Cultivated Reef

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Scott Riemer
You could've just said reason 10 and we all would've understood. The other 9 are good reasons too. Bowfronts are awesome, glad to see you're keeping it in the family.

Ya, number 10 explains it all to me.

It's been awesome watching this tank progress over the past year and a half, and i thank you for keeping up with the frequent updates.

I'm really looking forward to following along on the next tank. I'm sure it will turn out just as amazing as this one did B)

Edited by nd12nc
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here we go again, the evolution begins...

It arrives

4502p95.jpg

34fe9ep.jpg

Placing it on its throne

44t8wmf.jpg

4gdhz6c.jpg

The holding tank

2z8nam9.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
OMG it is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah,

That is what my mom said when she help lift this beast onto the stand; she's visiting from Florida....

She then took me to the LFS and bought me a pair of blue tangs and a black ocelleris clown; ever since one of my clowns commited suicide the other clown just wasn't the same, that is until the new clown came in; he went nuts and is happy to have a friend/boyfriend/girlfriend however he or she sees it....

The tank is looking gorgeous and I'm so happy with it, I'll have pictures real soon, it's already up and running, just want it to settle in...

My new theme is everything in pairs; hopefully I'll get some kind of breeding to take place in the years to come....

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
SHOW US THE ARC

You bet I will, just let the weekend arrive.... It's just 1 day away, I will photograph, my arc and share with my reefers my evolution...

MG

fraggle rockette
Attention all reefers,

The day has come to sell my 72 gallon Oceanic reef ready bowfront. I'm selling just the glass tank with mega flow kit; $100 dollars...

The tank is in excellent condition as I have taken great care of it...

MG

2zefbyr.jpg

2v180sk.jpg

49gfg3d.jpg

oh geez gorgeous... i have to keep telling myself: nothing over 30g until i get a house! lol.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is a shot farther away, man this thing is tall, very tall....

4igikuu.jpg

Here is Paris, he's like, come on and get these rocks in your new tank already...

48gey50.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is to all to my devoted fans; I hope you like the first set of pictures to evolve on my thread... A 90 gallon bowfront is born....

2e3wc49.jpg

2m2b42c.jpg

3444jzc.jpg

4cnjwgo.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Thanks for the nice comments on my work; those set of pictures are from running my tank only 1 week...

I hope to have the purple coraline hit my areas of my rock that were not exposed to light when I ran the 72 gallon; I'm sure it will begin to grow....

I'm hoping to have the top filled with either some SPS corals or an LPS such as a flower pot; if I do go with SPS they will be baby frags to see if they take off....

In the beginning I learned the hard way, purchasing large colonies only to have them go up in smoke a couple of months later; I learned that the frags are more resilient and have good propogation...

Also they are more cost effective if I do lose one, I was hurting in money when the colonies went up in smoke....

I remember that the SPS corals that did survive my initial cycle were very strong and started to thrive; grow like crazy....

I went with LPS corals because I wanted a different look and wanted to get an elegance coral; I now have some space on the very top of my 90 that will allow me for some creative SPS frags that I hope to glue into the rock and let the evolution begin...

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
SR20Fastback

both of your tanks were extremely good looking! glad to see you shop at aquarium concepts too, thats where i get most of my stuff anways. how far away do you live if you don't mind me asking? i wanted to move back to fremont (from dublin) until they moved over here... now i'm second guessing leaving the area with them being literally about 1.5 miles from my house haha.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
both of your tanks were extremely good looking! glad to see you shop at aquarium concepts too, thats where i get most of my stuff anways. how far away do you live if you don't mind me asking? i wanted to move back to fremont (from dublin) until they moved over here... now i'm second guessing leaving the area with them being literally about 1.5 miles from my house haha.

The majority of my high end equipment is from AC, they have a huge selection of stuff with great prices; they will match online deals not to mention their staff is very friendly...

Ken the owner of the shop is great to work with and his crew is very knowledgeable, especially Cameron, he knows just about everything there is about reefing...

I live in Five Canyons, Castro Valley. I'm about 10 miles away from the shop about 10 minutes, they use to be closer when they were in Hayward, but I don't mind Dublin, since I can take the backroads to get there if traffic is present on 580...

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero