inTank Media Baskets

72 Oceanic Reef Ready Bow Front Evolution...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

• 3 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Just an update:

I've decided to talk about success and failure with types of corals that I have or had.

Elegance coral: stayed alive for 2 months before dieing; was placed on the sandbed

Branching flowerpot: traded it in for credit at LFS after it wouldn't open up; however it did not recede, had it for about 2 months

Crocea clam: small clam did well under PC lighting, didn't like MH, died, kept it about 6 months.

Blasto's: alien eye and red variety, super healthy you cannot kill these guys, I've had them for 2 years. Do very well under PC and MH.

Button polyps: I have a variety of these guys in my tank, orange skirt and green eye; they will proliferate and then stop and then proliferate again; very healthy and they spread; had them 1 year.

Branching torch: will not die no matter how many times I've dropped it by accident in the tank. 1 year

Frog spaw: very hardy will not die; 2 years

branching frogspawn: very hard, grew another head; 2 months

Florida ricordia: super strong will not die even when exposed partially to air on many moves I made; 2 years going on 3.

Green yuma: very resilent like florida ric, has divided several times and I've only had for about 4 months.

Trumpet coral: very strong has multiplied several times and I've owned it for almost 3 years; it's been through so many tanks.

Fox coral: doing great only had it 1 week

Bubble green coral: very elegant, it's on the bottom of the tank had it 4 months, its huge, very strong.

All my fish are doing great except that my two blue tangs caught the same lateral line disease my old blue tang had, I just don't get it because I changed out 75 percent of water before I made the new purchase; all my other tangs do not have the disease; this disease really sucks because it leaves a healthy eating fish so ugly.

I also made my first puchase of a SPS frag and I glued it yesterday, it's doing great, its a hydropora.

My collection will be LPS from the middle of my tank to the bottom, nothing on the sandbed I'm going for a white clear look on the bottom.

On the top I will go with SPS corals and see if they take off, up towards the surface of the tank I have tons of current and high intensity PAR.

We wll see what happens...

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Okay,

Since you twisted my arm, here are some pics:

My new fox coral

6h3smix.jpg

Orange polyps with green polyps

53afgu9.jpg

Red doughnut coral

6gx9id2.jpg

Florida ric with green yuma

4pugyms.jpg

Partial FTS

67s128n.jpg[

FTS

6g8k8wl.jpg

A little further FTS

4vn7pk8.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
  • Like 2
Obsessed Reefer

Can I twist your arm some more and send have you send me something???

Also, are you related to the Guerrero's of wrestling?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Haha,

If I were related to the Guerrero wrestlers, I'd own a few LFS and have you manage a couple, hahaha...

MG

Obsessed Reefer
Haha,

If I were related to the Guerrero wrestlers, I'd own a few LFS and have you manage a couple, hahaha...

MG

SWEET!!! You should try contacting them saying your a distant cousin..... and that you want some money.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here is a 55 second video of my reef... I tried to give you an idea on the height of this tank with all the rock work piled on...

Enjoy...

View My Video

MG

Wow. I didn't even realize you upgraded. I keep coming back to your tank for inspiration. Seriously considering the purchase of one of the new 72g bf oceanic tanks now that supposedly they are being made with starfire glass. I've already started collecting equipment :)

Tank looks amazing as usual.

WOW! Mike, tank is looking friggin unbelievable! Love the current and sway of the torch and the other softies! What kind of Wrasse is that I see peddling around?

Breathtaking again, dude! PROPS!

D

I cant help it.

I played the video thrice.

Your tank is really nice.

great caves for your little blue tang to swim and roam about!

wow.

wow.

wow.

• 2 weeks later...
Hairy legs, black claws = bad crab.

Its possibly some sort of Xanthid crab, not sure...but the black claws are a bad sign. Was it that dark of a color when it was alive as well?

i know this is pretty far along in your post pages for you to notice me but i think your tank is amazing only suggestion is you consider a ultraviolet steralizer your tangs will thank you. ;)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
i know this is pretty far along in your post pages for you to notice me but i think your tank is amazing only suggestion is you consider a ultraviolet steralizer your tangs will thank you. ;)

Thanks for the advice. If you go back through the pages you will find a complete page dedicated to UV light. I had a big outbreak with ich and I used all sorts of meds until I finally realized a UV was the way to go. After the UV was placed all has been great.

MG

I feel like I have a mini version of your tank shaping up... 46G Bowfront:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I really love your first pic and your the third, the colors look really nice, the second pic is over exposed. Your water clarity is prestine and I love that about reef tanks, the cleaner the look the more attaction it strikes the reefer. Keep up the hard work.

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero

Thank's Mike... keeping the glass clean helps alot too! My picture taking skills leave something to be desired though... my next upgrade when I get a house will be an oceanic 180 bow... can't wait!

Once you go bow front you never go back omgomgomgomgomgomg

Simply amazing! A total inspiration to get my 72 bow going!

If you had to do it again, would you go with the same sump? Im trying to decide between a reef ready and a larger custom sump.

Anything else you might do different if you could do it all over again?