inTank Media Baskets

Proraptor’s 60 Gallon Cube (24”x24”x24”)

proraptor

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This merletti is the coolest one I have ever seen...It really is coloring up nicely in my tank....

IMG_1506.JPG

Here are my hungy new Acans....Ive messed with every setting on my camera and they all come out like this...I guess my tank is really blue....It seems like the lower I go and take pics in the shade the more blue they come out...But the tank is really blue in the lower light areas

IMG_1500.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Ill take a new FTS before I move it (this weekend).

This weekend isnt going to be very fun...I have to move the tank to a new apartment! Im going to go to home depot and buy plenty of nice large plastic bins. Im then going to buy many different sizes of those cheap GLAD plastic containers from walmart...

Here is what my plan is:

1 large bin to hold all my fish (couple pieces of live rock)

6-7 large bins to hold my 160 lbs of live rock (with water)

1-2 large bins to hold all my corals (with water)

6-5 gallon jugs to hold water

Now...Question should I just place all corals in the glad containers with individual water or should I drill holes in the containers and place them in a large container of water so they share a large amount of water? I think it would be safer to place each coral in its OWN container so when its stressed it wont release crap into community water if I do it the other way...What do you guys think?

1 large bin to hold all my fish (couple pieces of live rock)

6-7 large bins to hold my 160 lbs of live rock (with water)

1-2 large bins to hold all my corals (with water)

6-5 gallon jugs to hold water

I recommend putting a little water in with the fish, too... ;)

I recommend putting a little water in with the fish, too... ;)

no really...

good luck pro, i wouldnt want to see anything damaged!

i have moved both ways with holes drilled in them and without, both worked fine. i feel more comfortable with everything seperate though so if one thing goes it doesnt have the chance of taking anything else with it

I hear you SLO reefer...Im going to keep everything seperate...

I get to go to walmart tonight and buy about 30 small glad containers for my corals....sucks

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Your tank looks so tranquil and beautiful hope your moving goes well at it's new location...

How many fish do you have in your tank, I only see two, can you place more fish in there or are you at your limit...

I have 8 fish and think Im done with fish...

4 green/blue chromis

1 4-line wrasse

1 kole tang

1 blue tang

1 ocellaris clown

I might get rid of the 4 chromis but Im not sure cause the girlfriend wants a goby/shrimp combo...Maybe after the move...Thanks for wishing me good luck Im going to need it! I just bought $50 worth of large plactic containers for my rock/ water and also got about 20 different sized plastic containers to hold the coral

The thing Im most worried about is re-aquascaping! Its such a pain in the butt!

shaggydoo541

Just a couple suggestions for your move. First, when you fill the buckets with your LR, fish, corals etc do not fill them too full. If possible keep the water line to 1/2. You will get a lot of splashing unless you have very secure lids. If you have lids than you should be fine.

Second, if it was me, I wouldn't move all that extra water. Bring enough to cover your rock and livestock. Then just mix new water at the new location. Saves time and trouble of lugging around heavy 5G buckets of water, and also does a large water change while you are at it. The water covering all your livestock should be plenty to keep your tank stable after the move and the large water change will dillute any chemical stressers/toxins your corals will produce during the move.

Overall good luck, as moving a tank is the biggest PITA.

Well The tank was successfully moved on Saturday to its new location...Everything went really smooth despite the rain storm that hit (sucked)...I would like to give props to Naughty Cashew for helping me move it as I couldnt have done it myself....

Ill get new pics up ASAP

Im thinking about upgraded just like you did but to a 35 gallon custom cube....can you email me the some pictures of your tank and setup?? i cant see the ones at the beginning of the post. MDU@itpmweb.com thank you much

I deleted the pics in the beginning of this thread because I ran out of space...Let me know if you need any help on setup...

Then put up a new one! I wanna see the new rockscape... And lemme know when i can come by, now that you live closer. Ill bring beer.

-Mike :P

You can come over whenever you want dude! Id put a pic up but I dont have internet hooked up yet at the new place...When its hooked up Ill post a pic ASAP...

Im totally loving my new rockwork though I think its the best its ever looked!

It went very smooth...I was suprised...The worst that happened was it was freezing cold and it was a pain to get the tank temp up....I ran my halide and small heater with no fans for about 8 hours to get the tank back up to 78...Now its stable again

Archived