Pod Your Reef

5.5 Gallon Pico

Argent

Your probably the only reefer in PEI m'man!

But even ordering stuff is expencive,shipping is like $40.And I dont have a home BOX number so I cant order in livestock.It sucks,

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked up a frogspawn (I think) last night plus two more small SPS frags -- I'll try and get some pictures up tonight (if they are happy where I placed them)

I am having a hell of a time finding frags here in B.C,I gave myself a limit of $100 a month on my tank to save up for bills for my new house next year.I can get some but shippings a b*tch,and I need to fix my starter for my light.

How big is the frogspawn?

at this point the tank is pretty full - not much else I can put in here. in fact some of the SPS might get moved to my 10G when I get it up because that will have at least a 70w MH over it.

yellow_polyp.jpg

yellow_blue.jpg

and my two free unknown SPS (they are probably 3/4" long)

its the bright green one next to my browned out SPS (that I think is still growing just not coloring up - will move it to the 10G with 70w MH when the tank is done)

new_sps01.jpg

new_sps02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well this morning I awoke to a tragedy - my pygmy angel was dead.

Of course having done some further research on what he looked like I do not believe he was a cherub pygmy angel (he wasn't bright enough colored and had a yellow/white tail) I believe he was instead a pacific pygmy angel - not that it matters much now.

Ah well - I'll wait for travisurfer to come in and tell me it was because my tank was too small.

I have alot of the types of colors of zoas you have. Those long tentacled green zoas (4 picutes above this post)- try feeding them brine its insane. They grab and pull and wrap completely around it, its preet cool.

How is the sps going? I also have a 5.5 96 watts but I haven't tryied any yet?

Ty

How is the sps going? I also have a 5.5 96 watts but I haven't tryied any yet?

Ty

WOOO 96WATT 5G CLUB!!!!

Well 95 but I have a one watt moonlight that I am installing in the pendant.

the green birdsnest seems quite happy (although I can't tell if it's actually growing at all) the other brown stick I added seems to be ok I guess (hard to see it's polyps because they are the same color as the rest of it) and the original SPS frag is just brown (still waiting to get my 70w MH 10G cube up and running then I'll move it over there)

• 2 weeks later...

so the first SPS I picked up is dying -- it's bleaching out :(

but I also picked up some Pom Pom Crabs tonight :D

pompom01.jpg

that guy is about 1/2" big (toe to toe)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived