inTank Media Baskets

Acanthastrea thread!

Tigahboy

I think my OC acan grows the fastest tho. the time it takes for a baby head to become a full head is just a matter of weeks. Probably b/c the OC acan was one of the only frags that was mounted from day 1. haha. I really need to mount the rest of these guys to pick up the growth rate.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by EtOH_is_good

one green and pink polyp = 810 bones.  that better complete the collection.

I was glued to the refresh button the last hour to see how much it would finally go for. crazy indeed very crazy. I suppose the winner gets to at least show for the cash. I am at work right now and in the time it took for me to reply I watched a guy spend 20 times that on blackjack. lol

man i want to see some new pix of new frags/colonies.

anyone have anything "NEW" to share? please post pix! too much talk and too little show.

Reefer Addict

jennifer-you should see it when it opens to feed. almost looks like a sun coral! :P

yosh-got them from the back of tigah's tank...... :D

tigah-made sure to leave and not disturb your salt creep.. :P

TB's acan after feeding frenzy. Notice the little polyp on the left. There are actually four babies that are already feeding. Very high growth rate!

9040DSCF0380.jpg

i've got a 2.5 polyp frag in grow out phase right now. it should be a three polyp in a month or less....it's a frag off of the colony pictured above. check me out at frags.org as i've got some hillae and other rare coral frags for sale.

Freakiest thing happened. I decided to mount the pink acan lord that I got from Belowh20 last night.

So I did the usual, took frag out, placed super gel on rock, placed frag on rock and then put it back into the tank.

But I couldn't move the frag back in its original spot (shaded area on the far right side of tank) b/c the rock took up too much space. So I moved it to another spot. It was closer to the mh pendant, but i thought it would be safe since I pushed it into a cave a little.

But all of a sudden I noticed that it started to literally disintegrate in front of my eyes. Like flesh starting to melt away and oozing big time. So I quickly moved it back to the shaded area far away from MHs, and it slowly started to recover.

I wake up today, and it looks almost like new. I don't see any clear signs of lost flesh or anything. strange.

it's all the smoking you're doing, playing tricks on your eyes... jk they have nothing in common but still... u should quit for the sake of your grandchildren.

Archived