Top Shelf Aquatics

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I'm glad for the one LFS near me - I get $1 zoa polyps on the random onesy twoseys etc....and because he talked me in to trying the SPS frag he let me have it for $5 (it's about 1" tall) he also sold me a tiny urchin (about a quarter size in diameter) for $5 too!

I'm going to try and get a better picture of it's green side when it has it's polyps extended.

More new shots (I love playing with my new camera)

my urchin (he never leaves the underside of that rock)

urchin01.jpg

my RPE just seems SOOO photogenic

rpe02.jpg

These are tiny yellow/pink zoas

pink_lemonade_zoa01.jpg

And my Alien Green palys I got from The Propagator

alien_green_paly.jpg

Like the urchin Argent! :D

Excuse my english ignorance if you mentioned before but have you ever kept larger marine tanks?

Just cos my pico is my first ever marine and wondered if you came into it the same way.

I've kept Freshwater fish for about 20 years now -- I still have a 25G FW tank setup. But yeah my 3 Gallon pico at work was my first salt water tank. Now I have three of them :D

Argent check my 2.5 minibow out ( its in my sig ) but I have a question because obviously by the look at your tank you know your stuff.

What salt do you use and what do you dose into the tank? I got a calcium and alk test along with ammonia nitrite nitrate ph ...

I am unsure of what my calcium / alk readings should be what is the norm and what is good? :D Thanks

I buy premixed water from my LFS (it's easier than dealing with making and storing my own) and I don't dose my tanks with anything.

I buy premixed water from my LFS (it's easier than dealing with making and storing my own) and I don't dose my tanks with anything.

When you go can you find out what brand they use? :) I was thinking about using Reef Crystals.. I know alot of people use IO but I want that little but of more calcium from RC.. Right now I am using Oceanic.

lol, i set the silicon yesterday afternoon so I might as well wait until saturday to put water in the tank. that will get it nice and cured since its acryllic on glass. this will be perfect with the new cannister, i may be able to get some chaeto in there too. :)

noobwithatank
yeah I'm glad for the one LFS near me - I get $1 zoa polyps on the random onesy twoseys etc....and because he talked me in to trying the SPS frag he let me have it for $5 (it's about 1" tall) he also sold me a tiny urchin (about a quarter size in diameter) for $5 too!

I'm going to try and get a better picture of it's green side when it has it's polyps extended.

i envy you.. there is nothing here even close in my area.. i have to drive 1 hour.. if not more.. an it still costs a decent ammount :(

i envy you.. there is nothing here even close in my area.. i have to drive 1 hour.. if not more.. an it still costs a decent ammount :(

LOL that is horrible.. I deal with alot of local people here. I get alot of amazing deals including alot of free stuff.. Kenya Trees, Mushrooms, GSP, Cabbage Leather..

I am going to be getting Fire and Ice Zoa's for $10 about 10 polyps and a free finger leather.. Then I am trading 5 of the Zoa's for 5 Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoa's.

Find or start a local reef club in your area!!!!!!!!

You have no idea what its like in my world -_-

$10 hermits

$44 xenia

$88 pest anemoneys

$50 ocellaris clowns

$10lb LR

$32 DEEP SIX hydromeder

$30 YWG

$245 9in light!

$12 narssarius snails

$30 for f##king cayno algea

$1400 55g tanks w/o any lights or stand

$44 hagen fuval nockoff skimmer

$50 bag of LS

that is just the tip of the iceberg

You have no idea what its like in my world -_-

$10 hermits

$44 xenia

$88 pest anemoneys

$50 ocellaris clowns

$10lb LR

$32 DEEP SIX hydromeder

$30 YWG

$245 9in light!

$12 narssarius snails

$30 for f##king cayno algea

$1400 55g tanks w/o any lights or stand

$44 hagen fuval nockoff skimmer

$50 bag of LS

that is just the tip of the iceberg

... Thats balls. Where are you? Guam?

Read under the avitar

I diddn't buy all that sh*t,I am just ranting about the prices.

All I got at those prices where

the hydromeder

the $10 a pound LR

the hermits (2)

and the narssarius snails (2)

They also want $50 for sea squirts.I have 5 free hich hiker squirts on my $32 3 lbs of LR.

man your on the west coast you should be able to get stuff cheaper than that. I am stuck in PEI and have to get everything shipped in and it is cheaper.

Archived