or so. I know someone who works at my LFS so he gives me the rock out of the tank that the fish and stuff is in so its fully cycled, and mine only took about 8 days

texx

I might use my Penguin 200 HOB that I have sitting around here to make a fuge - so I don't have to buy an AC. My heater and my powerhead should fit in there nicely with some live rubble.

i have most of the parts for my fuge but i just need the plumbing for the powerhead like you guys had made up on page 1 so all i need is some decent cheato, LR rubble, plumbing, and some acrylic

Pistol shrimp gobie pairs are so much fun. I had a pistol for the longest time and he would redecorate every 10 mins, moving sand just to decide he didnt like it and start over. Lots of fun to watch.

please, for my sanity, get a background that isnt work related! ;)

yeah yeah yeah -- I need to hit the pet store and buy a blue background for the tank -- I also need to offload the tropical fish that are in my 15H so I can steal it's HOB, take the tank down and put this one on it's stand. Luckily I have a co-worker with a 45G tank who's taking the tropical fish (she's like a wayward home for displaced tropical fish! hahaha) on monday - so Monday night I'll have the 15H taken down cleaned up and I'll be able to start playing with the penguin 200 to see if I can get it to be a nice fuge/equipment storage device.

Oh and since kmitch asked for it --

New FTS complete with BLUE background (not work related at all) magfloat and digital thermometer.

Picture%20582%20(Medium).jpg

Looks great. I love the look of branching LR-- that whats going in my pico!

Thanks for the background. I can resume enjoying your tank now!

yeah I love that LR too -- and the non-branching piece on the left actually has lots of holes and caves in it. I spotted two small snail like things crawling around last night after dark.

Here's a decent shot of the $5 frag of zoas I picked up this weekend

blowpopzoas.jpg

They are like dark green skirt with a baby blue disc and an orange center -- maybe blowpops? either way they look pretty cool

The Fish Guys in West Bloomfield Michigan -- running a $5 frag sale till the end of the month. I also picked up a small 6 headed blasto frag too.

Can't wait for my tank to finish cycling so I can put them in there.

Archived