SaltCritters.com

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright -- I have this 5.5G glass tank -- my 3 gallon acrylic tank and I will be trading a bunch of spare FW stuff for either a 5 or 6 gallon acrylic tank.

IF I get the little 1" green mantis from the local guy -- he'll go in the 3 gallon. IF I get the 5 or 6 gallon and get it set up and cycled soon -- I will attempt to give sandlot13's mantis Rose a new home -- if not there is yet another one on RC that I might be able to get for this tank.

So yes -- soon I may be the proud father of multiple mantiseseses.

alright -- back to the drawing board as far as stocking this tank - my clean up crew should finally be here tomorrow.

The local guy's wife won't let him give up his small mantis - but he offered me his 4-5" peacock (which is way to big for any tanks I have)

So I have no clue what I'm going to do anymore....

Thanks - I thought it was a bit too bright -- so I removed one of the two bulbs but it doesn't look like it made THAT much difference.

I usually turn it on an hour before I turn the lights on, and I let them run for 2 hours after I turn the lights off - so far the corals seem to be happy.

About the moonlight. Did you wire that into a DC power source and then into the inverter, or did you just wire it straight into an AC plug?

it's wired right to a 13V AC wallwart (although there is a switch inline and a black box the lights are connected to as well)

Did you buy the one in the for sale forums? hehehe I think because it's so tall that it might not make an ideal mantis home

Dr Fosters & Smith have the 6G Eclipse on sale for $50

clean-up crew just showed up today at work for this tank

couple blue legs, couple scarlet reef hermits, couple astrea, and a couple nassarius (incl 3 LARGE ones - like 3/4" diameter)

argent it has shown that u have a diatom blooms.. how do u get rid of them when they are on your sandbed? i have nass but all they eat if food they suck.. lol

its a wonder why i have so many pods now... lol it has like only covered a 1/4 or the sanbed. before u couldnt even see the sand

So Saturday is the Michigan Reefers 1st Annual Frag-Fest! A huge frag/livestock/dry good swap meet. I'll be there and will be coming home with at least three new frags of zoas. What tank they will go in is anyones guess either the 3 gallon or the 5.5 gallon (the 6 hasn't finished it's cycle yet unfortunatly)

Stopped in at a LFS after work today and picked up a frag and some polyps (I was hunting through their tanks and finding single polyps that he sold me for $1/piece) so I came home with a frag and 3 individual polyps. They are in the tank now under the moonlights and if they open before I leave tomorrow for the swap meet I'll post pics -- otherwise I'll post pics of what I come home with tomorrow.

Sunday I wont be able to do any updates as I have VIP tickets to the NASCAR race and will be there all day.

yankeereefer
Sunday I wont be able to do any updates as I have VIP tickets to the NASCAR race and will be there all day.

You Suck!! :angry: Just kidding - Michigan Speedway is a great track, but it's nothing like 'Dega - I'm hopefully goin there in Oct

Cool. Can't wait to see pics!

Also, I used to live in Rockford just North of Grand Rapids Michigan and I got VIP tickets to a race there before. You go into these booths with a ton a windows in the middle of track.

Have fun!

texx

ps-Just posted some pics.

ok so I lied - a little bit - two of the single polyps have opened a bit so I snapped some pics.

This cool yellow polyp with a really long skirt

yellowpolyp.jpg

And this (might it be a small PPE????)

ppe01.jpg

I know the pic of the second one sucks - hopefully I can get a better one tomorrow - and honestly - I'd find it hard to believe the guy at the LFS would have sold me a single PPE polyp for $1.

yankeereefer
Also, I used to live in Rockford just North of Grand Rapids Michigan

I lived north of you in Newago on the Muskegon river, worked in Walker

Lol! Sorry Argent!

I can't really tell by the pic of the polyp. If it is you are super lucky!

Also, is yankee a girl?

texx

Archived