Pod Your Reef

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW. Bruce is beautiful. What kinda fish is he?

he looks like a pimped out green bar goby.

Lookin good m'man.Bin a while since ive checked in.

yeah Bruce is a Bar Goby - not a bad score for $5

he's always out and not afraid of me when I come up to the tank and he's eating good too. I had to double up the egg crate on top of my tank (offset the second layer to make the holes impossibly small for him to jump through) since they are known jumpers (lost my firefish and I'll assume my yellow clown goby to carpet surfing)

hehe I can get PAIRs of perc or occy clowns for $60 :P

guess I am lucky -- can't wait to work on my 10 gallon this weekend.

HA! you guys think you have good deals on O. Clownfish, I can get a pair for $25! AND THAT'S CANADIAN!

• 3 weeks later...

Well - today I have taken down this tank. It led a good life and many many people enjoyed it. Unfortunatly either due to my attempts to eradicate flatworms, or because I replaced the lighting, the tank was over run with GHA and everything started to die off.

This is not the end of the story - just the end of a chapter - for this tank will be rebuilt (this afternoon after a trip to the LFS) in to a 5.5G MOWLR! I will be restocking the tank with black sand, new LR - but I will be keeping the 96w PC fixture. I also now have an AC110 that I will attempt to use as a fuge/power head for the tank.

The plan is to find a smithii or wennera to live in here - I shall post pictures of the new setup after its started to cycle.

Ok so after out and about shopping - I lied.....I opted to do away with the 5.5G (since I decided to toss it instead of cleaning it up - trust me it was easier) Unfortunatly (or fortunatly?) 5.5G are not as easy to come by....and for $9 I picked up an AGA 10G instead :MUHAHAHAHA:

So -- coming soon to a new forum post --- Argents 10G Fortress of Mantis-tude!

Archived