Innovative Marine Aquariums

Proraptor’s 60 Gallon Cube (24”x24”x24”)

proraptor

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also really like the monticap....I was really bummed about it though cause when I moved it broke in many places and so it doesnt look as good as it once did but it will grow back no problem

Fishfreak218

Monti Cap. is my favorite SPS....otherwise SPS is cool.. but an SPS dominated tank doesnt have much movement besides fish... which is why i like LPS and softies better (but after seeing a few peoples tanks.. i got to say... some SPS is cool... but i dont think Acro. does good in a mixed reef)

Thanks....The funny thing is I didnt think the macro shots would come out very good as I consumed multiple alcoholic beverages before taking them...But I think they came out pretty good...

NaughtyCashew
I do love monti's though

Except the last time you touched them your hand nearly fell off :o .

Other than that, they're fantastic! :)

Im not sure...I just have a crazy allergic reaction to them...A bunch of blisters show up all over my hands then my top layer of skin peels off...Its pretty crazy!

Im not sure...I just have a crazy allergic reaction to them...A bunch of blisters show up all over my hands then my top layer of skin peels off...Its pretty crazy!

ewwww -_-

Hi Proraptor,

I am in the design phase of a new tank and was hoping you could repost your plumbing pictures? can't see them in you 60g cube post. Also, if you had to do anything different plumbing-wise, would you?

Thanks.

Hi Proraptor,

I am in the design phase of a new tank and was hoping you could repost your plumbing pictures? can't see them in you 60g cube post. Also, if you had to do anything different plumbing-wise, would you?

Thanks.

Ill take some more pics of my plumbing tonight or tomorrow and post them for you...IMO My plumbing design is perfect...I wouldnt change a thing

Ill take some more pics of my plumbing tonight or tomorrow and post them for you...IMO My plumbing design is perfect...I wouldnt change a thing

Thanks for the input - I look forward to the pics.

IMG_1700.JPG

There you go zoomin....Let me know if you have any questions

I just bought the lights of america 65 watt power compact flood light to light my fuge for $11.97 at Walmart and its perfect! The bulb is 65 watts and is 6500K which is perfect to grow chaeto....Super bright light for a fuge...

great looking tank Proraptor! I'm plumbing a 30 gallon Oceanic cube into my 75 this weekend and briefly was looking through your thread for ideas. I see you're using a couple of SEIO's in the left and right corner. Could you tell me ones you are using? I use the 1500 and 1100 in my bigger tank and going to either get one or two for the cube.

Keep up the good work!

Awesome cube. May I ask where you got your tank and stand from and how much if you dont mind saying? Im looking for a 24x24x24 cube myself or something similar and im having a hard time finding any.

• 2 weeks later...

Proraptor

I'm in the process of putting together a 60 cube (I'm going to try to document it in a new thread). I've read your post form start to finish and have a few questions. Since yours has been up and running for sometime now I was wondering if you would do anything different? Here is some if your info you posted.

Pump - Panworld 50PX-X 1110 GPH (very quiet and runs super cold! Awesome pump!)

Are you satisfied with your pump? Would you get a different kind if so which one? Where can I purchase the Panworld pump?

Refugium: Ecosystem 24” x 8.5” x 8.5” acrylic.

Where did you purchase it? I was looking around on Ebay, some come close but not at your measurements.

Lights

1 250 watt HQI Aqua Medic Ocean light Metal Halide with a XM 15K bulb. 2 65 watt PC’s 8800K retrofit

Phoenix 14K to replace my XM 15K and what a difference

Sounds like your happy with this setup, would you change it?

I am also building my own stand, it's going to be 44 inches tall. I know it's pretty tall but it's going to be in a location where you can't sit down and enjoy it. You have to be standing.

Sorry for all the questions, I would like to set it up right the first time. If you have any information for me it would be appreciated. I'm located not that far from you, I live in Bellflower (near 605/91) and work in Seal Beach. I've never done the plumbing before. I'm going from a 12gal nano to the 60 gal cube, it's kind of intimidating.

ScotchMaster

NewSchool - He is using 2 seio 620's

s3aL - He bought it locally from www.reefcollection.com and it was about $250 out the door

JDMac - He swears by panworld....You can get them at www.marinedepot.com, He also built his stand and hood himself. He got the ecosystem refugium at a frag swap for $10!

Archived