Innovative Marine Aquariums

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yankeereefer
yankee has a gf - if yankee's a girl - thats hot!

but no hehe yankee is a dude :P

Man, I guess I need to project more of a masculine image. :angry:

I'm glad at least you picked up on it Argent!

YR

Back from the frag swap - with some new stuff And now for the pics!

Yellow/greenish skirt purple face zoas

swapmeetzoa01.jpg

Orange skirt with green stripe and maroon disc with green mouth

swapmeetzoa02.jpg

If you look up and to the left of the zoa there's a small bubble algae and the grey thing above that I think might be some sort of urchin or star or something - it's tiny but I've noticed it move around.

Bad pic of some red zombie eyes (these were to replace the ones that died in the crash)

swapmeetzoa03.jpg

I believe these might be lemon lime zoas or something like that

swapmeetzoa04.jpg

And another bad pic of some SWEET pink/silver zoa/palys

swapmeetzoa05.jpg

Fishfreak218

those "Orange skirt with green stripe and maroon disc with green mouth" are AWESOME!!! so are the pinks.. and the zombie eyes..

nice.. can we get a FTS??

any plans for fish in this tank??

also make sure the yellow polyp doesnt spread across the whole tank and cover everything.. they can be a little bit envasive

the yellow polyp didn't survive the night -- so no worries there. I can get an FTS tomorrow and yeah that orange skirt with the maroon disc and green mouth was a great score for $1. I have new moonlight shots of the new frags too -- those green ones glow yellow under the lights.

Alright -- the yellow polyp seems to be hanging on literally by a thread but it's still alive somehow...here are some updated pics!

Yellow polyp

Picture%20818%20(Medium).jpg

lemon lime zoas

Picture%20819%20(Medium).jpg

green skirt purple face zoa

Picture%20820%20(Medium).jpg

FTS

Picture%20821%20(Medium).jpg

Pink and silver palys

Picture%20822%20(Medium).jpg

Brown and green palys

Picture%20823%20(Medium).jpg

Lemon limes under cold cathode moonlight

Picture%20824%20(Medium).jpg

Pink and silver palys under cold cathode moonlight

Picture%20825%20(Medium).jpg

Zombie eyes under cold cathode moonlight

Picture%20826%20(Medium).jpg

I'm thinking of trying to get GSP to grow across the backwall of this tank -- think it's possible or can it be done? I think that would look cool

I'm thinking of trying to get GSP to grow across the backwall of this tank -- think it's possible or can it be done? I think that would look cool

I got some GSP that is growing almost vertically on a rock face, so why not? Just glue it up. That junk spreads fast.

got my GSP last night (it's growing on some PVC and came with free aptasia! woo woo *rolls eyes* so it will probably end up in the 6 gallon tank with the rest of the aptasia (I'm getting a pair of peppermints for that tank anyway)

Also picked up a rock anemone (see 3 gallon tank thread) and another single polyp (RPE!) and another frag of variety but include two polyps of Carlito's Alien Eyes (I'll try and get pics of all these tonight when I get home as they hadn't fully opened yet)

Try feeding the sagging yellow polyp a bit of flake or brine shrimp (I know hard to do in such a small tank). It should perk up after that :D

Christy :)

I'll try that Christy - the poor thing is barely attached to its base anymore though :( but it still closes up at night and opens up as best it can in the day. I need to feed my mantis' and my new anemone brine shrimp today so I'll also try to feed it (and move it out of the high current location its in)

Also here are a couple pics of what I picked up yesterday....

Picture%20843%20(Medium).jpg

Picture%20844%20(Medium).jpg

and I've got another People Eater again! :D

Picture%20845%20(Medium).jpg

Those are tizzzite! lol JK :lol:

Anyways, I am trying to figure out a way to light my 75mL pico. It has a hollow lid that is about 1in high and about 1.5-2in wide. I would like to light it with LED's. Where did you get yours? Also, do you think I would be able to wire some into that small of a place?

Thanks!

texx

I got mine from a guy in the UK off ebay - he does custom arrays as well as long as they are square or rectangular

nice thing about those zoas -- I paid $10/polyp for them (there were two visible on the frag) but the rock was covered with a bunch of other dark green zoas too so I got the whole rock for $20 and there's at least 3 of those carlitos alien eyes on the frag (ones really small and just starting to open up)

here's a better pic (someone elses) of what they look like

CarlitosAE.jpg

Archived