Pod Your Reef

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if I should try to frag these out of the rest of the frag so I can propagate a colony of them on their own.

I think it would be easier to put them on a piece of a LR on the sandbed and then the glue the one that you want to grow out for fragging on there and then glue the ones that you want to keep on the rockwork.

Just an idea

texx

problem is there is like 2 maybe 3 polyps of that color in the middle of a colony of dark green plain ones. I was thinking to remove the three carlito alien eyes and glue them to their own frag rock so as to propagate a colony of them exclusively.

Think this calls for a PM to The Propagator!

well I just finished my first foray in to fragging -- hopefully both patients survive. The green ones have been left on their rock and put back in this tank -- while the cool Carlitos Alien Eyes have been placed in the tank with Natasha.

I used my trusty utility knife with a new blade, a bamboo skewer, super glue gel and a small piece of LR

if the CAE's open later I'll take some pics

Ok cool. So did you have to cut the base of the polyps at all or did you just pry it underneath the polyp? Also, what did you use the bamboo skewer for?

Can't wait to see pics!

texx

oh ok. lol

So how did you remove the polyp from the rock? Pry it or cut it?

Also, when I recieved some zoo's there was some loose polyps and all I did was just used a plastic spoon and postioned the polyp to where the mouth of the zoo was facing the handle. The I moved the polyp down so the base of the polyp is hanging off and then put it on the super glue and just hold it there for like 10secs and then right after put it in the water. This helps to keep them from sliming.

texx

Ok cool. I was just wondering cause some of the zoo's that I have are on the frag plugs with a piece sticking out of the bottom and there is no way to glue it to the rock work so I was just think about removing the polyps and gluing it to the rock.

texx

Yeah I know it can be frustrating as heck! I have some pink palys and some glowing greens that are growing like crazy but then my others haven't grown a single polyp. Its really wierd.

Also, am I on the list for the Alien Eyes?

texx

I have become ----------- a fish keeper now!

Just bought myself a fish for this tank -- it's a cherub pygmy angel and he's currently still acclimating and I'll get pics when he's in the tank but here's a couple teasers...

Picture%201026%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%201027%20(Medium).jpg

Archived