SaltCritters.com

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is an update on my tank; you can see that the elegance is doing great...

2qx6q08.jpg

4d7lppx.jpg

2ztgev4.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
can you post a pic of whats under the tank? like the sump and everything?

As per your request:

Front side

2r2t3xd.jpg

Right side

29pb3pu.jpg

Left side

43eiybl.jpg

Outside controllers

2nb9409.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
why the second rk2!? and how come they both have diff. readings!?!?

One RK takes care of everthing in the tank and the other controls things in my sump...

Had the C02 been on during the time I took the picture, you would've seen a clear drop in PH on the unit on the wall; 6.4 ph...

Because of both reefkeepers, I have the ability to shut off anything independantly of each other....

Hope that answers the basics...

MG

Tank is looking nice....Someone needs some SPS though with all that fancy shmancy equipment under the stand

Captain Spaulding is the ######.

-Carl

• 3 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Attention all reefers,

The day has come to sell my 72 gallon Oceanic reef ready bowfront. I'm selling just the glass tank with mega flow kit; $100 dollars...

The tank is in excellent condition as I have taken great care of it...

MG

2zefbyr.jpg

2v180sk.jpg

49gfg3d.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
if he is just selling the tank and keeping the hood + base I am assuming he is getting a 90g?

Yeap,,, you are right....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
yay what do i win!?!? are u getting it with the overflow or are you doing what i think your going to do and plumb that sucker!

Simple overflow built in, I don't do well with plumbing...

so why the step up to the 90 just to gain a few inches in height?

seriously! i've got one of those sitting in my store and it looks like it would be a BI+CH to aquascape. you couldn't pay me to set one up. for the cost of the tank plus what you'd get for the 72+stand+canopy, you could get a 120 and stand and use the same lighting and filtration you've got plus a cheap diy sump and another pump.

Edited by pets_unlimited_fish_guy
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
seriously! i've got one of those sitting in my store and it looks like it would be a BI+CH to aquascape. you couldn't pay me to set one up. for the cost of the tank plus what you'd get for the 72+stand+canopy, you could get a 120 and stand and use the same lighting and filtration you've got plus a cheap diy sump and another pump.

That does sound so tempting but I will tell you why the 90 gallon bowfront:

1. The bowfront design is very unique to any other tank I have seen, it's appearance makes any room shout with elegance.

2. There is no hassle in just pulling off the 72 gallon and placing the 90 in the same stand and canopy.

3. The 90 has a much more elegant look than the 72, the extra inches make a huge difference in pure beauty.

4. I will be able to re-aquascape the rock to create a newer look I've been wanting for some time; a sand base all around the reef.

5. I will be able to remove some tangs that have Lateral line disease and restock a healthier group.

6. I will be able to catch the evil crab that's at the bottom of my tank.

7. I don't have the room width wide for the 120 gallon tank in my current spot, moving the furniture all around would not work.

8. Re-plumbing all my equipment is not on my agenda; have you seen what's in my cabinet?

9. I've always wanted the 90 gallon, just they never had it the day I purchased the 72.

10. And the number one reason, I cannot go beyond the 90, I'm married and the wife said I will not justify more spending on lights or cabinets on canopys.

MG

That does sound so tempting but I will tell you why the 90 gallon bowfront:

1. The bowfront design is very unique to any other tank I have seen, it's appearance makes any room shout with elegance.

2. There is no hassle in just pulling off the 72 gallon and placing the 90 in the same stand and canopy.

3. The 90 has a much more elegant look than the 72, the extra inches make a huge difference in pure beauty.

4. I will be able to re-aquascape the rock to create a newer look I've been wanting for some time; a sand base all around the reef.

5. I will be able to remove some tangs that have Lateral line disease and restock a healthier group.

6. I will be able to catch the evil crab that's at the bottom of my tank.

7. I don't have the room width wide for the 120 gallon tank in my current spot, moving the furniture all around would not work.

8. Re-plumbing all my equipment is not on my agenda; have you seen what's in my cabinet?

9. I've always wanted the 90 gallon, just they never had it the day I purchased the 72.

10. And the number one reason, I cannot go beyond the 90, I'm married and the wife said I will not justify more spending on lights or cabinets on canopys.

MG

You could've just said reason 10 and we all would've understood. The other 9 are good reasons too. Bowfronts are awesome, glad to see you're keeping it in the family.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Thanks to all that inquired on my legendary tank; it's been sold to a reefer in San Francisco...

I ordered my 90 gallon bowfront today from Aquarium Concepts in Dublin, I had some gift certificates from them so it paid for itself...

I go to pick it up Friday after work; and then I do the move Saturday, leaving Sunday a farewell to my 72 gallon friend...

Edited by mikeguerrero