Pod Your Reef

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ReefApprentice

The Chevron Tang's around here go for at least 100 bucks. Not sure I want to spend that and have it die. Eek. How do you think it would go in a 60g?

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Any new additions?

No new editions since I'm in the process of a huge move; my wife and I purchased a new home and we are embarking on the biggest move to this date.

How I'm going to transfer my 72 gallon tank is still under a lot of construction and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

As always I will be documenting my move with detailed pictures to further add to this ever growing thread of mine.

Thanks,

MG

• 2 weeks later...
How I'm going to transfer my 72 gallon tank is still under a lot of construction and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

UPGRADE!!! :happydance: 175g?

Obsessed Reefer

Mike G:

Just read all 17 pages. Mostly pictures only but I read a lot of your posts. And I have to say, I love this tank. Very inspirational. When I 'grow up', I'm 14, And get my own house, I plan on a 72G or bigger tank. Yours has inspired me more. But one thing I never caught while reading was, You had 2 ocellaris clowns, then all of a sudden, they were Black&White. I read that someone gave the B&W to you, but what happened to the ocellaris?

Jesse

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike G:

Just read all 17 pages. Mostly pictures only but I read a lot of your posts. And I have to say, I love this tank. Very inspirational. When I 'grow up', I'm 14, And get my own house, I plan on a 72G or bigger tank. Yours has inspired me more. But one thing I never caught while reading was, You had 2 ocellaris clowns, then all of a sudden, they were Black&White. I read that someone gave the B&W to you, but what happened to the ocellaris?

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

First let me start off by saying, thank you for your nice comments and it's very flattering to have a 14 year old fan...

Let me tell you that I too started reefing at about 14 years of age and can say it was lots of fun taking care of blue damsels as it was within my budget....

Times have changed and now many types of fish and corals can be purchased with very little money for the beginner....

I loved the ocean so much, I would always love any PBS show about animals and of course would love all animals, but the ocean was always a mystery to me...

As I left the reefing world for about 10 years I was perplexed when I came back to the hobby and learned I could cycle a tank in about 2 days; I jumped back in and this is my story...

The clowns went from orange to black because my younger brother gave me a mated pair and I drove them from Los Angeles to San Francisco. They almost died on the trip and when I got them home my two other clowns started havoc against them...

Since they had sustained a harsh trip and were much more exotic than my orange clowns, I gave them residence and took the other clowns to the LFS where he quickly sold them the next day to a happy couple....

Now I could've told you a crazy story that I fed them chocalates for a week straight and they turned colors on me but that would be a wild story better left for comedy central....

Take care, and happy reefing....

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Ok. Thanks. When are you moving?

I should start the move at the end of next week... It's been crazy since ESCROW IS A @#$@#$ IN THE #$%.....

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Jesse,

I went ahead and cleaned out my inbox, so if you want to PM you may. In regards to the height of my aquarium from base of stand all the way to the top of the canopy is; 62 inches 5 feet 2 inches...

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero
Obsessed Reefer

Ok sweet. I thought it would be a lot taller. I'm 6'2", I know I'm a fricken huge 14 y/o, so it will be easy if I get one. Cus I'm lookin into a big reef when I get my own house. in like 10 years.

Never to early to start planning

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Ok sweet. I thought it would be a lot taller. I'm 6'2", I know I'm a fricken huge 14 y/o, so it will be easy if I get one. Cus I'm lookin into a big reef when I get my own house. in like 10 years.

Never to early to start planning

Jesse,

The 90 gallon version of my tank is the same dimensions except for it's height.... It's a lot taller than mine, I stayed away from it because I'm only 5'4 and was a dwarf next to it...

You would love the 90 gallon bowfront by Oceanic Systems.... I know someone that is 6'3 and loves his tank for the height....

Oh yeah, my sump did not come with the tank, I had to purchase it separate but I stayed with Oceanic equipment since at the time it looked cool, if I could do it over, I'd get a different sump....

MG

Obsessed Reefer

Yea. I was at petco yesterday, and I saw a 72G w/o a canopy, and im like $hit. That's small. I really like Oceanic's 'Metals Collection'. That's why I will probably get the 72G, but you never know, they might have a 90G in that in 10 years.

Obsessed Reefer
Jesse,

Oh yeah, my sump did not come with the tank, I had to purchase it separate but I stayed with Oceanic equipment since at the time it looked cool, if I could do it over, I'd get a different sump....

MG

Ok. You bought the sump tank, but what about the items with an arrow pointing to them? Did that come with the sump? And did you buy Oceanic's 'Reef Ready Sump'?

Thanks,

Jesse

Yea. I was at petco yesterday, and I saw a 72G w/o a canopy, and im like $hit. That's small. I really like Oceanic's 'Metals Collection'. That's why I will probably get the 72G, but you never know, they might have a 90G in that in 10 years.

Their is no difference between the 72 g and the 90 g stand. Same everything, so you should be able to get the 72 g "metal collection" stand with the 90g (29 inch tall) bowfront.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Jesse,

I purchased the 20 gallon sump by Oceanic. What items are you talking about? The ones with arrows? Let me know and I can answer your question....

MG